Latest game pick-up thread

xdaniel

• 3 weeks later...

Today, I was originally on the lookout for a copy of Mega Man Legends for PSX (*hint, Capcom, hint!*). I did find copies of Mega Man 8, X4, X5 and X6 - which I did not yet buy - but also found and bought something unexpected:

- Kaze no Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PSX, NTSC-J)

- Akumajou Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku (PSX, NTSC-J)

...both are disc-only, sadly, but hey! Japanese PSX games in basically a mom-and-pop game shop? And for 10€ each? Why not? :P

• 4 weeks later...

Bought a few things lately, but this one probably takes the cake:

Posted Image

Mega Man: The Wily Wars (PAL) for Mega Drive - only released in Japan and Europe and usually expensive as hell. And what did I pay for it? 33 € (47.50 USD). Another complete copy of the game was sold on eBay Germany a few weeks ago for 190 € (273.50 USD).

• 1 month later...

Yes, Fox still does have daddy's shades.

As for the multiplayer, apparently, only the Arwing can be used in Battle Mode.

Also, Expert Mode is fucking insane. I almost died on Corneria and Sector Y. Just got to Aquas. You take massive damage VERY quickly.

Lesson: DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE!

Posted Image

- Original Game Boy (few scratches, battery cover intact, just needs some more cleaning)

- Tetris (GB, EU)

- The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse (SNES, PAL)

- Dokapon Journey (NDS, US, manual looks almost brand new)

- Shadow Hearts: Covenant (PS2, PAL)

And man, that Game Boy makes me feel really nostalgic... The only thing that's somehow off is that I kept thinking that "I am the man who arranges the blocks" :D

Yes, Fox still does have daddy's shades.

As for the multiplayer, apparently, only the Arwing can be used in Battle Mode.

Also, Expert Mode is fucking insane. I almost died on Corneria and Sector Y. Just got to Aquas. You take massive damage VERY quickly.

Lesson: DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE!

Love the shades, so yay. <3

Also, I just got sad-face over Arwing-only battle mode. :D

Yes, I'd imagine it to be very hard.

And yeah, lesson duly noted. :3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First of all, got Terraria in the 24-hour sale on Steam a few days ago, replacing my pirated copy of 1.0.6 or whichever.

Second, what I assume has been my last flea market haul this year: Terranigma (SNES), Game & Watch Gallery Advance (GBA), Mega Man III (GB) and Pop'n Twinbee (GB), all loose and all PAL/EUR. And Twinbee's apparently dead. Dies either right on bootup or after the Konami logo, despite all the usual measures (contact cleaning, etc.) Oh well, it was cheap, plus I got Terranigma for cheap so it kinda balances out.

Anonymous Notes I: From the Abyss

For $2.00 it's a pretty fun pick-up-and-play mini-RPG. Neat combat/skill system and addictive (with some limitation). My only gripe so far is the rather high difficulty/level length curve and the lack of varying level designs. You get what you pay for, I guess.

• 1 month later...

- Konami GB Collection Vol. 3 (GBC, EUR) ...and guess what, it contains the dead Twinbee from my last post here! So all is well.

- Lufia (SNES, PAL), which I actually started to play earlier today! We'll see if I actually continue playing it, tho...

- GG Shinobi (Game Gear, EUR)

Sadly all loose, but what can you do...

(And unrelated to games, got some PC parts to fix up and upgrade my secondary Pentium D machine - a new PSU, more RAM, better CPU cooler to overclock it, and got my old GeForce 8500 GT in there; see the third CPU-Z validation in my signature :))

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.