Fall of Antiqua

Mellow

I see.

Well, I say if most of your team is on board with the idea, then do what you want to do. You aren't going to have fun working on something that you don't want to put out. You'll have more fun doing what story you want to tell and what you want people to see.

If you make it, people will play it. No matter what it is. There's always gonna be someone who whines that it won't be "Zelda", but I doubt most people will.

I'm interested in seeing what you can do with the Z64 engine and make everything new. I'll vote for new everything.

Thanks, giad. Your input has been noted, and I really appreciate the feedback!

Mellow, I'd really like to see the same Termina we grew to love in MM, but with changes to it (obviously since it would be in the distant past). I got the vibe that was the direction you were headed before thinking of creating a new story. My vote is to keep it a Zelda story, possibly showing the history of Termina, the Fierce Diety, and Majora's Mask. I had speculated something about seeing the connection between Majora and the Deity and the creation of Majora's and Deity's mask's and it seemed "the powers that be smiled upon me" or something like that lol, I hope they're still smiling.

• Like 2

So, I have a serious question for all of you.

The past few days, the team and I have been tossing around an idea. A pretty radical idea. This idea is to create an entirely new world, and entirely new adventure. With new characters, new protagonists, new everything. And most of all, a completely fresh storyline. The team and I have already founded a rather remarkable story to begin with if we were to take this route, but taking this route would be an entire change in direction from the original purpose of this project. This project would no longer be a Zelda story, or even Majora's Mask. It would be a new, fresh story within the Z64 engine. It would be a Zelda-like, rather than a Zelda. And I think that is beautiful. Everyone and their grandmother is trying to make a Zelda mod with a Zelda story, and that is alright. But when you do that, you have to be very careful when writing the story, because one wrong step with get you the branding some weird fanfic, and that isn't good. If we were to write the history of Termina, some would like it, yeah, but a lot would find themselves thinking that it does not live up to what they thought Termina was. However, when writing a completely new story, there is a broader horizon. There is no canon that you have to step around, because you are creating your own canon.

So, I want to ask all of you. Do you want an incredible new story, or a telling of Termina's past in the eyes of the team?

I think this is a good idea and at the same time not. How about this, it is legit that the world of Termina is a sort of parallel world to Hyrule. So knowing this, we can speculate that there was hero's who were parallel to Link, but somewhere down the line his bloodline died off, like it did for Wind Waker. The new bloodline had to be established because Links (The Royal Knights) bloodline was growing weaker. That is why a whole new Link not related to OOT link, or any other one before was established into the series. They explain why OOT's Links blood line is no longer existent by the whole different time lines thing that started off at the end of OOT.

The Hyrule Historia says this

"The Knights of Hyrule are a clan that

protect the Royal Family, their members

descended from the Hero who governed

the Crest of Courage. Legend has it that

the Hero will one day reappear within

their ranks.

Looking back through the ages, it is

possible that Link, the Hero of Time,

was once a Hylian Knight himself. This

may be the reason his mother became

embroiled in the fires of war."

and also this

"Termina

A strange parallel world, where many

of the inhabitants look identical to the

people of Hyrule."

So let's say that it is in a past setting of Termina before Termina's Parallel Link bloodline died off. Maybe the guy in the mask is a related parallel version of the Twili before they were sealed away in ancient times and later became Twili

Here I will again quote the Hyrule Historia

"The Twilight Realm is a beautiful place, enveloped in the calm of a falling dusk.

The inhabitants are gentle, pure-hearted creatures who make their homes within

the realm’s radiance. The Twili wield the power of magic, though its strength does

not reach the levels possessed by those who were sealed away in ancient times.

Members of the powerful royal family choose one from among themselves to

inherit the position of leader.

The people of the Twilight lived in peace for many years, but there were those

among them who felt that the denizens of the Light World were oppressing them.

Despite Zant’s ambitions, he was not chosen to be king, and Princess Midna instead

became leader of their people."

I suggest that because another masked villain doesn't remind me all that much of Majora's Mask but instead reminds me of Zant

Also I thought about this

Dark Links are in fact born from the Twilight Mirror

I will again give you all more than you are probably willing to read, and not for the last time quote the Zelda Bible

"The Dark Mirror

A mirror that reflects the evil heart of its

bearer, spawning demons. It was once

used to imprison the Dark Tribe, who

attempted to invade Hyrule, and thus

it was hidden inside a temple with no

connection to the Dark World.

Its relation to the Mirror of Twilight

that serves as a path to the Twilight

Realm, as well as the magic mirrors that

exist in other timelines, is unknown."

"Shadow Link

Demons identical to Link that are born

of the Dark Mirror and possess the

power of darkness. The resentment and

evil thoughts of the defeated Ganondorf

travel across time and space, emerging

as shadows in the shape of the Hero.

The ones that appear in the Elemental

Sanctuary set a trap aimed at getting Link

to break Ganondorf’s seal."

It is thought that Ganondorf used the Dark Mirror (I'm sure it is the one and same twilight Mirror) to pull out Dark Link, as well as phantom Ganondorf.

You could always come to me for ideas lol, or if you're worried about the story being canon you can PM me about details of the story and I will let you know if it is indeed canon. I own The Hyrule Historia and I've read the entire thing. If I have a problem remembering something from it I can always open it back up. The only Zelda games I have not played are the ones for Nintendo DS/3DS

• Like 2

I´ve been sniping and gazing this project for a few days, I have to say that this is quite interesting. I´m with the idea of making it a MM in the past, however, please make the team confirm the decisions before doing anything and join several times to have a well organized project. Don´t end up like Ura, organize yourself and think what is the best for the project with the team.

Oh, that´s a nice starting! I feel like this project will be a mind blown once it´s in futher development. Also I have to say this, but I like how the team has been so open to certain ideas. Keep up the great work and that nice attitude.

I want this project to stay with a Zelda story. I really want to see your idea of Termina before it was built completely, perhaps even a view on how Majora's Mask was used in rituals.

Kind of one of the reasons I mentioned Twilight Princess.

Posted Image

I want this project to stay with a Zelda story. I really want to see your idea of Termina before it was built completely, perhaps even a view on how Majora's Mask was used in rituals.

Posted Image

But if you look a the storyline,MM comes before TP isn't this going to be a prequel? 

Posted Image

But if you look a the storyline,MM comes before TP isn't this going to be a prequel? 

Yes, but the fused shadow pieces that make the mask Midna wears were ancient, and used in ancient times. They might even be older than Majora's mask, No one knows

You can rest assured that the story will be cohesive. We aren't exactly amateur story writers. ;)

This^ We have everyone on the team add facts and tidbits to the story as we go along. We check facts, history, ect on the Canon of the Zelda games so we know what kind of stuff we're putting together. C:

• Like 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.