SharpOcarina - Zelda OoT Scene Development System

xdaniel

I can't get the game to spawn saria, I put her in my Temple of the Four entrance and I can't get her to show up! I've entered in all the information and everything!

this is what is entered:

Object 00BC

Number: 0146

Variable: 0001

can someone tell me whats going on with this?

also having trouble with ruto...

yes i am entering in their objects in the object box

00A1 00A3 Child Princess Ruto

0002 = Ruto, plays cutscene from Jabu-Jabu’s Belly when you first meet her (use Moonjump or NOCLIP)

ruto appears to be there as you can target her, but her model isn't showing up and you can't speak to her

Whats going on is that you've chosen event dependent. Saria has at least 3 separate events that decide if she is in front of link's house, at the meadow, or at her own house. She might also be scene dependent, I can't recall.

I'm not even going to get into all the hoops you'll have to jump through to make them work. You'd have to want them BAD to make it worthe the effort.

Kokiri are scene dependent. Let me save you a lot more pain.

Actors that are picky:

Kokiri are scene dependent, and age dependent. Requires at 2 groups/objects to load. Group 00C5 + another group.

Carpenters are scene and age dependent.

Nabooru is age, and event dependent.

Malon is scene, and event dependent. (Maybe age too not sure.)

Talon and Ingo are scene, age, and event dependent.

Cursed, and uncursed house of skulltula npcs are represent by two differnt actors.

Actors that are not picky.

Common NPC's, town and Village actors. Work fine anywhere any time. Requires at 2 groups/objects to load. Group 00C5 + another group.

Most Guards, Gorons, Zoras, and Gerudo should all be ok, with the exceptions of ones tied to events like the Zora looking for Ruto's when you find her note, or the dying guard in the back alley after Ganon invades, ect.

Child zelda no, but talking to her triggers a cutscene. When loaded in a different environment, you'll find her staring out a window that isn't there, and she still goes through her intro induction cutscene without missing a beat.

Adult zelda, there is more than version of. The tower version is crazy event dependent.

Child Malon might work well for you. She is more event dependent than scene dependent. Load the version(variable for the actor) from the market, and the version from the castle, side by side to cover both events. Don't worry they won't ever appear side by side. The ranch version(variable) will only show up after you wake talon.

Sorry for the really late reply. Yes, to make things not have collision would be to have them in the room file and not the collision file. I think it would make more sense to have the mesh selector use the collision file and not the room file for setting collision and such for that and a few other reasons. Also I have another suggestion: Have different meshes be selectable by using the right mouse button and have multiple meshes be selected by holding ctrl and the right mouse button. It would make selecting certain mesh a lot easier then scrolling through and looking for it.

this is the correct info for the goron, right?

objects

00C9

00C5

Number

01AE

Variable

this is the info for the goron that is by the altar, correct? becuase whenever i enter my level the game crashes.

(sorry if i'm being a pain)

Loose the 00C5 group, it is only need for the actors I specifically listed it for earlier.

Try other variables for the Goron first, to establish if the problem is related to that variable or the actor as a whole.

well I'm using 00c5 for a zora or does the zora not need 00c5?

No, Zora's don't need 00C5. Just Kokiri and towns folk.

Excuse me for posting again, but... I've been hearing about people making doors. How do you make doors? Do they require any additional importing into the ROM?

Doors are transition actors, and are handled by the transitions\spawns tab.

(image)

Teeny tiny glitch; not sure what's causing it.

Is there any transparency in the ground polygon you've got behind the gate? That rendering error happens all the time in SketchUp; multiple alpha channels seem to be generally hated by every computer on the planet.

bug2.png

Another alpha related bug; geometry that should be drawn before the water is being drawn after it.

Also, third bug which I don't have a picture for; the cobweb texture in the Deku Tree doesn't reimport well and causes a similar alpha glitch to the earlier posted one. Will make a screen shortly.

edit:

bug3.png

As you can see it also happens on the vines, though to a lesser extent. It also doesn't seem to happen on all surfaces.

Posted Image

Teeny tiny glitch; not sure what's causing it.

Completely off topic, but your maps always look amazing. I keep wanting to explore those areas.

Could the error be caused by the lighting? Try building the map in v04, indoor to test it. Use v04, not v05 to test since v05 seems to add lighting whether you want it or not. You can hack in the skybox manually after the build to see if it makes any difference.

No, I don't think it's a lighting error since it's happening selectively on certain faces in the same scene and not on others. Using v04 doesn't seem to help, the result is the same.

gfxglitch.png

bug3.png

I just realized that the glitch in these two is the same, it's showing through to the skybox, or lack thereof. Except it's not happening on every surface. And I can't think why.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.