Official Xbox One Thread

Conker

Take it from a guy who owns all of the consoles, yet has never even (literally) touched his PS3 because he prefers this 360 and Wii. I am ready to fully commit myself to the WiiU and PS4. The PS4 is basically the Xbox One without all the fucking bullshit. The NFL deal (as much as I love football, Roger Goodell cares about nothing more than lining his pocket with money) is probably just going to cost more money n top of the console. And I'm sorry, but I don't think there are any exclusives to XBox that I honestly care about. Halo, maybe? They also get released on PC after some time, so I can wait for Halo 5.

I'm sorry, but the XBox is nothing more than a home entertainment system akin to that of the Apple TV (which I own and adore) with a disc drive that can play Blu Ray (got one already). It also just so happens to play video games as well. I'm not spending 400+ on a thing that I already literally own. Not to mention, if you get an Apple TV and a Blu Ray player, I can almost guarantee it will be loads cheaper than the XBox Done.

• Like 2

I also own almost every console, but never wanted to own a PS3/4. It even took me a long while to come around to getting a 360, and that was only because a great Craigslist deal came along, and there were a lot of games I wanted to try on the console.

I enjoy the backwards capability of the WiiU on the Wii games...but it kind of sucks in that regard because you have to go to ANOTHER menu to even play them, because it's basically emulating the Wii. Slightly annoying, but my old Wii stopped reading discs about a week before WiiU came out, so I don't have much of a choice. I still play my gamecube games in my actual GC, and I have no problem with that, mainly because I also use the gameboy player a lot.

As for the Xbox One, this sorta sums it up for me and why I will not get one:

Features.jpg

• Like 1

This is what a person named Gligar13Vids said on his tumblr: 

lol gamers

I love how everyone is complaning about the used game block, then talks about how their moving to Steam/the others.

What about that Ouya or Steam box? Oh wait, no used games and online only too. Had the Xbox One had 0 disc drive, nobody would be complaning.

I can understand lack of games, but remember, it’s still getting more 3rd party support then the WiiU.

I can't help but agree with him.

Yo agree with him? So, does that mean you have no idea what you're talking about, too? Obviously.

• Consoles are EXPECTED to be different than Steam in that regard, because they have a VERY prominent used games market.
  • OUYA is not always-online. Steam isn't always-online. Also, no shit OUYA doesn't have used games; it's digital distribution and you can install any game available easily with an APK file.
  • It might as well NOT have a disc drive, since it requires us to install EVERY GAME. And even if it didn't, it would add on to the complaints, because then people wouldn't be able to watch their DVDs and Blurays. This is an undeniable fact.
  • The Wii U isn't getting much 3rd party support because the industry is so OBSESSED WITH GRAPHICS, and most of it is giving the Wii U the shaft because, *gasp*, it can't display something in super-duper high polygon counts! Not to mention it can't have all of those beeeeautiful new shaders.

Feel free to show this to your friend on tumblr, as he obviously doesn't know his stuff. Shame on you for agreeing with him; bad dog, get off of my couch!

1. @2, Steam is always online, do you not know of it's DRM?

2. @3, That "fact" is an assumption.

3. @4, The Wii U isn't getting 3rd party support because of it's hardware, the fact it has a gimmick, and not because the industry is "obsessed" with graphics.  Why do people make that assumption when it's clearly not true? Only the CoD fanboys care about that shit, that's probably 3% of the internet, even less in the gaming industry. 

4. Gligar isn't my friend, I just like what he says. And I'm not going to make a fucking tumblr account just because a person on the internet said to. And yes, shame on me for agreeing with him, when he clearly knows what he's talking about, since he has experience from things like Steam (not the Wii U though). Yes yes, shame on me. How dare I have an opinion? 

1001th:
Go unplug your internet and launch a Steam game. It works. There is no always-online there. Seriously, have you ever tried running a Steam game with no internet? You can do it, no problem. OUYA is not always-online, either. Oh, and it's because of WEAK HARDWARE, YOU SAY? BOY, sure doesn't have anything to do with graphics, because we all know that better hardware = better gameplay in this day and-- oh wait, we're already able to achieve all we can ever, ever do gameplay-wise since the release of the PS3, 360, and Wii U(we're at that point where better hardware will do jack to improve gameplay). So yeah, it mist be the tablet controller, it's a gim-- WAIT, what's Kinect again? Oh, right! A gimmick, of course. Whoa, PS Eye is a gimmick, too? I never knew.

I wonder why they're getting such great third party support... hrm, yeah, because they can make things prettier. That's the only reason why. Oh, and EA is having a bitchfit over not being allowed to contaminate the Wii U with Origin.

Also, I was fucking around with you; I thought the joke I made at the end would have given that away(because I'm totally going to tell someone I hardly fucking know, or have no intentions of knowing better, that I am ashamed of them. TOTALLY also going to tell them they're a dog that needs off of my couch, because that's what people say when they're super serious). Not only that, I was responding to your quote from the (ignorant) guy you follow in tumblr, so most of that damn reply wasn't even directed at you.

So next time please analyze who the reply was directed to before you decide to get upset with me, and try to identify the blatantly obvious joke slapped on the end of the post, and not take it seriously.

Sent from my cell phone, because ancient satellites from across the cosmic web are lame.
  • Like 2

If Microsoft screws it up at E3, they will be in big trouble.

They're already in deep shit that they really have no way out of. Anything at E3 would just maybe postpone their death a few months.

I agree, people are saying wait for E3, what is there to wait for? All we are going to see is games, E3 isn't going to change the fact that the console requires a connection once every 24 hours and has used game fees.

I remeber a time when all we had only two new home consoles made available to us. The N64 and PSone. Dreamcast did not come out until 1999 for everwhere, 98 for Japan. The PSone, or Playstation as it was first called was out for the longest time first. I say we forget about Xbox, they killed themselves, all we can do is warn fellow gamers from wasting money. The death of Xbox will bring even more games to company's we've loved for generations, Playstation, and Nintendo. I can see a new console coming out maybe three, or four years down the line as well. If not then towards the end of the newer gen consoles life time.

As for gimicks.. those "Gimicks" have produced good games. Who here thought it was badass to actually control Link's sword by hand movement? What about Red Steel 2 for Wii? Wii Sports, Sin and Punishment: Star Succesor. These "gimicks" are just not being used to their full potential. I would have actually liked to see an eight ball pool game for wii. I don't know how good, or bad that Dragon ball Z game was for Kinect, but I know it could be really awesome. Either way Xbox is dead, and other consoles will get even more games instead. The days of Exclusive Xbox games will only be a memory a little while after Xbox one's release.

• Like 2

I honestly enjoy the WiiU. I don't really get some people's dislike for it, I recognize it's a gimmick, but it's still fun. When games do eventually come out for it (yeah, it's taken a while >_>) I think it'll be fine. I don't regret my purchase of it at all, I enjoy the games I do have, as well as all the interesting features like Miiverse, netflix, and I really enjoy youtube on the big screen, especially when I need some background noise from my favorite youtubers.

I don't know if Xbox is "dead" per say, but I don't see it doing very well. There's always going to be SOME idiot fanboy out there who gets one, and then there's the stupid people who won't know what they're getting because they don't read up anything on it. There's probably some kid out there already bugging his parents for one, because kids won't understand the ramifications of what the system has shown off, and the parents won't care enough to look into it.

I remeber a time when all we had only two new home consoles made available to us. The N64 and PSone. Dreamcast did not come out until 1999 for everwhere, 98 for Japan.

Eh, the SEGA Saturn was out at the same time as them, so it was three. Anyways, I agree with the other points in your post; "gimmicks" can be great. Unless it's Kinect... so horrible.

• Like 1

I remeber a time when all we had only two new home consoles made available to us. The N64 and PSone. Dreamcast did not come out until 1999 for everwhere, 98 for Japan.

Eh, the SEGA Saturn was out at the same time as them, so it was three. Anyways, I agree with the other points in your post; "gimmicks" can be great. Unless it's Kinect... so horrible.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the saturn. Mostly because I never owned one, but I shall some day. I haven't reseached Kinect that much so I can't really say, but I'd assume your statement is right because I haven't heard anyone talking about how good it is... well other than middle aged parents who don't generally play video games.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the saturn. Mostly because I never owned one, but I shall some day.

If this generation is going to turn out as badly as I fear it might, the Saturn is one of the things I'll be spending more time with. It's a great system with a bunch of great games, many of which I still don't have yet. Probably the last true "2D console" as well, when mostly everyone else was going OMG THREE-D! In fact: it supports 2D background layers and such in hardware, like SNES, MD, etc. before, while AFAIK every console afterwards, including PSX and N64, just draw 2D elements using their 3D hardware.

• Like 1

If Microsoft screws it up at E3, they will be in big trouble.

They're already in deep shit that they really have no way out of. Anything at E3 would just maybe postpone their death a few months.

Microsoft can afford to fail, which is probably why they took so many risks with this console.

Also:

Posted Image

• Like 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.