General anime/manga/LN thread

xdaniel

Desert Punk is definitely one to add to the list. The ending isn't the best, though it isn't bad. When I first started watching it I dropped after about 10mins in, but I got bored one day and picked it back, and when I did I watched the whole series in about two days.

• Like 1

Lol, that sounds like me ^.^ I'd have finished Fairy Tail last week if I had a laptop XD

When I get into something, I watch/read it none stop, I read all current Naruto chapters in a week or so (and that's like, 650 or something) so yeah, I'm a huge Otaku :P

• Like 1

As i finished Mirai Nikki, Toradora, Full metal panic and Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai 1(Oreimo) this week, i´ve started with a few new animes. One of them is Shingeki no Kyojin. I have to say it looks interesting and the animations are very beatuiful. I´ve also planned to rewatch Kanon 2006 but i´m afraid to get depressed again (like i was after i rewatched Clannad afterstory^^) but it is VERY good (not as good and sad as Clannad but still one of my favourits)

Anyways... I hate it to wait for new episodes of Oreimo season 2 and Shingeki no Kyojin...I hope it's worth all the waiting^^

As i finished Mirai Nikki, Toradora, Full metal panic and Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai 1(Oreimo) this week, i´ve started with a few new animes. One of them is Shingeki no Kyojin. I have to say it looks interesting and the animations are very beatuiful. I´ve also planned to rewatch Kanon 2006 but i´m afraid to get depressed again (like i was after i rewatched Clannad afterstory^^) but it is VERY good (not as good and sad as Clannad but still one of my favourits)

Anyways... I hate it to wait for new episodes of Oreimo season 2 and Shingeki no Kyojin...I hope it's worth all the waiting^^

Dude, that depression shows how much it was worth it :D.

the last 10 episodes of Clannad afterstory (not clannad) were very hard for me..i cried A LOT^^. But it wasn´t ONLY sad, it was very happy and beautiful between the sad scenes. For me, it is the best anime i´ve watched so far  and i´ve watched ~50 different animes series, OVA´s and movies in the past 5 months ( my anisearch account says i watched exactly 4 weeks and 5 hours and 10 minutes non stop^^).

I think i could say Clannad + Afterstory changed my life and how i see "a life" a bit. The anime showed me how beautiful and terrible a life can be.  I recommend everyone to see it. 

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 5:

Quoting myself: "Knew what was gonna happen and how, still... ugh. At least that one day was a nice one... until 9pm. Goodbye, 9982 #railgun"

...and the episode just had to end at the exact same point volume 4 of the manga does, the latest volume I have.

I´m watching to aru kagaku no railgun right now and J.C.STAFF made (again) an awesome anime, even if they´re a few things i don´t like. The first opening is just amazing and i love almost every character. I'm curious how awesome railgun S will be^^ I´ll also start with Shakugan no Shana again this or next weeks. The animations in the first season are bad...too bad for the anime.that was one of shows i started a while ago but didn´t felt like watching it till the end...but now i´ll give it a try^^

Finally got to watching Oreimo S2 episode 6... Uh, while I don't hate any of the characters, I really dislike Kirino. Even more than Ayase, actually, who I couldn't stand at all initially. In fact, if Ayase toned down the yandere part of her personality somewhat - which can be funny, but not likeable -, I now think she'd be a nice girl... I'm still on the Kuroneko Shironeko ship, tho! :D

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S episode 1 - if the 2. season of J.C.STAFF´s Toaru Majutsu no Index spinnoff keep the feeling of the 1. episode, i´m pretty sure it will be (one of) the best anime this year. The animations were, unusual for J.C, just awesome. They kept the brilliant soundtrack of the first season and i like the new opening almost as much as the first opening of season 1 (and that means a lot :D).

Oreimo S2 episode 7

Finally.... Kuroneko and kyousuke; this is what I wanted from the beginning and now it finally happened. I'm curious how kirino will react if she finds it out (or does she already know it??^^) i can´t wait for the next episode :D

• Like 1

i´ve just finished To aru kagaku no railgun S episode 6 and... Damn it is awesome!!! i actually liked these 6 episode more than the whole first season ( which also was great). I think the anime has grown up a bit in season 2; more fight scenes, brutality etc. but not too much. just as much to improve it.

it is still funny; the Characters are still gorgeous; the soundtrack is still great/unique;  the story and especially the animations are in my opinion much better better than in season 1.

Thats what i call a perfect sequel.

Oreimo S2 episode 7

Finally.... Kuroneko and kyousuke; this is what I wanted from the beginning and now it finally happened. I'm curious how kirino will react if she finds it out (or does she already know it??^^) i can´t wait for the next episode :D

All I can say... or pretty much all I could think of while watching the episode: KYAAAAA!!!!! <3

Kuroneko rolling around hugging that pillow! That "Ruri-nee is broken!" from her sister XD ...man, I wish I was the pillow!! <3

...this is "out of character" for me, isn't it? But I don't care!

• Like 1

Posted Image

damn...this is so true ;D at first, i didn´t wanted to watch it but everyone is talking about this anime so i decided to look at it. A great decision^^

i just watched the first 6 episodes and i´m pretty sure it´ll be the best anime this year . That show isn´t just a "normal anime", they are no moe characters or much funny stuff; it is just soooo well made and the animations are the best i´ve ever seen in anime. 

I really was speechless a few times while watching it and maybe a little bit shocked too because things happen that i never expected.

Even if i usually like funny anime more  than serious.. Shingeki no Kyojin is a must watch for everyone! i can promise you, if you´ll watch 6 episodes you can´t say it is that it isn´t awesome^^

• 2 weeks later...

Railgun Episode 8 - well, that was freakin awesome!!! ;D

Frenda vs Misaka was just epic. i knew that railgun is good....but that good? the answer clearly is yes. even when it was hopeless, she never gave up in a badass way. she could beat the shit out of that bi*** but she was spared ( for now )

i´m really exited for the next episode^^

Oreimo Episode 9 - that was what i´ve been waiting for!

Finally...Kiriono´s true feelings.... I thought that she´s not such a bad sister as it seems, and i was right^^  she is actually just like her brother.  :D

and kuroneko in a cat-maid cosplay....EPICNESS LEVEL âˆž

Shingeki no Kyojin episode 9 - OMFG that series is gonna kill me.....because of the last minute of every episode. i´ve never seen such an exciting anime! it is on the best way to kick clannad afterstory from nuber 1 of my favourite animes.

i´m not gonna spoil around this time...just watch it yourself! ;D 

Oreimo episodes 8 and 9...

I am liking Kirino more now... still not very much, but it's a start. It just doesn't make up for one and a half seasons of her bitching around.

Sad at the ending of Kuroneko's and Kyousuke's relationship... however, the way she planned all this out really shows how much she cares about her friends and their well-being... God, I love her :(

• 3 weeks later...

Gah... I'm behind on several shows, yet the next season is about to start!

Interested in...

• Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-Bu (? episodes, July 4th)
  • Servant x Service (? episodes, July 4th)
  • Monogatari Series: Second Season (2-cour so ~24 episodes, July 6th)
  • Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!: Kirameki no… Slapstick Noel (OVA/new episode, July 19th) (watched June 25th, wherever the raw for the subs came from :))
  • Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!: Depth of Field – Ai to Nikushimi Gekijou OVA (July 19th)

...and possibly one or two more. Not to mention the Madoka Magica movies 1 and 2, although the 3rd one is what I'm most looking forward to, seeing how the first two are basically the TV series remade.

Edited by xdaniel

This weeks anime were sort of...disappointed. Railgun S 11 was a copy-paste from to aru majutsu no index and nothing really happened in shingeki no kyoujin episode 12... the best this week was actually Oreimo episode 12  :P 

i don´t really think he meant kuroneko with the sentence " there's someone else i love". I have the feeling that he was talking about manami^^

I also started Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. its funny with cool (but not unusual) Characters. A typical J.C.STAFF anime. 

its looks interesting, but i´m more exited about the Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai OVA^^ i´m watching it right now!!

i just watched it and as i thought...it made a big smile on my face :D

that kiss between shinka and sanae made me loose my mind^^ drunk rikka and sanae was also hilarious^^

now i´m even more exited for the movie and the 2. season :)

Edited by alphaheiti
  • Like 1

Oreimo S2 episodes 11 and 12:

...why is it that I'm kinda disliking Kirino and Kyousuke by this point? Oh, and the author too, for apparently really going for the incest end! What the hell?

Really, everyone's a "better" character than those two. Everyone's more likeable than Kirino, and everyone's less... stupid? Unreasonable? Weird? Anyway, less whatever than Kyousuke. Hell, I even prefer the characters that didn't get much of a chance for development during both seasons, like Manami and Kanako!

...man, this show is frustrating...

(And oh god, despite my previously stated indifference to Ayase... that rejection... that "Goodbye, Onii-san". Ouch. Poor Ayase :()

I just started again with the Clannad visual Novel and daaammn..it is so freaking complex :D i mean it has a playing time of like 300 hours  It is almost impossible for a "normal persion" to get all conversation^^ every single decision you make will impact the whole future progress of the "game".

I think  i like it even better than the anime...don't  get me wrong, I LOVE the anime...its still my favourite anime but it covers only estmated 5 percent of the game. 

I also got the Kanon and  Higurashi VN´s but i don´t feel like playing them for now; even 1 VN is too much for me^^

OFF TOPIC:
does visual Novels count to anime? i think its practically the same tho^^

Watched the Chuunibyou OVA~!

Dekomori was hilarious! And Isshiki had no chance with Kumin - as usual :P  Not to mention, KYAAA! Rikka! <3

...man, I dunno what to say, besides that I can't wait for the second season! :D

EDIT: OMG I found something amazing again in the depths of my HDDs:

*sings*

Leb deinen Traum, denn er wird wahr; geh deinen Weg, stelle dich der Gefahr!

Alles was wichtig ist, wirst du erkennen wenn die Zeit gekommen ist!

Ja, greif nach den Sternen, du bist bereit; glaub an dich, bald ist es soweit!

Wir werden bei dir sein, sei bereit!

Posted Image

Downloaded those years ago somewhere - the full first season of Digimon, as broadcast on RTL2! :D

Edited by xdaniel
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.