SharpOcarina - Zelda OoT Scene Development System

xdaniel

Thanks to SanguinettiMods' great help and tutorial, I could finally import my first Fire Temple themed map.

Firstly, I triangulated everything manually, but the import was very scrappy. After that I used the OBJ Exporter Triangulator, it worked. Does one know why triangulating manually doesn't work? I checked thrice if I hadn't forgotten to triangulate a face and I deleted useless geometry which could contain faces other than triangles.

But let me return to the successful import! The results are very good! Only 7 textures are stretched or messed up.

This red triangle here only appears in SharpOcarina (not in-game). What is it? :

Posted Image

The stretched textures look right in SharpOcarina, but not in-game:

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you see, there's only the half of the brown faces on the right side of the two blocks. On the left side, everything is stetched. The small block has a stretched yellow face on top, too. The big block's top face is working fine.

Anyways, thank you very much for the nice tool, xdaniel!

SharpOcarina v0.5: http://code.google.com/p/sharpocarina/downloads/detail?name=SharpOcarina-v05.rar

r9: Fixed preview of texture tiling and tiling mode selection, added texture size sanity check, changed .obj group naming to use the complete remaining line, improved error handling, cleanup of debug messages (ignored in release builds), upped version number in advance

r10: Improved preview rendering performance, started to improve waterbox property support (thanks again, DeathBasket)

r11: Fixed mouse wheel usage not increasing/decreasing the position/rotation of actors, etc. anymore, also tweaked usability of related controls (value increments)

r12: Minor bugfix to preview rendering, group highlight wasn't being scaled anymore after r10

r13: Minor update to ReadMe.txt

r14: Fixed RGBA5551 color conversion (darkened textures) by using formula from SDK (thanks, spinout), changed vertex color conversion to use current material's Kd values, added "is hookshot-able" setting to collision polygon type editor, other minor changes. Other planned features/changes haven't been implemented yet.

r15: Minor ReadMe.txt update

Hey guys, I hope this aint offtopic, but where exactly do you get the OoT textures to use while 3d modeling and SharpOcarina mapping? Do you manually rip them all, or is there a resource I'm not aware about? The textures sure aint on The Spriter's Resource though...

Hey guys, I hope this aint offtopic, but where exactly do you get the OoT textures to use while 3d modeling and SharpOcarina mapping? Do you manually rip them all, or is there a resource I'm not aware about? The textures sure aint on The Spriter's Resource though...

i've also been looking for em'

if by ruby script you mean this plugin? https://sites.google.../ObjExporter.rb i think this uses the same script as the ruby plugin but i'm not entirely sure...

I used to use that one, but TIG's exporter it MUCH better. Flawless, and groups your material lists automatically.

seacrh TIG obj exporter on google.

I'll post the modded version of TIG's importer and exporter later I use some time later.

OZMAV r76 dumps textures. Again, google is your friend.

Just tried OZMAV. However, it tells me "Unknown command" in the command prompt even when I use the example of "OZMAV2 -r "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [!].z64" -s 85 -d 1" which the readme says. And yes, my rom is named after the example, and still no cigar. Hrm..

I would gladly rip the texture resources and post it here online for people to use with Sketchup once I get it to work though.

edit: I looked up on google about ripping textures and it mentions using rice's plugin. However, in in the "Video" (Graphics?) configuration tab, it has no tab for ripping textures.

http://img707.images...23/riceplug.png

I am using pj64 1.7.

Lishy: So OZMAV2 doesn't even start? You sure you're in OZMAV2's directory when you try to run it? Only thing that springs to mind when you say "unknown command".

I can start the program. But.. Well.. Observe:

Posted Image

By the way, i fixed the ripping problem. Turns out I used the wrong rice plugin. Still, this is a concern.

I can't get the game to spawn saria, I put her in my Temple of the Four entrance and I can't get her to show up! I've entered in all the information and everything!

this is what is entered:

Object 00BC

Number: 0146

Variable: 0001

can someone tell me whats going on with this?

also having trouble with ruto...

yes i am entering in their objects in the object box

00A1 00A3 Child Princess Ruto

0002 = Ruto, plays cutscene from Jabu-Jabu’s Belly when you first meet her (use Moonjump or NOCLIP)

ruto appears to be there as you can target her, but her model isn't showing up and you can't speak to her

Guys If you want to get you model to import into the game. import it as an obj in 3dsmax then export over it as an obj using 3ds max it will work. :D

I build my maps in sketchup, then use the obj exporter plugin to export it.

then import it as an obj into 3ds max, then export it as an obj and i haven't had any problems.

to insert hq texture use rice's plugin 6.1.4 to dump textures and load them as hires textures.Posted Image

hires level pic

Posted Image

Guys If you want to get you model to import into the game. import it as an obj in 3dsmax then export over it as an obj using 3ds max it will work. :(

I build my maps in sketchup, then use the obj exporter plugin to export it.

I don't see the point of re-importing it into 3DS Max if you're already exporting it in SketchUp. Its format works well enough for imports (true, 3DS Max's is a lot better and has far fewer errors), but you might as well export as a 3DS file if you want to ensure a good import and re-export.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.