SharpOcarina - Zelda OoT Scene Development System

xdaniel

Emergency bugfix build thingy: http://magicstone.de/dzd/random/SharpOcarina-v01-b.rar

I'm not sure what's causing it but sometimes the camera speed will randomly increase. Also files (at least for the demo) seem to be loaded from the program's directory rather than the XML's.

Criticisms aside, I can't wait to try this tool out properly.

The directory confusion should hopefully be fixed now; added some checks to the .obj parser (is path relative or absolute, etc.) No idea about the camera speed problems, tho.

Room 118 doesn't change at all. When I try and change the scene changed, I can only enter 4 digits of the injection offset. Nothing Changes. Help?

The injection offset bug has been fixed, bug in the respective control's setting (only allowed 4 digits, now does 8).

I don't know how to make XML files so I can't use this yet it seems. The demo works though. Also the same thing DeathBasket was talking about is happening to me.

The XML files are created by using the program, so once you've got a model for a map done, play around a bit.

All other bugs - and it appears there'll be quite a few... - will have to wait until later, 2:18 isn't the time to fix them.

It only injects over room 117. The BGM stays at 2, and My Room doesn't appear, I can't really test the collision out all that much, because Link Freezes when I move so far.

Did you press enter after changing the scene number, BGM, etc? If no, it says so in the Readme. Only thing I can imagine being the problem. As for the collision, I didn't have any problems with the maps I used for testing, but I guess it's still not producing perfect collision data then...

• Material reading location doesn't work, causes exception error. Sometimes materials(especially ones from sketchup) export the obj file and material file together then create a folder with the same name in the same directory for all the textures.
  • Saving scene with XML, doesn't save the custom environment as well, for some reason, environment barely changes from what I can tell, especially since I want to change fog density(unless this hasn't been implemented yet)
  • For some reason, the game crashes randomly if I go to a specific point in the map, not sure why o-O

Despite the few bugs, its pretty spot on with a lot of stuff and seeing correct texture conversion makes me happy, especially 64x64 textures! :D

Posted Image

• Material reading location doesn't work, causes exception error. Sometimes materials(especially ones from sketchup) export the obj file and material file together then create a folder with the same name in the same directory for all the textures.
  • Saving scene with XML, doesn't save the custom environment as well, for some reason, environment barely changes from what I can tell, especially since I want to change fog density(unless this hasn't been implemented yet)
  • For some reason, the game crashes randomly if I go to a specific point in the map, not sure why o-O
  • Yeah, that's another bug in the material parser or rather texture loader. I fixed it - my test case has .obj and .mtl files in one folder, which has a subfolder named "Textures" where those are stored, which is similar to what you described -, but I will wait with another build until some more reports of bugs and the like come in.

• Hm? It does save environment changes. Also with regards to fog density, did you press enter after changing the fog value? I know it's annoying - and I'll look into changing the behaviour to also apply changes when those textboxes lose focus - but it's necessary for the time being. I have just tested both, saving environment setting changes to XML and increasing the fog density, and it works. The thing is - as mentioned in the Readme - the draw and fog distance values are kinda sensitive (in my opinion almost unpredictable), so you tend to have to experiment (ex. the lower the value, the closer the fog is, but don't set it too low, etc)

Posted Image

• Probably faulty collision, seeing how the code for collision normals isn't much different from spinout's (besides being rewritten in C#). Not much I can do at this point...

I'm having a couple of bugs. First off, I'm getting the non-loading textured geometry, but not the freezes.

Second, with some of my model exports, the importer crashes when I load the obj file. Here's the error.

error-1.png

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
  at SharpOcarina.ObjFile.DrawTriangle(Triangle Tri) in C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Daniel\eigene dateien\visual studio 2010\Projects\MapDev\MapDev\ObjFile.cs:line 677
  at SharpOcarina.ObjFile.DrawHighlightedTriangle(Triangle Tri, Color4 Color, Boolean Outlined) in C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Daniel\eigene dateien\visual studio 2010\Projects\MapDev\MapDev\ObjFile.cs:line 658
  at SharpOcarina.ObjFile.DrawTriangle(Triangle Tri, Material Mat) in C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Daniel\eigene dateien\visual studio 2010\Projects\MapDev\MapDev\ObjFile.cs:line 645
  at SharpOcarina.ObjFile.PrepareDisplayLists() in C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Daniel\eigene dateien\visual studio 2010\Projects\MapDev\MapDev\ObjFile.cs:line 611
  at SharpOcarina.ObjFile.ParseObj(String Filename) in C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Daniel\eigene dateien\visual studio 2010\Projects\MapDev\MapDev\ObjFile.cs:line 373
  at SharpOcarina.ObjFile..ctor(String Filename, Boolean IgnoreMats) in C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Daniel\eigene dateien\visual studio 2010\Projects\MapDev\MapDev\ObjFile.cs:line 41
  at SharpOcarina.MainForm.button4_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Daniel\eigene dateien\visual studio 2010\Projects\MapDev\MapDev\MainForm.cs:line 916
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MapDev
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Daniel/Desktop/SharpOcarina/MapDev.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
OpenTK
Win32 Version: 1.0.278.44921
CodeBase: file:///D:/Daniel/Desktop/SharpOcarina/OpenTK.DLL
OpenTK.GLControl
Win32 Version: 1.0.278.44921
CodeBase: file:///D:/Daniel/Desktop/SharpOcarina/OpenTK.GLControl.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Arcaith: Hrm, could you send your model over? I can see why it crashes - somehow going out of range while (most likely, because that's the only "unchecked" part in the DrawTriangle function) trying to select the vertices to render - and at least prevent the crash from the exception message alone, but I guess I need the model to properly debug and fix this.

Yep, that's it. Halved the height and it imports correctly. 64x64 works as long as the texture has 16 colors or less (4-bit CI), but this one has I think 111 unique colors. The FAQ has one or two more hints about this under "What texture sizes and formats are supported?" (like trying to make use of grayscale textures, they can be rather big)

Edit, backface culling now selectable:

Posted Image

1) SharpOcarina v0.2 released: http://magicstone.de/dzd/random/SharpOcarina-v02.rar (still binary only, as there's still too many bugs for my liking...)

- Bugfixes in model and material parser, texture loader and a few other places

- Backface culling can be disabled/enabled per group

- Minor changes in Display List generation

2) SanguinettiMods, just for the record - because that threw me off before as well -, you did try to import your map into a fresh, unpatched Debug ROM and did not load a savestate ex. to get to the map select faster? I had weird collision issues with one of the problem maps Arcaith posted once, because I used a savestate from a different Debug ROM to access map select. The map worked, but it froze when I went to certain places, and some collision polygons were defined as exits which froze the game because there was no exit table defined.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.