General anime/manga/LN thread

xdaniel

So I've been watching bleach, pretty casually, but I've got one major problem with it so far.Without spoilers, does it keep the "monster of the week" thing going for every single episode?So far I can pretty much guarantee that episodes will have a tiny bit of character development and then there'll be a new hollow to fight. I was just wondering if it stays like that.Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, but I think it might get a bit samey after a while.

So I've been watching bleach, pretty casually, but I've got one major problem with it so far.Without spoilers, does it keep the "monster of the week" thing going for every single episode?So far I can pretty much guarantee that episodes will have a tiny bit of character development and then there'll be a new hollow to fight. I was just wondering if it stays like that.Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, but I think it might get a bit samey after a while.

No. That "Monster of the Week" thing will stop after episode 20 or something (I'm not sure). After that the storyline will concentrate mostly on one thing through the whole series (if you ignore the filler seasons).

I've only seen/read it to around episode 25 maybe, but the Monster of the Week thing does stop when... something happens to some character, I think.

Actual spoiler inside:

Once Rukia is "called back", if that's the right choice of words, to Soul Society, and Ichigo & Co. go after her to save her.

...that correct?

Railgun S episodes... 8 to 11 *cough*:

Seems like every Level 5 besides Mikoto is totally crazy! Accelerator, that remote control girl, and Item's Mugino too! That said, tho, Mugino, as well as Frenda and... ugh... the AIM Field sensing girl - I think I'm bad with names - made for one intense fight. Oh, and thanks Frenda, for not cleaning up after yourself and leaving your explosive toys all over the place!

On the other hand... While I didn't really expect it in the first place, it really sucks that Mikoto was not able to stop the Level 6 experiment... like, at all. Almost 200 new laboratories and such opening up pretty much over night? Ugh...

Oh well, time to download episode 12... ...v0v1? How the hell did they screw up a v0 release in the first place...?

Railgun S episode 12:

The digital brains behind the project, the Tree Diagram, has actually been destroyed a while ago (which I think I heard about, didn't Index do that or something?), which means that the project just keeps going not because of some sorta logical decision by a computer, but because someone has some personal interest in it? Plus, I'm guessing that the population of Academy City has pretty much been lied to - probably not for the first time, either, ex. judging how the higher-ups are obviously aware of or involved in the experiments! -, believing the Tree Diagram to be operational all along, weather forecasts and all.

The next few episodes will be interesting, not least because Touma is getting dragged into this mess, too, with his totally cheaty power nullifying ability... which is great, because he's probably the only one who can even scratch Accelerator!

• Like 1

I just watched Kokoro Connect episode 4, and I almost died laughing at the. Now I want to watch even more :D

Taichi telling Inaba that he masturbated to her and the other girls was nothing all that special, but Inaba actually confessing to Taichi that she masturbated to him also was just unexpected as hell o.O

Very short thoughts ('cause I don't really know what to write; I'm not an anime blogger!):

Servant x Service: Kinda like Working!! - both manga by the same author - just in the health/welfare division of a ward office instead of a family restaurant. Lucy [abbreviated] Yamagami and her file-throwing skills ftw!Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-Bu: Not at all about a club drinking tea and eating cake all the time, unlike in Yura's imagination (and a certain other show) - it's about survival games and airsoft guns! "Weirdo! Weirdo! Real freak!"

Railgun S episode 13 was pretty much the same as an Index episode...i´m not saying it was bad or something but it was kinda boring to watch the same stuff i watched months ago in another series. Of curse it wasn´t exactly the same but i would say like 70% were almost identical.

Oreimo is over for now and Shingeki no Kyojin was just a recap episode.  I Think i could say i´m pretty much disappointed of this weeks anime :(

but Hentai ouji to warawanai neko saved the week a little bit. It really was an enjoyable series with nice characters. there was even a little plot Twist at the end i haven´t expacted ;D

Noticed that Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA 6 is out, just had to watch it right away... Ahhh, what I would give for another season with weekly episodes, instead of waiting half a year or so for each new OVA. Plus, there's apparently only one more OVA coming anyway.

It's been pure perverted fun as usual. And I'm aware of the irony of having "pure" and "perverted" in the same sentence. Spoilered, although no-one's probably watching SYD anyway...

The student council's quartet being awesome, like Suzu flipping out on stage for being called a child, or Shino sulking ("Hmpf!") that Tsuda didn't vote for her in the Miss Ousai contest; everyone's favorite reporter Hata scheming to get the student council participate in the contest (like "We're three participants short! *holds flyer saying 14*" "But the flyer I have only says 11...") and her fakeout with the results and the ending theme; Kotomi and Tsuda being the best siblings ever ("Taka-nii, are you watching?" "Nope!") and Kotomi being the best imouto ever; the question why Yokoshima-sensei participates in the Miss contest when she should rather try to become a Mrs... and so on, and so forth.

And that's just the "normal" things, I'm not even talking about "putting things in" (...the votes! Certainly nothing else!), Nene and her vibrating... tools, I guess... just all the innuendo peppered throughout the episode.

Animes I´m watching at the moment:

• Shingeki No Kyojin - Episode 14
  • To aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 13
  • Bakemonogatari - awesome anime but very exhausting to watch so still at episode 7
  • Shakugan no Shana - episode 11 of season 2
  • Oregairu - Episode 2
  • Higurashi no naku koro ni kai - Episode 7
  • To aru no majutsu no index - Episode 12 ( i don´t want to finish it before the sister arc of railgun s is over  :lol: )
  • Oreimo - Episode 13

I really have to say that the last 5 episodes of Shingeki no Kyojin were a huge letdown...Exactly as the last 2 of Railgun S. these episodes were just copy-paste but at least something happened, not as in Shingeki. But Shingeki no Kyojin is  still the anime with the most potential; i mean the first 5 episode were just brilliant; actually the best first 5 episodes i´ve ever seen in anime....i hope they wont screw it up at the end.

as for Oreimo: 

after i watched the 13th episode i was kinda happy and angry at the same time. Happy because the episode was beautiful ( i even like Kirino a little bit more now, or i can at least understand why she is what she is). And angry because i have to wait over a month to watch the last 3 episodes. I heared that the last episodes will contail the ending of the Original work so it is the "real end". thats why i´m extremely exited for it   :D

Railgun S episode 13...

This city is fucking messed up. And Mikoto just going in there and blowing shit up... like "I don't care anymore, I just want this to stop", with that almost absent-minded expression on her face. And then helplessly watching another Sister pretty much explode into a shower of blood on camera. And that first Sister, that first battle against Accelerator, with no idea who she is up against... and those last words of hers. Fuck.

I haven't seen Index and haven't read the manga to this point, so this was all new to me, and... goddamn it. I just don't know what to say.

I was reading some comments on r/anime on reddit a few minutes ago and thought I'd share this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SMt6fFtqzA Hearing that, I'm not ever going to watch an anime titled "Boku".

Its not called just "Boku", the anime you should never watch is "Boku no Pico" .

There is another anime called "Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai" which is  actually a pretty nice series; one of the funniest i´ve ever seen^^

Railgun S Episode 14...and again an index clone....

i would say that was a pretty nice episode..even if it was exactly the same as Index episode 12... you could say after the first 5 minutes it was identical.

I just feel so sad for Misaka...she would die to end the Project. She´s a really strong person..but the fucking Accelerator and the team have managed it to break the little Biribiri. Even if the accelerator isn´t actually such a monster later in index...right now in railgun, he´s a fu***** deamon!! 

i´m very exited to see Touma VS Accelerator^^ i think he´s the only one who could eventually beat him^^

Luckily, i only watched Index to exactly that point so the next episode will be new for me  :D

Railgun S episode 14:

That was such a powerful episode. Touma refusing to let Mikoto pass, to let her walk into certain death, and Mikoto finally letting her emotions out, as heartbreaking as that was to watch. Where'd the cheerful, vending machine kicking, childish Gekota merchandise loving Mikoto Misaka go? Anyone would break from what she has experienced those past 13 episodes, but sitting here, watching her cry like that, I couldn't help it but ask myself that... which made this so much more painful. I wish she'd go back to her old self once Touma has taken care of Accelerator, and not just as a facade to calm Kuroko & co...

This series, and the last few episodes in particular, are so far removed from the atmosphere that Railgun season 1 had, it's hard to believe that this is the same continuity, the same universe, the same Mikoto Misaka. It will never be the same again, but I wish that at least, going into the future, things will turn out alright...

Railgun S episode 15 

Damn that Episode was Level 6!!  Accelerator VS Touma - the best fight i've Seen in a while.  Like i thought, touma is the first one who can beat the crap of the accelerator and he did a good job. Its not like he won, i mean he almost died and the fight isn't even over yet.  The Accelerator showed what he is able to do and  how huge the difference between him and all the other espers is.

Misaka Mikoto isn't misaka mikoto anymore. Her fear of the Accelerator is so great that 

it prevented her to stop touma. She knows it. And she knows that she has no chance against the accelerator. I don't want to know how she felt at the Moment when touma stoped moving. 

I think i could say it was the best Episode of the to aru series yet.

Edited by alphaheiti

Railgun S episode 15:

FUCK YOU, ACCELERATOR! How's that, huh? Getting beaten up by a Level 0 and feeling actual pain for the first time in what's probably been ages? The "puppets" you've been killing left and right now wanting and trying to stop you, the experiment be damned - and almost 10000 of them? HOW'S THAT?

...damn, this episode had me on the edge of my seat. The fight and the action, the visuals, the use of the soundtrack, of course moments like when Accelerator realized he's been hit and is bleeding (just awesome!), or when Mikoto was begging for MISAKA's help even though she knew that she's almost dead and then MISAKA still being alive and responding (really powerful emotionally)... it's just, wow.

But for fuck's sake, did they have to make the episode end in such a goddamn cliffhanger?! DAMN YOU, J.C. STAFF!

I know Ronin Warriors is as cheesy as it gets in English, I have hope that the original Japanese dialogue is not as bad, I thought the show was awesome when I was 10yrs old and it showed on Toonami.

Then again I'm that guy who would watch a Power Rangers movie if they some how made it with with good effects, and more thought out story/dialogue.... less corny embarrassing "Auughhrrrrrr" or "AAUUGHHHH!!!!" sounds lol 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.