General anime/manga/LN thread

xdaniel

Started watching The Devil is a Part Timer and I was hooked on the first episode.

[...]

My only complaint is that it's only 13 episodes long, and the anime didn't have a proper ending. Still it's definitely worth watching

Good choice and damn right. We need a second season of this show! <3

One thing that, in my mind, sticks out about it is how expressive the characters were, like facial expressions and stuff, in particular Maou and Emi for that first point. It's been great overall, it's really charming, but that comes to mind first when I think about the show. Like, that and "Katsu-doom" (or however the internet decided to spell this), and a few other quotes and stuff XD

Anyway, for those who haven't seen it, the post for episode 1 on Random Curiosity.

• Like 1

I just caught up with Inari Konkon Koi Iroha. It's a sweet little show even just 4 episodes in it plucks at those tender heart strings. The music is very nice and relaxing. Perfect for that type of show. I'll diffenity follow this show to the end. I really seem to like these heart warming, but small types of anime.

I've completed a few ainmes since leaving:

1. Trigun (great anime, and incredibly sad near the end. will post spoiler with video below)
  2. Rosario + Vampire (loved it to bits, so sad there will not be a season 3. and yes, I know I can read the manga, but doing mangas just aren't my thing at all)
  3. Okami-San and Her Seven Companions (stumbled across it on Netflix, thought "why the hell not?" and watched it. surprisingly great, and I am bummed that there are no plans for a second season)
  4. Squid Girl (eh... yeah, uh, I mean, it was a nice slice of life, and was definitely a guilty pleasure of mine for the short time it took me to finish it, but I feel weird about watching it for some reason)
  5. Heaven's Lost Property (loved it, loved it a lot. great and hilarious anime, and from what I can tell, there will be a third season. excited!)

That's all, I think.

Sad Trigun spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMT1Ig38Buc

God, that was incredibly sad! Wolfwood was, quite honestly, my favorite character, and the way he died was just... so saaaaad. ;-;
Died with regrets, died with unfinished business, died when he just wanted to be with his friends. ;-;

Hug me. I need hug.

• Squid Girl (eh... yeah, uh, I mean, it was a nice slice of life, and was definitely a guilty pleasure of mine for the short time it took me to finish it, but I feel weird about watching it for some reason)
  • Heaven's Lost Property (loved it, loved it a lot. great and hilarious anime, and from what I can tell, there will be a third season. excited!)

That's an interesting reversal, I'm thinking "guilty pleasure" more about the latter than the former - for example, Tomoki's a total and open pervert, while the closest in Ika Musume/Squid Girl would be Sanae, and she's behaving... uh, sort of, anyway... Actually, maybe they aren't that different... Yeah, forget I said anything, Sanae's probably just as perverted towards Ika <.<

Anyway, that aside...

Log Horizon episode 19:

Woah... this was an all-around great episode. On one hand, the main battle VS the goblin army, with Krusty and Shiroe leading the adventurers - Krusty on the battlefield, Shiroe in the background -, looks like an intense fight of quite a scale... but on the other hand, I'm actually more interested in the newbie's defense of Choushi, especially with the growth of Minori, Serara and co. as adventurers, as characters. I mean, Minori is well on the way to becoming the next Shiroe; she's learned a lot from him regarding tactics and strategy, and even more important, she's able to translate that knowledge into battle. We've finally found out where Shiroe's "always look thirty seconds ahead" line came from, too, as used in the episode preview for the first few episodes: his ability to look thirty seconds ahead in battle, to know where any given battle will head just based on the numbers and other information available.

That said, there's another reason why I'm more interested in the newbie's battle... the "adventurer" Rudy's fate. As it's been hinted at multiple times, he's not actually an adventurer, he's one of the People of the Land - and what was not hinted at (or I don't think it has been), Isuzu actually knew what he was, and he asked her to keep it a secret from the others. And as he's not an adventurer... none of their resurrection or recovery spells had any effect after he died. This is one of the fundamental differences between them and the People of the Land... once an adventurer dies, they resurrect automatically - although with certain, well, "side effects" as Shiroe and Akatsuki found out from that Regan guy -, but once one of them dies, they're dead.

With Minori having called Shiroe at the end, I wonder if he'll be able to save Rudy - if he'll be able to "change the world", as the preview now states.

• Like 1

Rosario + Vampire (loved it to bits, so sad there will not be a season 3. and yes, I know I can read the manga, but doing mangas just aren't my thing at all)

Dude, definately read the manga, it's soooooooooo much better than the anime. I actually didn't even give the second season a chance because of it.

Maybe it's Ika's tentacles, even though they're pretty much just her hair? Because usually tentacles are... something to feel weird about. I don't mind them as such, actually, but they are part of that stereotypical image of anime around some parts.

That totaly cracked me up XD

• Like 1

Maybe it's Ika's tentacles, even though they're pretty much just her hair? Because usually tentacles are... something to feel weird about. I don't mind them as such, actually, but they are part of that stereotypical image of anime around some parts.

Nah, it wasn't that. Still not sure why.

Dude, definately read the manga, it's soooooooooo much better than the anime. I actually didn't even give the second season a chance because of it.

Eh, I'm more of an audio-visual kind of guy, rather than just visual. Mangas just don't do it for me.

Alright! Been watching the Monogatari series and I'm almost done with season 2. Gotta say, that's one heck of a good show. The art style is also great.

aww yar. Awesome show. Cant wait for a final season!

I'm currently watching this season: Noragami, Magi S2, inari konkon koi iroha, Golden Time, and of course Hunter x Hunter though its been kinda slow as of late.

I´ve been watching Steins;Gate all day and i don´t regret a second ;D 

Go watch it! now!

~El.Psy.Congroo~

but seriously, Steins;Gate was an anime that i dropped after the first episodes because i thought the "mad scientist" Hououin Kyouma is a terrible Main Charactar.

I´ve thought Steins;Gate isn´t an outstanding anime. It looked stupid and not even funny. It looked like they tried to make a good anime but failed.

However...I´ve never been so wrong. It kicked Kanon 2006 out of my top 5 :D

• Like 1

Man... for the life of me I can't think of the name of this one anime series. It used to be on Netflix and may still be.

Basically the show is a slice of life anime about an older delinquent teen who's possibly been held back a few years in school. He see's himself as a total badass, or so the first episode suggest. He draws manga, and has had a huge crush on this one girl for years, but he can never seem to bring himself to tell her that he likes her. The main character is always wearing sunglasses and has a beardish type thing going on. Also the girl he likes has a crush on a nerdy classmate, but if I remember the classmate isn't interested. The anime is freaking hilarious I wish I could remember the name, it's one of the few that I actually prefer the English dub for.

There's one scene where it shows some parts of his manga he's written as if it were anime, and it's about him fighting the nerdy guy, the girl likes. It totally does a Dragon Ball reference where he goes super sayain xD

Another one of my favorite scenes was where they were all at the beach and a blonde girl who ends up secretly having a crush on him afterwards walks in on the main character while he is changing and sees him naked. He ends up freaking out in a panic, to stop her from screaming so everyone doesn't think he's a pervert, and rushes behind her grabs her hands behind her back and covers her mouth to tell her to be quite. Then realizes that he only made things worse lol. A later episode shows her thinking of how sculpted his body was or something like that xD

Well if someone can provide the name of that I would definitely suggest watching the english dub.

Another Anime I would suggest is shuffle, but I've said enough for one post and won't bother to describe it myself too much. If you like certain anime comedy's where all the highschool girls are after one guy then that is one that brings something fresh, and enjoyable to the table. It's funny, and it's got some serious drama in the later episodes, and gets unexpectedly sad towards the end.

• Like 1

Heavy: That description makes me think of School Rumble - sunglasses and beard sounds like Harima, the girl he's got a crush on would be Tenma, who does have a crush on some other classmate if I remember right...

Don't remember the details all that well, been a while since I've started to read the manga. I really should get some more volumes of it, I'm only up to #3...

You're right on! that's it. I love that anime, though the  5-10 episodes were weird, and the story did an entire flip, and were kinda pointless. I wasn't satisfied with the ending, but still.

Here's the first episode, which really hooked me to begin with. I normally give anime's a short chance, if the first episode doesn't really catch my interest within 10-15 mins then I don't even bother watching the show anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6K_1Yz8EJo

• 2 weeks later...

Just dumping assorted reaction tweets of mine from the last ca. 2 weeks here~

"One awesome episode. Shiroe's the "Incubator in Glasses", Isuzu X Rudy ftw, & many little things... sooo worth staying up for #loghorizon 20"

"D-Frag has the exact kind of ridiculousness I love. Other shows are crazy too, but don't click with me the way this does... #dfrag 06+07"

"A lot of chocolate - two freaking "Leaning Towers of Choco"! -, a lot of hnnng~ & a lot of NESSIE!!!! >.< #mikakunin 06"

"The way this show just casually drops big revelations... I like it. In fact, I like a whole damn lot about this show <3 #mikakunin 07"

"Gah, my heart!! Th-the HNNNGG!! SQUEE!! I-I can't...!! OMG RIKKA!! <3 #chu2koi 2 ep06"

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished White Album 2. Oh man what a ride that was. I rarely give out a solid 10/10 in anime, but when I come across such shows I can really see it. The characters (even the protagonist) were really fleshed out and very likable. Alot of romantic anime get wrong is the realistic scenario, this show doesn't at all. Nothing is really "Anime" like in this show (no weird chibi moments or odd faces when a comical moment happens). I simply cannot recommended this show more if your a romance fan (I'm not and I loved every single minute of it!).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.