General anime/manga/LN thread

xdaniel

Been watching a lot of Hunter x Hunter as of late. A very good show. I thought it would mostly be a wreak (I for some reason always say to myself long running shows can never turn out good, but oh am I wrong) because of how long it currently is. I am quite suprized on how heavly psychological it is in the later half and around the start. Will be watching this show to its end whenever that may be! Hopefully it will run long and strong.

Heh, I'm crazy. I scraped together what little Japanese I know and shot a tweet into the direction of Log Horizon's original author, Mamare Touno:

"ちょっと変です、でもドイツから「ログ・ホライズン」のためにありがとうございます! アニメ版は、私の今の一番好きなアニメです。(^_^) そして、もし私の日本語は悪いです、本当にすみません!"

...which should roughly mean something like: "This is a bit weird, but thank you from Germany for Log Horizon! The anime version is my favorite anime right now. Also, if my Japanese was bad, I'm really sorry!" ...or I hope at least my intent comes across well enough in Japanese! Kinda worried I phrased something stupidly or too weirdly and stuff...

I woke up to an ad mail from Amazon and... a notification from twitter...

"日本から独逸へありがとう! アニメを楽しんで下さい!Dank Deutschland aus Japan! Genießen Sie die Anime!"

Mamare Touno has replied to my tweet! :D That said, the next LH episode should be out soon, so that I'll be watching later.

"dango dango dango dango dango daikazoku

dango dango dango dango dango daikazoku"

Such an amazing song. Makes me smile every time :P

Just finished Durarara!!, and Gurren Lagann before that.

Gurren Lagann was an amazing anime. I can see why it's so popular. One of the first animes I were going to watch, but put it on hold because it was a mecha anime, which I up until recently have refused to watch. I am glad I finally watched it.

Durarara!! really was something different. And even more so because I didn't know that it involved Supernatural stuff when I started watching it. I enjoyed it a lot, though I were extremelly confused and had a hard time keeping up at times. :P

I am considering to make Hunter x Hunter (2011) my next anime, I enjoy watching long series every now and then. (heck, I once watched through Bleach, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Fairy Tail and SKET Dance all the way through, in that very order. (except fairy tail because I caught up with the series) took a while to watch through.)

• Like 2

"dango dango dango dango dango daikazoku

dango dango dango dango dango daikazoku"

Such an amazing song. Makes me smile every time :P

Just finished Durarara!!, and Gurren Lagann before that.

Gurren Lagann was an amazing anime. I can see why it's so popular. One of the first animes I were going to watch, but put it on hold because it was a mecha anime, which I up until recently have refused to watch. I am glad I finally watched it.

Durarara!! really was something different. And even more so because I didn't know that it involved Supernatural stuff when I started watching it. I enjoyed it a lot, though I were extremelly confused and had a hard time keeping up at times. :P

I am considering to make Hunter x Hunter (2011) my next anime, I enjoy watching long series every now and then. (heck, I once watched through Bleach, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Fairy Tail and SKET Dance all the way through, in that very order. (except fairy tail because I caught up with the series) took a while to watch through.)

Yes. You will not be disappointed. I was skeptic on watching it because it had kids as the main protagonist and is long running. I thought it would be bad because its long running. That being said its now without a doubt the best anime I've seen for a long time. Nothing reviles this show in terms of long running shows.

It's so amazing how nothing falls out of place in this show. But yeah I could really go on for awhile about how awesome this show is. You'll just have to see for yourself if its right for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished Pokemon Origins today and I really wish this would've been a full 12 episode series. Sure, it worked well enough in four episodes, but I personally wouldn't mind seeing every town, every cave, every gym battle (those in particular) too, instead of skipping over a lot of that. Not saying I didn't like Origins - on the contrary, I really loved it. To go into spoilers a bit...

The Pokemon Tower arc was wonderfully done. In the games, everything was over pretty much in a matter of a few text boxes, so it was a bit difficult to evoke many emotions in the player, but here... the dead Marowak's ghost, her child Cubone, the whole Pokemon Tower setting, Lavender Town, Mr. Fuji... I didn't cry or anything, but it was emotional.

Thematically on the other end of the spectrum, kinda, are the battles - the gym battles and the Mewtwo battle in particular were awesome. Expressive, detailed, overall well animated, just really cool to watch. Maybe because it's the most recent episode I watched (for obvious reasons), but that final punch against Mewtwo sticks out in my mind - was also satisfying to see, considering the shit its given Green and Red and their Pokemon... Speaking of the Mewtwo battle, I didn't even mind the blatant advertising, if you wanna call it that, for X and Y... not least because Mega Charizard X looks great!

...oh well, gotta stop here, feeling the Gen 1 and 2 fanboy awaken. Well, maybe not really, but I'm kinda biased towards them and in turn Origins, so... yeah :P

I realized that i only watch anime 3 days a week (Thursday:Kyoukai no Kanata, Nagi no Asukara and Noucome), Friday: Golden Time, Saturday: log Horizon) so i decided to start a few other series as well :D

i´ve watched like 6 episodes of Seitokai Yakuindomo, because i´ve read about it a few times here :D i really like it till now, the humor is unique and the character design reminds me of azumanga daioh^^

I´ve also finished Yosuga no Sora...and its pretty much the most underrated anime i´ve seen so far. The most people think its just some hentai bullshit without a story... but thats completely wrong! First of all: its NOT hentai...not even ecchi...There are no random sexuall events like in (for example) Sora no otoshimono. Of course there are quite a lot erotic scenes..but they are story related^^

Anyways, I really like the style of YnS and the background storys of the characters are much more complex than i thought. The OST is just AMAZING...its so damn relaxing and just makes me happy and sad at the same time xD The animations are superb as well!

All in all, its a very good anime..even if its more or less ethicless XD i mean seriously...thats even worse than in oreimo...its not just incest..its TWINcest XD

Xdaniel, IS Infinite Stratos, and Madoka Magica? I think you and me are going to get along just fine. :D And ShadowFire SAO is one of my favorite anime too, have you tried watching Log Horizon? Same thing basically but its pretty cool. :)

Heh, still gotta watch/start the second season of IS and the Madoka movies, tho - only thing I'm really watching this season is, well, Log Horizon (and I'm loving it, as one can probably guess from my avatar and signature right now) :P

...thinking about it, I've got a bunch of unfinished shows... Monogatari Series: Second Season first and foremost, I guess...

Heh, still gotta watch/start the second season of IS and the Madoka movies, tho - only thing I'm really watching this season is, well, Log Horizon (and I'm loving it, as one can probably guess from my avatar and signature right now) :P

...thinking about it, I've got a bunch of unfinished shows... Monogatari Series: Second Season first and foremost, I guess...

Yep, those are some pretty good series. I just began reading the Pandora Hearts manga due to some incidents with the anime don't wanna make any spoilers, but you should check out of Pandora Hearts if you want to. It's a really good one. And the second season of IS is getting interesting, you'll fall in love with it. Log Horizon I'm on episode 3 and I still gottta finish Madoka as well. :3 And I should suggest watching Freezing: Vibration if you haven't seen it yet. If not watch Freezing first season.

• Like 1

Yep, those are some pretty good series. I just began reading the Pandora Hearts manga due to some incidents with the anime don't wanna make any spoilers, but you should check out of Pandora Hearts if you want to. It's a really good one. And the second season of IS is getting interesting, you'll fall in love with it. Log Horizon I'm on episode 3 and I still gottta finish Madoka as well. :3 And I should suggest watching Freezing: Vibration if you haven't seen it yet. If not watch Freezing first season.

Son, you've made the right decision. The Pandora Hearts manga is fantastic! <3 I've gotten to chapter 86 and I can't get enough. Danie-boy, you should definately check it out.

• Like 1

Both Hotarubi no Mori e and Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki are tear inducing and are both excellent.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/12355/Ookami_Kodomo_no_Ame_to_Yuki

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10408/Hotarubi_no_Mori_e

If your looking for Happy Sad, I'd try Ookami out. If you just looking for something thats more on the depressing side, Hotarubi would be the choice.

• Like 1

just finished Kokoro Connect a few minutes ago and it was one of the most entertaining animes I´ve watched so far. I would love to see a second season...but it probably wont happen :(

I also finally watched the last OVA of Seitokai Yakuindomo today, so guess i´m prepared for season 2 as well^^

As i have nothing to watch right now, I´ll start with SAO... I can´t believe that i still haven't watched it xD

So, for anyone, ever. You should TOTALLY watch Kuroko no Basket.

Like, seriously, the last aired episode of season 2 was so amazing, I couldn't resist making a post about it.

I've been following the series since season 1 first started airing, at first I was sceptic. I'm not into sports at all, and it's the first sports anime that I'm watching, but damn, it's just amazing in every way.

Easily one of my all time favorite series.

I also watched thru all the Hunter X Hunter (2011) episodes about a week ago. An amazing series, can't believe that I didn't watch it earlier. Another anime that'd I'd put in my top 10 list. (I've seen about 50 or 60 series I believe)

I'm also watching Blood Lad. Which I guess is... different to me. I've not seen a vampire anime before, because I've avoided anime TV series in general, I've always thought it's just dumb.

The series is fine and all, I will watch it till the end, but not one of my favorites. A decent anime nonetheless.

And lastly, I'm watching Strike the Blood (yeah, funny thing huh. I happened to watch two vampire series at once, after having never watched one for years) and Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai, two anime series of this season. They're both great, I enjoy them a lot. I'd really recommend them to anyone who is looking out for new anime series this season.

They aren't the "epic adventure" kind of thing like HxH or SAO though. But they have a proper, progressing story to go along with them, which really makes me look forward to what will happen in the next episode.

• Like 1

The anticipation on waiting each week for a new Hunter x Hunter is really killing me. I've honsestly never seen such a show before that has you on the end of your seat when battles occur. Such a thrilling series.

I can't wait to see Meruem vs Netero and Gon vs Neferpitou. It's gonna be so epic.

Sword Art Online: DONE! and what a surprise...i like it very much. ^.^

But is it one of "the best anime of all time"? ---> partially.

The second half of the SAO arc was great. I started to love the series when asuna and kirito decided to make a party and from there on it was awesome. but even if the SAO arc was awesome the most time, the ALO arc was crap imo. I didn´t liked it beside of the last 2 episodes (which were the best though). everything that happened in that estemated 10 episodes could be put together in 4-5. but that was not the main thing that bothered me. not even the plot-holes in the first arc. It was the not traceable acting of Kirito. I might be the only one who thinks like that but i didn´t liked kirito at all. I think Asuna was a way better character.

nonetheless, I must acknowledge that SAO was made pretty damn good. The relationship between kirito and asuna was one of the best i´ve ever seen. The fights were also epic as hell^^ and when Kirito has beaten up Sugou :D oooh i was sooo damn happy that such a perverted bastard got what he deserved^^

i would give SAO an 8.8/10 :D

• Like 1

Yeah, I guess you could say that SAO is kind of difference in the way that each Arc changes the series a whole lot.

You'd take your time and get used to and enjoy the way it is at first, then it transitions over to the next arc, which is completely different.

If they were to make another season, and it were to follow the Light Novels, the next one would take place in Gun Gale Online, which is an MMOFPS. The setting would be very, very different.

But I guess that's the nature of the SAO series. I'd assume that the reason they didn't go for a new season right away is because of the difference it'd be, and how it would cause confusion to the viewers.

They'd most likely make it a separate anime series if they were to do it at all tbh. I doubt they'll make another season though.

And damn, now I am very disappointed in Blood Lad. It had no proper ending at all. It ended pretty much when they had established the plot and you knew where the anime's going.

Not to mention that there's no plans for a season 2 because of the lack of content in the manga (that's the result I got after doing some searching anyway)

So yeah, I'd not recommend it.

Edit:

Decide to watch thru another series as I needed a days break from playing A Link Between Worlds. This time I watched K (aka K-Project). It was an interesting series.

Not the kind of thing that I usually watch, but it was good. I found out that there's going to be a sequel for it in the form of a movie in 2014, and it will be an interesting watch.

My favorite part about the entire series must've been the Music. I liked it a lot. They overused the songs a lot, hearing the same thing multiple times in one episode, every episode. But it was so good, I didn't really care.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.