Official Xbox One Thread

Conker

"The latest rumors surrounding the Xbox One are that the demos that Microsoft allowed people to play on at E3 were not running on an Xbox One, but instead running on high-end PCs with Titan graphics cards. 

If this is the case, they were running the games on a system that is around 3x faster than the Xbox One.

These rumors are backed up by images that clearly show a high-end desktop under the displays of the Xbox One stands at E3."
Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Like 3

That's likely a dev kit in those images, since there'd be little 'finished' content available at this stage I would have thought. Besides, they'd need to have accounts for all the boxes and have them all connected to the internet for them to work if they were the retail consoles :P

I was listening to a video that brought up a good point; you're essentially only renting the XBox One, unless they keep their servers up forever or release a firmware that makes it so you don't have to have the internet check. Otherwise, the games will one day not work anymore, as well as everything else, as soon as the servers are down.

I went into Gamestop at the mall today to get a cover for Josh's 3DS XL, and I stood there and listened to the employee prattle on forever about the Xbox One and how it was so awesome. He said nothing about PS4 or the crap that goes with the X1, he even told the customer he was talking to that he was an Xbox fan primarily, so he's a bit biased. I therefore decided to pretend I wanted to buy a WiiU, and said that I was interested in buying it and I had heard about that 24-hour check-in with the X1. This is exactly the conversation that went on:

Employee: "Oh, there's no need to worry about that, I mean, everything is connected today."

Me: "I guess, it still makes me nervous though, but I like Nintendo, the WiiU looks pretty cool I think. I was interested in getting that so I don't have to pay for online or worry about being connected to the internet."

Employee: "There really aren't any games for the WiiU, maybe like, two."

Me: "Well, there's a lot of games I'm pretty interested in, I think the console looks great."

Employee: "I don't think Nintendo is going to win with home consoles, Sony and Microsoft is where it's at. MS and Sony both LOVE us, so we're trying to give them as much support, and we'll be a retailer that'll be able to sell the used games too, I mean, we're so big, it's not going to hurt us at all. Nintendo hates us, so no surprise their console isn't doing very well."

Me: "Hmm. Guess we'll have to see what happens then."

I. Was. Stunned.

Utterly disgusted in this employee. He just had a customer come up to him and express interest in buying the WiiU, and he basically said there was no point. He didn't mention about the cool games coming out for it soon, nor the cool games that are already out (there ARE a few that I own, just because there aren't a lot doesn't mean it sucks).

I almost called the store when I got home and complained about him. THIS is how Microsoft is going to get sales. By biased employees. No matter what your biased, you sell your material in your store, you don't put anything down unless it legitimately deserves it, and even then, you merely hint at it, you don't come right out and say it.

• Like 5

*whole bunch of rubbish from GS employee*

I WOULD have complained. I see a lot more professionalism in our EB Games stores from staff who have no idea about games at all. Personally, I'm trying to get a job at one of the EB Games stores, because I'm always in there, I know the staff, and I'm repeatedly helping customers by explaining about the details of game consoles, and game information that they may or may not know.

While I do intend to (if I have the money) get an XB1, I still haven't put down the other consoles. I REALLY want a Wii U, and Final Fantasy XV is reason enough for me to want a PS4. So... yeah.

@giadrosich: Don't let it get to you too much. He just seems like a dipshit Xbot who happens to have a job in a game store. To play devil's advocate, consider that GameStop is in the business of selling games and consoles, so naturally they don't want employees seen shit-talking the big MS to customers on company time, due to fear of scaring away sales of a console that isn't even out yet... especially if a Microsoft/GameStop partnership emerges for the XBone.

Granted, that's still not a good excuse for trying to drive off a customer's interest in the WiiU ('cuz that's still potential profit for GS regardless of brand name), and I still think his store deserved a phone call considering the circumstances.

I went into Gamestop at the mall today to get a cover for Josh's 3DS XL, and I stood there and listened to the employee prattle on forever about the Xbox One and how it was so awesome. He said nothing about PS4 or the crap that goes with the X1, he even told the customer he was talking to that he was an Xbox fan primarily, so he's a bit biased. I therefore decided to pretend I wanted to buy a WiiU, and said that I was interested in buying it and I had heard about that 24-hour check-in with the X1. This is exactly the conversation that went on:

Employee: "Oh, there's no need to worry about that, I mean, everything is connected today."

Me: "I guess, it still makes me nervous though, but I like Nintendo, the WiiU looks pretty cool I think. I was interested in getting that so I don't have to pay for online or worry about being connected to the internet."

Employee: "There really aren't any games for the WiiU, maybe like, two."

Me: "Well, there's a lot of games I'm pretty interested in, I think the console looks great."

Employee: "I don't think Nintendo is going to win with home consoles, Sony and Microsoft is where it's at. MS and Sony both LOVE us, so we're trying to give them as much support, and we'll be a retailer that'll be able to sell the used games too, I mean, we're so big, it's not going to hurt us at all. Nintendo hates us, so no surprise their console isn't doing very well."

Me: "Hmm. Guess we'll have to see what happens then."

I. Was. Stunned.

Utterly disgusted in this employee. He just had a customer come up to him and express interest in buying the WiiU, and he basically said there was no point. He didn't mention about the cool games coming out for it soon, nor the cool games that are already out (there ARE a few that I own, just because there aren't a lot doesn't mean it sucks).

I almost called the store when I got home and complained about him. THIS is how Microsoft is going to get sales. By biased employees. No matter what your biased, you sell your material in your store, you don't put anything down unless it legitimately deserves it, and even then, you merely hint at it, you don't come right out and say it.

I would go to that store, throw a book at him, and tell him to read the fifth chapter of that very book. Which one?

Posted Image

This one.

• Like 1

Too late, I think. They showed their true colors by announcing the console with all of these restrictions, and that was enough to turn a huge number of people away beyond the point of return. Even if they pull a complete 180, I have a feeling most people won't be suckered in by it. There's also still the issue of the relatively prohibitive price tag and the (almost) always-on Kinect.

• Like 3

From the website:

"You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world."

NO. SHIT.

It's almost like when we buy something, we OWN it and should be able to do anything we want to with it!

Now we get to sit back and watch them scrape the egg off their face. *grins and grabs popcorn*

As said above though, it's almost too little too late. The company has expressed their opinions of what people want/need, and it's very concerning not only as a gamer, but as a consumer as well. It sort of steps on the idea of ownership and what rights you have with the items you own.

EDIT: Plus, instead of Xbone, I vote we call it X180 now.

Plus:

"We've been closely listening to consumer feedback."

"We've been closely watching preorder numbers." would probably be more accurate.

• Like 1

Damn, that console needed to fail, for the good of the future gaming community. Microsoft will continue pumping out bad shooters and their fan base will continue to lap it up. 

There's still the problem with the Kinect though. Having an always on camera is more than enough from keeping me away from the thing, even if they released extremely good games, even if they released... Banjo Threeie. 

The price point is still stupidly high, especially considering the size of the console, I'm guessing the size of it is due to having cheap third party components that weren't built for it (the inside looked cheap at a glance as well).

Oh well, this and Sim City should show developers what happens when they push DRM on us.

• Like 1

id just like to play devils advocate here and say (hopefully without enticing a whole flame war on this here site)that the DRM wasn't ment to screw over customers, and didn't require gold to do the check.I agree that MS went a bit too far by requiring the daily DRM check, BUT its not AS bad AS EA's DRM check on newer origin games, where it will do the DRM check every 15-20 minutes.DRM checks SHOULD be every 2 weeks because if you are trying to prevent piracy, then why do something that could blow back in your face so fast, that you don't know from what asshole it blew from? They should have taken Valve's STEAM as a example of the best way to implement DRM, the success story of DRM is Steam, the place where 70% of all PC games are sold on, and where you find the happiest gamers, who pay very little for their games when they are on sale (which stuff is on sale EVERY DAY)Back to MS, other than the over excessiveness of their Previous DRM policy, id say its looking to be a pretty good console, MS has announced free xbox live GOLD, that would be worth the $100 extra you paid for the console (which is equivelant to about 26 months of GOLD status). and hell, remember back when the PS3 came out?? that cost like $600, but people still bought it and loved it.lastly, id like to say when I saw E3, I wasn't impressed with sony's little war (or for lack of a better term, flamming). it seemed a little childish, but it was their only way to make ppl forget that you will now have to pay for multiplayer, and this helped them gain more money (in which sony's last few quarters were a tad too low in their profit margins (Hence, they have backed out of the optical data market, ie CD, DVD and bluray disks, readers, burners and software/certification)). other than that, they showed a handful of games, didn't really explain anything about them in much detail, and all the really good ones are available on PC (which is my preferred platform for the moment) and xbox one. Sonys exclusives didn't seem as impressive and didn't leave as strong of an impact to me as Microsoft's exclusive line up.

also arguing about specs of the console seem meaningless.remember back in the 90's how they had an all out graphical capability war? and how ppl realized graphics are not everything, because a console like the jaguar with better GFX had shitty games because developers didn't know how to utilize it.

all I see sony doing is pushing numbers, sure sony is proud of their off the shelf parts, but supposedly the developers for the xbox one know how to utilize it, and the tech developers tweaked all the hardware for full optimization.

also isn't it interesting how the xbox ones cloud computing can track asteroids in space if you programmed it to? sure the price is a bit higher, but that's because of the Kinect. ill still buy an xbox one, BUT I will play any cross platform games or non exclusives on PC when I can. (I didn't spend 1.5K on building a gaming PC for nothing...)now before you call me a Microsoft/xbox fanboy, consider this; I as a gamer, solely care about what games are good, what console I can get it on, and lastly what console has more games that I as an individual would like to play for my own personal enjoyment.now as much as id like to banter on and on. nah, I don't...Ill leave you all with this, stop with all this fussing about the xbox one, it seems childish to see every average joe and their mother calling it the xbone and following the herd blindly as if they want to be solely included into the herd. im not trying to target all who have had this opinion in this here thread, but on the internet, in general, it seems like the majority follows the crowd.it just seems petty when you think about it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.