SharpOcarina - Zelda OoT Scene Development System

xdaniel

Alright, I'm having some trouble with multiple rooms.

First, I go through my door, and my second room loads. A waterbox that is supposed to be there isn't, it is only present in the first room.

Second, When I go through my door to my second room, and then go back to my first room som actors (Specifically Boulders) Disappear.

And Third, Treasure Chest Actors in the second room, register as if they were in the first room, so I need to change the Identifier in the variable... (Unless that's supposed to happen?)

You need a separate waterbox for each room but at the moment SharpOcarina will only assign them to room 0. You could change that manually or just wait until the feature is included in the program.

I don't know what the problem with your actors is, but it might help to read this page.

@SanguinettiMods thanks!

here is the level!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=n7MbXif--rE

oh, and, my actors aren't showing up. I went to the z64 wiki on spinouts site. I read the Stalfos and I entered in this info: Number: 0002

Variable: 0002

that should be the combo for a stalfos that jumps out of the ground. am i doing something wrong?

I want to put things in their respective locations, like 4 stalfos where the quarry are, a stalchild where the carrot goes, etc. etc.

Gazpacho146: You've got to add their respective objects to the room as well. On the "Objects & Actors" tab, press "Add Object", then double-click on the just added "0000" in the list, enter the object number - in the Stalfos' case 0032 - and press enter. That should be enough to make most actors show up. Bosses and the like are dependant on other factors, so you likely won't be able to add them to your map.

Switches are actor number 012A. They require object 0003, which along with 0002 shouldn't be loaded per room (like ex. the Stalfos), but are automatically loaded depending on what kind of scene you have - 0002 is loaded for outdoor areas like Hyrule Field, while 0003 is used in dungeons. In the case of SharpOcarina, this is part of the catch-all option "Outdoor Scene" on the "General" tab. You get a blue switch using the variable xx20, where xx is the switch flag. More about switches and how to use them to activate things is here: http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Modification_and_Addition_of_Switches

There was one thing I wanted to ask Xdan, I don't think you saw the question or I missed the answer so I'll repost, Is it possible to add a feature to import wavepoints from an existing map to our custom one? I know there are couple maps I want to replace but I don't want to lose the wavepoints so our actors aren't running all over the place.

Zeth: I don't think I'll be adding that kinda feature to SharpOcarina itself, but I could make a separate command line tool or something that takes a ROM and scene number as parameters, and spits out a XML file from which you can take the waypoints and copy'n'paste them over to your SharpOcarina scene XML. Well, once waypoints are implemented in SharpOcarina anyway, they aren't yet supported after all...

xdan, I wanted to ask you about something, I think I've said before, going through one room, and going back through the door make some actors disappear.

Specifically ones that are there temporarily (That you can destroy). I can make a video if you don't understand my problem, but I'd really like to get that figured out. :) Also, Let's say I had a treasure Chest in one room (0200) and one in another room (0200), I should be able to keep the Identifier (the last digit, 0) the same, since It's in a different room, right? It doesn't seem to work that way...

SanguinettiMods: Treasure chest are scene-wide - with 32 or so possible chests per scene - as far as I know, not just per room. As for other actors, I can't say for sure, seeing how I haven't been dealing with actually creating maps much yet. Guess I need to read the Wiki page about switches myself :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.