Fall of Antiqua

Mellow

• 2 weeks later...

I earlier mentioned that once I port my Pause Menu editor to OoT, I were willing to look into adding specific features that this project may require. This is still the case.

If the developers of this project have any requests in mind that involves almost anything at all related to the games interface, I'm willing to look into it. This includes Pause Menues, Game Over screen, File Select, or just the User Interface in general.

I suspect that you already have a guy for things like this, but I want to help out in whatever way I can.

Here's an example of something I put together quickly yesterday in the debug rom: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/MM/ASM/ootdebuglanguageselect.png

Basically it's just a minor ASM hack combined with texture replacement and a few options screen texture table changes & rezising.

I changed the ASM so that after the 3rd option it goes back to the 1st, and the other way around. Then set the size of the 4th option to the lowest possible size so it isn't visible.

I then changed all the ASM locations that pointed to the sound option byte to the language option byte instead.

I made a few modifications to the Texture table used by the Options panel so that the Sound setting title would have 3 unique textures for each language instead of just 2, and made it so that the 3 sound options always pointed to the same texture for all the 3 languages.

And lastly I replaced the textures used by the sound options with language textures.

So yeah, I'm willing to look into anything interface related.

• Like 1

Okey, I looked it up:

flamecolorpresstext.png

Also changed the Press Start text, because I can.

However, I set the color after it had faded in, making my method completelly useless. I am currently working out the calculations used for the fading.

It is annoyingly complicated because it consists of 2 separate flames.

And the different colors have their own functions used for the fading. (for example, the Red color on the first flame fades 2 times, while the Green and Blue only fade once)

Edit: Okay, this was a much bigger pain than I thought it'd be. It would be much easier if the fire color fading was just removed altogether. It would still fade in with the alpha, but it wouldn't fade to white like the original. Or you could just remove the fire. But I guess that you don't want that.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.