Official Xbox One Thread

Conker

Let's discuss all things fail-- er, Xbox One here! I'll start by copy-pasting a reply I made to a friend's status update on facebook:
(WARNING: Rant incoming! Use evasive maneuvers if you can't handle it!)

Well, see, consoles aren't dying. They will never, ever die for a long time to come. However, Xbox consoles? We're looking at what is potentially the last generation for them(Microsoft WILL pull a SEGA, you just watch), due to these simple facts:

1. Xbox One, despite conflicting rumors, in the end turned out to indeed require an internet connection to even function(if you do not connect it to the internet once a day, it's as useful as a brick).

2. Game developers have the option to to make single player games online-only so Microsoft's cloud servers can take care of complex computing for the game, and Microsoft hopes they do in fact take advantage of this. If they hope they do, that means first party games will take advantage of the cloud in such a way, and your precious Halo or Gears of War will be online-only.

3. The console requires a Kinect to be plugged in and activated at all times to function. There is nothing right about that at all, and it's a major privacy breach; need I say more?

4. This console, it blocks used games. Do you want your used game you ALREADY payed for UNBLOCKED? You will need to pay what we can all assume is a hefty fee so you can install it to the console's HDD. So, that means, if you so not buy a game new, you, and everyone you want to share the game with need to each pay their own fee on their own consoles to be able to play said game. Naturally, if you buy it new, you're good; still cannot share with others, though.

5. The name is horrible. Oh, I know, three operating systems in... no, FUCK that. There is only ONE Xbox "One", my friends, and it's also the best Xbox to ever grace this miserable planet: the Original Xbox. They can give whatever excuses they want for the name, but the fact is, it sounds like a name some loser chose only because it sounded cool. The name implies it is the first Xbox to ever exist, and that is not the case.

6. Xbox One is not focused on gaming. This is not a console for gamers, and it never will be. Microsoft is focussing too much on media, and little on what matters for a console: gaming. I mean, they can't even let us enjoy our games without an internet connection! They're doomed.

And what consoles do not have ANY of these problems? The PS4 and Wii U(well, minus the naming problem for this one), of course! THEY are the consoles to go with this generation, THEY are the consoles that will succeed this generation, THEY are the consoles that will stay loyal to gamers this generation, THEY are where true gamers will thrive this generation.

That's just how it is.

But yeah, the future of gaming is also television, sports and Call of Duty, apparently. And dogs. NEVER forget the dogs.

Sent from my cell phone, because ancient satellites from across the cosmic web are lame.
  • Like 4

4. This console, it blocks used games. Do you want your used game you ALREADY payed for UNBLOCKED? You will need to pay what we can all assume is a hefty fee so you can install it to the console's HDD. So, that means, if you so not buy a game new, you, and everyone you want to share the game with need to each pay their own fee on their own consoles to be able to play said game. Naturally, if you buy it new, you're good; still cannot share with others, though.

Even if it isn't a hefty fee, it would still be wrong. This pretty much also gets rid of renting I assume. How can you rent a game if you MUST install it or pay a fee?

• Like 1

Not only that, but no backwards compatibility, which isn't usually an issue, Nintendo did that with the WiiU as well, but with the 360 being their last major console, you think it would be available for it. Gamecube was two systems ago, so I can understand that. 360's are also prone to RROD.

Microsoft is really avoiding telling all the bad features at their release, especially not commenting on any of the fan's concerns during the reveal. Microsoft really needs to get a hold of this and tell people what exactly they're going to have to pay for. I should NOT have to pay for a used game, then go home and pay any amount to "unlock" this game on my console. Now, IF it's tied to an account, there might be a possibility of your friends using your login credentials on their own system, but then they don't get the achievements or anything. I'm not really sure if that's the route they're going or not, and I myself have not signed in on any 360 console other than my own.

• Like 3

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."
"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.
"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

So... it's not only a hefty fee... but the full price of the game. Seriously, what the fuck are they smoking?

Xbox is done. Microsoft really fucked up their chances this time.

• Like 2

Maybe Rareware will come to Nintendo now that MS cares more about TV than gamers? *hopes*

Sorry, no. Nintendo sold Rareware to MS, Rare is now 100% Microsoft property.

Also, I don't think that their new game is going to be a new Conker, Banjo (Grant confirmed that it's NOT Banjo), or a beloved franchise. They said that is going to be a "historic franchise"... possibly Killer Instinct 3 (MS renewed the trademark recenty) or... Wizards and Warriors?

Posted Image

Look closely at the white circle... seems familiar?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh, and if your post was joke... guess I missed it :D

Let's discuss all things fail-- er, Xbox One here! I'll start by copy-pasting a reply I made to a friend's status update on facebook:

(WARNING: Rant incoming! Use evasive maneuvers if you can't handle it!)

Well, see, consoles aren't dying. They will never, ever die for a long time to come. However, Xbox consoles? We're looking at what is potentially the last generation for them(Microsoft WILL pull a SEGA, you just watch), due to these simple facts:

1. Xbox One, despite conflicting rumors, in the end turned out to indeed require an internet connection to even function(if you do not connect it to the internet once a day, it's as useful as a brick).

2. Game developers have the option to to make single player games online-only so Microsoft's cloud servers can take care of complex computing for the game, and Microsoft hopes they do in fact take advantage of this. If they hope they do, that means first party games will take advantage of the cloud in such a way, and your precious Halo or Gears of War will be online-only.

3. The console requires a Kinect to be plugged in and activated at all times to function. There is nothing right about that at all, and it's a major privacy breach; need I say more?

5. The name is horrible. Oh, I know, three operating systems in... no, FUCK that. There is only ONE Xbox "One", my friends, and it's also the best Xbox to ever grace this miserable planet: the Original Xbox. They can give whatever excuses they want for the name, but the fact is, it sounds like a name some loser chose only because it sounded cool. The name implies it is the first Xbox to ever exist, and that is not the case.

6. Xbox One is not focused on gaming. This is not a console for gamers, and it never will be. Microsoft is focussing too much on media, and little on what matters for a console: gaming. I mean, they can't even let us enjoy our games without an internet connection! They're doomed.

And what consoles do not have ANY of these problems? The PS4 and Wii U(well, minus the naming problem for this one), of course! THEY are the consoles to go with this generation, THEY are the consoles that will succeed this generation, THEY are the consoles that will stay loyal to gamers this generation, THEY are where true gamers will thrive this generation.

That's just how it is.

But yeah, the future of gaming is also television, sports and Call of Duty, apparently. And dogs. NEVER forget the dogs.

Sent from my cell phone, because ancient satellites from across the cosmic web are lame.

Hey! PC Call of Duty 4 was the

• Like 1

This is what a person named Gligar13Vids said on his tumblr: 

lol gamers

I love how everyone is complaning about the used game block, then talks about how their moving to Steam/the others.

What about that Ouya or Steam box? Oh wait, no used games and online only too. Had the Xbox One had 0 disc drive, nobody would be complaning.

I can understand lack of games, but remember, it’s still getting more 3rd party support then the WiiU.

I can't help but agree with him.

This is what a person named Gligar13Vids said on his tumblr: 

lol gamers

I love how everyone is complaning about the used game block, then talks about how their moving to Steam/the others.

What about that Ouya or Steam box? Oh wait, no used games and online only too. Had the Xbox One had 0 disc drive, nobody would be complaning.

I can understand lack of games, but remember, it’s still getting more 3rd party support then the WiiU.

I can't help but agree with him.

Yo agree with him? So, does that mean you have no idea what you're talking about, too? Obviously.

1. Consoles are EXPECTED to be different than Steam in that regard, because they have a VERY prominent used games market.
  2. OUYA is not always-online. Steam isn't always-online. Also, no shit OUYA doesn't have used games; it's digital distribution and you can install any game available easily with an APK file.
  3. It might as well NOT have a disc drive, since it requires us to install EVERY GAME. And even if it didn't, it would add on to the complaints, because then people wouldn't be able to watch their DVDs and Blurays. This is an undeniable fact.
  4. The Wii U isn't getting much 3rd party support because the industry is so OBSESSED WITH GRAPHICS, and most of it is giving the Wii U the shaft because, *gasp*, it can't display something in super-duper high polygon counts! Not to mention it can't have all of those beeeeautiful new shaders.

Feel free to show this to your friend on tumblr, as he obviously doesn't know his stuff. Shame on you for agreeing with him; bad dog, get off of my couch!

• Like 3

Switching to PC. I am done with consoles.

k then. Have fun missing out on the greatness that is the PS4 and Wii U. You know, the consoles of this generation that do not do all of the bullshit the Xbone does.

Also, calling it Xbone from now on. Or Xdone. Either one works, as they boned themselves so good, they're done with consoles.

• Like 1

k then. Have fun missing out on the greatness that is the PS4 and Wii U. You know, the consoles of this generation that do not do all of the bullshit the Xbone does.

Also, calling it Xbone from now on. Or Xdone. Either one works, as they boned themselves so good, they're done with consoles.

I can find alot of greatness with PC. I can't tell people what to choose. But for me my gaming habits has died down a bit. PC has emulators and steam. So I am fine with that. I will say Wii U is more of a proper game console then PS4 or One. At least you can play your old Wii games. So basically PS3 and 360 owners are screwed.

I do agree that MS really screwed up the Xbox brand because the Windows team replaced the old Xbox team. Hence why the road was different with Xbox One. A bunch of dumb suits with mba's who is book smart but yet is out of touch with reality.

Also... http://saynotoxbone.tumblr.com/

As a side note to what the Colonel said, why did you feel the need to state this a second time?

Previous topic was closed so I can't really add more to my thoughts?

I can find alot of greatness with PC. I can't tell people what to choose. But for me my gaming habits has died down a bit. PC has emulators and steam. So I am fine with that. I will say Wii U is more of a proper game console then PS4 or One. At least you can play your old Wii games. So basically PS3 and 360 owners are screwed.

I never said you couldn't find a lot of greatness with PC. Also, what? The Wii U is more of a proper console because it's backwards compatible? That makes no sense.

Just so you know, backwards compatibility isn't important; it's very nice to have, but it's not important. 

Basically, the Wii U is no more of a proper console than the PS4 is, and vice versa. That's just how it is, honestly.

The Xbone, however? Well, that shit isn't proper, that's for damn sure.

Now, look at the phrase "PS3 and 360 owners are screwed". You see what's wrong with that, right?

They already own the systems, is what's wrong with it. If they want to play a damn PS3 or 360 game, they can hook up their PS3 or 360.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.