SharpOcarina - Zelda OoT Scene Development System

xdaniel

Another alpha related bug; geometry that should be drawn before the water is being drawn after it.

That's weird actually, seeing how any group with an alpha value that isn't 255 should be drawn after all opaque ones, otherwise the translucency might not work correctly. I'm also pretty sure I didn't change anything related to that recently. If I could use mesh type 2 the whole thing should/might be less of a problem, but I have no idea how to calculate the clipping coordinates needed for that.

As for the other texture alpha channel glitches, I cannot say for sure. This is probably another problem with the rendering order, seeing how again alpha is involved. I'll try to experiment with this and see if I can come up with a concrete diagnosis and cure, so to speak...

My friend found an odd glitch while testing a map. I think she may have used some incorrect terrain types.

Edit: No, I think there may be a bug somewhere. I'll do some more testing.

It might actually be a problem with the polygon type, see what the "Terrain Type" and "Environment" options are set to, and try setting them both to 0 if they aren't already.

If I could use mesh type 2 the whole thing should/might be less of a problem, but I have no idea how to calculate the clipping coordinates needed for that.

Try:

clip.min.x = dl_min.x - draw_distance;

clip.min.z = dl_min.z - draw_distance;

clip.max.x = dl_max.x + draw_distance;

clip.max.z = dl_max.z + draw_distance;

You could also go around this whole problem by setting the 'far' display list to the same one as the near display list.

Another few suggestions I have is to let you name your collision types so you don't get confused with what is what, and a "reload Scene" button so you don't have to go back and select the scene every time you make a change.

Oh, something you may for forgotten or overlooked is a "going down" ladder collision type - so you can get down ladders. Also crawlspace collision types.

Edited by Okami Amaterasu

Uhm, an update of sorts, I guess - although I mainly want to say I haven't worked on this in a while, got distracted by WW/TP as one can probably see from the WW hacking thread. Do note that I am still reading this thread, have read your suggestions (here and in PMs), but don't yet have anything to say about them. I will keep them in mind, tho.

I still don't fully understand how to make transition actors in SharpOcarina...

Do I have to have the object loaded for the door model?

What are the appropriate values for the Cam, and the number and variable?

Why the camera suddenly goes all weird, and doesn't follow link.

What are you trying to do? Use a door, or a plane (as in the "Room Changing Black Plane" actor)?

A door, preferably one that raises up, but values for a normal door would be helpful aswell if I don't want to post again when I want to make another door.

Front Switch: 00

Cam : (Room number, starting at 01)

Back Switch: 00

Cam: FF

Uhm, you switched the options around; the Front/Back Switch options are the room numbers to switch to, depending on the side of the door, Cam is how the camera reacts during the transition (00, 0F, FF being valid, I think?).

okay, I got the door to work, but it doesn't load the next room.

And, I still don't like the maximum scale cap of 20, as when I used the old importer, I normally set the scale to around 40 or so. The reason I use the scale, is because with Lightwave, the modeling program I use, it uses meters, not arbitrary units. I make my rooms reasonably large, but not enormous. For instance, the ceiling to a hallway would be 3 meters tall. If I wanted to scale it manually, I would also have to fix all of the texture scale and stuff, which is a pain.

Kargaroc: What values did you put in for front switch [__] cam [__] fack switch [__] cam [__] ?

I tried 00/00 and 01/FF

And about lightwave, I don't think is has that, although I think that 1 meter already does equal one unit.

But once again, that would require me to fix all the maps I have already done.

I tried 00/00 and 01/FF

And about lightwave, I don't think is has that, although I think that 1 meter already does equal one unit.

But once again, that would require me to fix all the maps I have already done.

Try

00/01 00/ FF

It should be something like

front switch [00] cam [FF] back switch [01] cam [FF] OR

front switch [01] cam [FF] back switch [00] cam [FF]

Front Switch : Room to Switch to when you go through the door. in this case, 01

Back Switch, Room to Switch to when you go through the door from the back, in this case, 00.

What I did, I copied the values xdaniel had for his "Test Dungeon"

Which was

Front Switch: Room to Switch to

Cam: 01

BackSwitch: 00

Cam FF

for all of them

What I did, I copied the values xdaniel had for his "Test Dungeon"

Which was

Front Switch: Room to Switch to

Cam: 01

BackSwitch: 00

Cam FF

for all of them

Sorry, but that can't be. Looking at "Demo Scene.xml", the values are:

<FrontSwitchTo>1</FrontSwitchTo>
	  <FrontCamera>255</FrontCamera>
	  <BackSwitchTo>0</BackSwitchTo>
	  <BackCamera>255</BackCamera>

<FrontSwitchTo>2</FrontSwitchTo>

<FrontSwitchTo>3</FrontSwitchTo>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.