Official Xbox One Thread

Conker

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/06/07/gamestop-president-tony-bartel-promises-seamless-transition-of-xbox-one-used-game-sales/?partner=yahootix

Slightly confused by this article.

“Along with gamers all over the world, the GameStop team is eagerly anticipating the upcoming launch of the Xbox One this holiday season,†he told me via email. “We are excited about the immersive entertainment experience that the Xbox One offers, and the fact that the new console will support the unlimited trade-in and resell of pre-owned games, which is something our 30 million PowerUp Rewards members have told us they want. We will continue to work with Microsoft and publishers to maintain a seamless transfer of pre-owned games, and enable a smooth transition to this exciting new generation of consoles. We believe GameStop is primed and ready to deliver this new console to our customers.â€

Is the red part truth or lie? I'm hearing conflicting reports now.

So am I. But honestly, it doesn't matter; why even bother with the Xbone?

It's already confirmed by Microsoft themselves that gaming on the system is a luxury privilege only available to those who are able to have/can afford internet connections.

Gaming comes last on it, so how used games are handled with the Xbone is the least of any serious gamer's concerns.

• Like 2

Branden, I can never take you seriously anymore. Every single time I see a post from you, your avatar makes me think "Accio Bum!"...

Relevance to this topic, none... except, while I think flying off the handle isn't necessarily something that should be done, this console may most likely falter, with what has been confirmed. Some features seem good, while others are just weird in comparison.

• Like 2

$499, 499€ - which equals roughly $660 by current exchange rate - and £429 for a gimped PC that'll stop working in 10 or so years, because it requires online authentification for games (but not TV, movies, etc) and, if the buzzwords thrown around during the press conference are any indiation, many games will use "the cloud" for computation purposes.

If the reveal hadn't already killed any interest I might've had in this, E3 certainly had.

• Like 2

Yep, as per a comment I saw somewhere:

"$500 dollars for a cable box that allows me to lease games - as long as I pay $60 for them, check for permission every 24 hours, and don't share them with anyone? Could you throw in a punch in the nose for $50 extra?"

Recently I've began to think all of the pirating from the Wii Hackers, and people hacking Xbox360's have led them to do what they have done.. I'm not sticking up for them, and I've hacked my Wii to the max. I'm just guessing it's one of the things that have led to them taking precautions so people don't steal their games. I think it's crap either way though. They still make tons of money, even with the hackers.

$499, 499€ - which equals roughly $660 by current exchange rate - and £429 for a gimped PC that'll stop working in 10 or so years, because it requires online authentification for games (but not TV, movies, etc) and, if the buzzwords thrown around during the press conference are any indiation, many games will use "the cloud" for computation purposes.

If the reveal hadn't already killed any interest I might've had in this, E3 certainly had.

Sorry to ignore everything with that post, but that (499 euros) actually translates into (get ready for this):

FEEL THE HORROR!!!

• Like 1

I think I was the only one who was somewhat impressed with the lineup they had, and the capabilities they showed off. My cousin, who was wary about the XB1 is now planning on pre-ordering it. I admit, I feel like doing the same.

May I ask what exactly you were impressed about?

IMO, Sony wiped the floor with Microsoft, especially with them directly calling out Microsoft on their bullshit at the end. It was almost art.

There was a thing or two that interested me. But for the most part it was "TV, TV, TV, SPORTS, CALL OF DUTY, HALO" ect.I had hoped that Microsoft would redeem themselves with E3, but sony knocked them out of the water. I may pre-order the ps4 and go halfers with the fiance.

I mentioned this earlier in the Shoutbox, but the singular thing that I can commend MS for at E3 is their heavier focus on gaming for the XBone.

I think I was the only one who was somewhat impressed with the lineup they had, and the capabilities they showed off. My cousin, who was wary about the XB1 is now planning on pre-ordering it. I admit, I feel like doing the same.

May I ask what exactly you were impressed about?

There were plenty of games that made my mouth water, especially Titanfall. Fuck, that game looked beautiful. The upcoming MGS title has made me even more curious about the genre. Ryse was intriguing. I have always been fond of the voice command and camera features of Kinect, plus there's the thing MS are doing that's similar to PS+. Two free games a month for Gold Members is nice, and I've always wanted to get a 12 month membership.

Don't get me wrong. I know, and can accept that Sony totally blew Microsoft away at E3, but to deny that I enjoyed seeing a lot of what they had.

Titanfall will also be on Xbox 360 and pc, also looks like another generic shooter to me...

Ryse however, does look interesting, but not interesting enough to justify the negatives of the console, and get me to buy the console. 

Still, if they finally properly utilise the Rare IP's they own, I may look at it. Too early to tell, they may even make a last minute decision and cut all privacy invading features, but I doubt they will.

As long as those 'features' are there, I will not be supporting Micro$oft.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.