Latest game pick-up thread

xdaniel

I've got a part time job baby sitting (getting paid 6 bucks an hour to play video games) so I'll probably post stuff more often.

I got an unused dreamcast VMU with the pull tag (is that the right word?) is still in the system, it was 3 bucks at half price books

Also:

Sea Hunt for 2600, batman for the nes and roller tycoon 2 for my mac

Flea market day has come and gone... or, well, it's still going, but I'm back home now. Anyway, here's what I got:

• AeroGauge (N64, PAL, loose): 4€
  • original PlayStation, SCPH-7502 PAL (loose, with AV cable and a... SNES controller): 6€
AeroGauge works, not much else to say about it. It's not exactly a great game, but I had fun playing it emulated, so why not?

As for the PSX... well, it's pretty beat up, the controller and memcard slots are bent inward slightly, and - what I only noticed when I tried to put a game in - it's missing the spindle that holds the CD in place. But everything else works, video and audio, controllers, memory cards, and, although I can't be sure since the drive's damaged as mentioned, it seems it might have a modchip installed. There's wires soldered onto the board in one corner, underneath some shielding that looks like it's been removed and resoldered to the board before, which go into something wrapped in red electrical tape.

I don't have a photo of how it looked before, but after some scrubbing with... abrasive cleaner I think it's called? Whatever, some scrubbing with that later, the most severe dirt and grime is gone, as well as some sticker that was on the CD lid (DBZ's Vegeta, I think, it was pretty faded...). Also ended up buying some spare parts on eBay some 30 minutes ago (another mainboard, memcard/controller board, drive and wires) for another 13€. Hope I'll be able to get this to work again~

Will take a photo of the thing once/if it works, or at least once I put it back together :P

Temporarily - because of too short wires - attached a PSone drive to the flea market PSX, and... it boots PAL games. The PSX is working!

And... it boots my sole Japanese game! Woohoo!

Aaaaand... it boots burned CDs!! OMG! Enter a CD-R of the Rockman DASH "Capcom Friendly Club" demo:

Posted Image

Posted Image

(...and that CD was actually spinning :P)

(...and even on that photo one can see the messed up screen geometry of my TV; the image is tilted slightly to the right, for instance -.-)

• Like 1

I recently opened up my nes and disabled the 10nes chip to allow it to play pirate games and stop the looping reset even if the game is inserted correctly. if you want to see what i did look for the chip in the lower left corner missing a forth pin counting from the left

Posted Image

I also bought for the nes

Battle kid: fortress of peril which is a great NEW nes game which is well worth the 30 bucks, and I got vindicators and gauntlet on the pirate tengen carts

and then I bought a copy of smash bros brawl

Edited by cdogwashere
  • Like 1

Please allow me to properly introduce everyone to my PSX (and its spare parts) now :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

• One Sony PlayStation, SCPH-7502 w/ non-stealth modchip and Xplorer FX cartridge
  • One SCPH-7502 mainboard w/ non-stealth modchip and broken parallel I/O port
  • One CD-ROM drive w/o spindle
  • One bent controller port and memory card assembly
  • One messy floor and shelf
  • Like 1

Please allow me to properly introduce everyone to my PSX (and its spare parts) now :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

• One Sony PlayStation, SCPH-7502 w/ non-stealth modchip and Xplorer FX cartridge
  • One SCPH-7502 mainboard w/ non-stealth modchip and broken parallel I/O port
  • One CD-ROM drive w/o spindle
  • One bent controller port and memory card assembly
  • One messy floor and shelf

Whats the "XPLORER" thing on the ps1 do?

So something I bought a while back finally came in the mail today! I got a really good deal on it which is why I jumped on this to begin with a while back as most of these games run almost $40-60+ by themselves and I got it all for $200 with shipping. Now to eventually get me a 64DD when my financial situation improves but for now, I'm one step closer! 8D

Posted Image

Posted Image

PS: The mouse actually works on OOT and Banjo Kazooie to control your character! XD

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Double Posting goodness! With my latest paycheck after paying for my bills, I had some money left over, so I went to ebay hoping to find something rather remarkable for a small bid price and I did! After investing a good amount to secure the bid, I got this game for only $66! :3

Not only rare and hard to get a hold of, but at the same time, I'm hoping it will help me understand the connectivity between cartridge to DISK.

Posted Image

• Like 2

i picked up this week

- batman(snes)

-mario paint(snes)

-jurassic park (snes)(im currently building up my snes game collection i know these games arent the best but when they are a dollar a piece it is very much worth it)

i will be picking up starfox (snes) with manual and streetfighter II(snes) very soon

august 31 (i picked up a GBC today with conkers pocket tales

Posted Image^_^

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.