Official Xbox One Thread

Conker

Ill leave you all with this, stop with all this fussing and b1tching about the xbox one, it seems childish to see every average joe and their mother calling it the xbone and following the herd blindly as if they want to be solely included into the herd.

it just seems petty when you think about it

NO.

Don't try to tell me what to do. I'll call the console Xbone, I'll damn well hate the console if I want, and I'll sure as shit bitch about it if I want.

Accept it.

EDIT:

Let me elaborate, actually: I think the console sucks. It's horrible in terms of design and policies. EVEN WITH their "180", you still need to always have the Kinect connected, and you STILL need an internet connection to even use it(initial activation, so people who would never be able to use it over lack of internet STILL cannot), and it's overpriced compared to the PS4($100 cheaper!), which has better exclusives AND hardware.

Hell, when I think Xbox exclusive, the first games that come to mind are: Fable, Halo, and Gears of War. The only thing worth playing out of those well-known sequels are the Fable games, and only some of them. Otherwise, good Xbox exclusives are way too few in numbers to warrant purchasing any of the Xbox consoles when you can get a platform (PlayStation) that has what are considered among the majority of the gaming community the absolute best out of the two platforms. And you know what? The majority isn't wrong, either, because PlayStation exclusives are in higher numbers AND quality.

Sony is like a second Nintendo for memorable and phenomenal exclusives. Xbox just has a tiny bit of good things and a few brodude shooters here and there, nothing special.

But hey, I'm just expressing my opinion like you are, please don't get all pissy because I had the audacity to express mine, too.

(no, really, please don't; you wouldn't believe how fucking much this happens to me)

• Like 1

I don't hate the Xbox One because of mob mentality, I hate it because it wants to spy on your family, a situation straight out of George Orwell's 1984. So no, I don't think I am being petty at all, thank you.

ok and who other than a bunch of ppl on the internet (ie 4 chan trolls, and the community) have said that it spies on you?

I have yet to have seen any proof of this fact and just seems to be rumor and speculation

so that's a contradiction if ive seen one.

Ill leave you all with this, stop with all this fussing and b1tching about the xbox one, it seems childish to see every average joe and their mother calling it the xbone and following the herd blindly as if they want to be solely included into the herd.

it just seems petty when you think about it

NO.

Don't try to tell me what to do. I'll call the console Xbone, I'll damn well hate the console if I want, and I'll sure as shit bitch about it if I want.

Accept it.

I like how you just shrugged off my whole point

• Like 1

The Kinect is confirmed to be always on.

and that only proves that its always on, if you have forgotten, the console is turned on via the Kinect voice sensor.

and because the console doesn't require internet anymore (passed day one), it seems useless to even use it for spying on people.

as I just said, that just seems to be speculation.

and more or less a conspiracy theory, I haven't seen any proof that it records what you do. without any proof, I can tell you are going with the crowd on this whole rumor 

It's a possibility, and I can have a distaste for it if I want to.

Also, speaking as a member of Staff, you can present your argument without targeting everyone that has posted in this thread as petty. Blatant disregard for our Terms of Service, and just completely unnecessary, and invalidates your argument in itself. And that goes for everyone, if things escalate more, I will dish out warning points.

ok great, im not entitled to an opinion?

I cant say how I feel about it?

I cant also say at the beginning that "(hopefully without enticing a whole flame war on this here site)" meaning that im not coming here to start an argument.

it seems that because you don't like the xbox one, its an argument when I don't support your views. ill take out the swearing and ill amend the posts a little bit, but it doesn't change my view on it, because I feel like people are following the herd

the whole console war thing is petty when u think about it.

ill end this here because u are right, you are staff. but it doesn't change how I as an individual feel about the subject.

OgydxKK.png

See, I'd tell you to go fuck off and die for being the first to insult(I wouldn't anyways, it's called a joke), but I won't. I'll be the mature one here.

Oh, did you know? Hating the Xbone does not make me narrow-minded. Who knew!?

Did you read my edited post, by the way? Oh, of course not. :>

"EDIT:

Let me elaborate, actually: I think the console sucks. It's horrible in terms of design and policies. EVEN WITH their "180", you still need to always have the Kinect connected, and you STILL need an internet connection to even use it(initial activation, so people who would never be able to use it over lack of internet STILL cannot), and it's overpriced compared to the PS4($100 cheaper!), which has better exclusives AND hardware.

Hell, when I think Xbox exclusive, the first games that come to mind are: Fable, Halo, and Gears of War. The only thing worth playing out of those well-known sequels are the Fable games, and only some of them. Otherwise, good Xbox exclusives are way too few in numbers to warrant purchasing any of the Xbox consoles when you can get a platform (PlayStation) that has what are considered among the majority of the gaming community the absolute best out of the two platforms. And you know what? The majority isn't wrong, either, because PlayStation exclusives are in higher numbers AND quality.

Sony is like a second Nintendo for memorable and phenomenal exclusives. Xbox just has a tiny bit of good things and a few brodude shooters here and there, nothing special.

But hey, I'm just expressing my opinion like you are, please don't get all pissy because I had the audacity to express mine, too.

(no, really, please don't; you wouldn't believe how fucking much this happens to me)"

no actually I didn't read your post because I didn't know it was going to be edited.

you could have actually posted it instead of editing an old post.

and yeah the same stuff happens to me too, anyway I gotta go and do my AutoCAD homework, and this is distracting me.

gotta go

I didn't see your new post while editing, so I didn't know to post it.

Anyways, I'll post this here for you to see, since the same just happened again:

ok great, im not entitled to an opinion?

I cant say how I feel about it?

I cant also say at the beginning that "(hopefully without enticing a whole flame war on this here site)" meaning that im not coming here to start an argument.

it seems that because you don't like the xbox one, its an argument when I don't support your views. ill take out the swearing, but it doesn't change my view on it, because I feel like people are following the herd

the whole console war thing is petty when u think about it.

ill end this here because u are right, you are staff. but it doesn't change how I as an individual feel about the subject.

Hold on, you're complaining about not being entitled to an opinion when you're telling me I'm narrow-minded for having an opposing one? Why?

You came in this thread, made your post, fully expecting (and clearly wanting, at least from what it looks like to me) people who do not like the Xbone to reply to you with what system they like, and call them narrow-minded for having their opinion? Then complain about not being entitled to an opinion when a staff member tells you to stop throwing insults? It's almost as if you set this up so you can make yourself seem like a victim, to get people in trouble or something.

Rcj, I'm entitled to an opinion, too. That privilege isn't only reserved for you.

Honestly, I'm not trying to be rude, you just kind of irked me with this.

While I sympathize with you, Rcp, could you two please take this private? This is a topic about the Xbox One. Just a friendly reminder, since the conversation is starting to veer off topic. Glad we're all calm now, though, but the topic should resume the discussion of the Xbox One, as per its purpose. Thanks!

--Mellow

The Kinect is confirmed to be always on.

and that only proves that its always on, if you have forgotten, the console is turned on via the Kinect voice sensor.

and because the console doesn't require internet anymore (passed day one), it seems useless to even use it for spying on people.

as I just said, that just seems to be speculation.

and more or less a conspiracy theory, I haven't seen any proof that it records what you do. without any proof, I can tell you are going with the crowd on this whole rumor

If Kinect is always on and the console is controlled by voice commands, that means it always has to be recording at least the audio from your house. While the console is turned on and connected to the internet, I doubt there's much you can do to monitor what information it's sending around so I'd still be a little cautious about this. Not that I'm interested in the Xbox One anyway, I was put off from the start by how it didn't even seem to be built primarily as a games console...

Actually, Steam is working on a system to let your friends borrow your games, so. And an internet connection is only needed to download the game for obvious fucking reasons. It can't just fly to your computer via stork or anything, it's not like Steam is always online, either. It's very capable being offline for months on end. Lololol, I hope whoever wrote that was joking, because they are dumb.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

http://kotaku.com/xbox-live-family-subscriptions-convert-to-individual-ac-1099325395

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

OH GOD, MY FUCKING SIDES. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You know the BEST PART!? This is LITERALLY DESIGNED to fuck over families who stay on the 360.

Fuck off and die, Microsoft. 

I love how it shows a family playing with GAMECUBE controllers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.