The Sheikah's Apprentice [UPDATE:7/18/15]

sairugoth

Holy Shit! a zelda mod thats been frequently updated for sometime now, what a surprise...

I'd have maybe taken offense if it wasn't just the plain truth.

Also...

UPDATE:8/26/14

Hero of the game!

Hero_Layout01_zps88fbba97.png

He may not be perfect, but hey, I tried my best. ;) he still needs to be tweaked a bit here and there tho.

I missed that somehow!  Freaken AWSOME!!!

Also, why doesn't the pic repost?  LAME. :(

• Like 2

I'd have maybe taken offense if it wasn't just the plain truth.

Also...

I missed that somehow!  Freaken AWSOME!!!

Also, why doesn't the pic repost?  LAME. :(

If it makes you feel better dude, your probably the only other guy whose still around who can pull of a mod lol, from what i've seen of your most recent mod your map making skills kick ass!

For any and all composers who would like to contribute to my mod, now's your chance.

These are the new areas I'm wanting to make new music for.

Hyrule Field

Hyrule Field in Winter

Mission Village

Kokiri Forest

Thunder Surge Temple

Earth Temple

Hydro Temple

Snow-Top Temple

Twilight Temple

Sky Temple

(I did try my hand at composing, but I just didn't have the knack for it)

The only requirements for these songs is that they gotta meet all the requirements for importing in-game and they gotta be loop-able. This is a totally open thing. You can PM me the song if you want, but just go ahead and post it here on the thread with a URL to your song in your Sound-cloud, or even a YouTube video. What ever works for you. If I like what I hear I'll PM you for the MIDI. :)

• Like 1

I think I might try and do one or two of the locations listed, as I am very interested in this mod.

I will begin composing them shortly, as I have a couple of ideas for the Twilight temple and the Earth temple.
Do you have any themes or motifs you would like me to input into the compositions?  

19:25 - Update - Earth Idea.

I wrote an idea for the Earth Temple.
https://soundcloud.com/jamesandrewharrisgrant/earth-idea

Feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions to what I could do to this piece.

I will begin work on the Twilight Temple idea when I get back from my University enrolment.

Edited by JamesAndrewHarris
  • Like 1

I finally got round to finishing the idea for the Twilight Temple, I wanted to make this confusing and mysterious to listen to this has literally just came from the DAW, as I had struggled with the arrangement and instrument choices for this piece. With this information in mind please be honest in regards to what you think about it.

https://soundcloud.com/jamesandrewharrisgrant/twilight-idea

• Like 1

It sounds awesome man. ;)

But I noticed that you like to build the song up first, and then get to the main part. In my opinion I think it would sound better if you cut some of the build up out and then crop most of the main part of the song, but still making it loop.  I was thinking 0:19 - 2:15 would sound the best if you are able to get them to perfectly loop.

I could try. It was originally much shorter so I could build up tension and leave it unresolved, it was written in a different timing I am not used to so I could rework the build with some new knowledge and fit it from the markers you suggested.

Update - 13:42 - Twilight Idea #2

This version has been shortened to accommodate a lesser sounding build-up. However this piece has the same first selection looped and then used as the second section as an example to show the capabilities of the piece, I composed it so it could be easily looped with itself to lessen issues that could arise. I have re-mixed the piece to be a lot more powerful in the delivery in volume and frequency range, though with the new mix It sounds slightly more ominous but I definitely aimed to keep the same feel as the original. Where you mentioned the build up, it is still present to a lesser degree however it fits alot better due to lack of two different sections needed to be created to keep variation.

I would also like to clarify this piece in terms of design and inspiration, I drew inspiration from stone temple and the shadow temple but from the design of those places not the music, I deliberately implemented this to have a greater effect on the mood of the piece, as it sounds thematically dark and mysterious.

Here is the improved piece - https://soundcloud.com/jamesandrewharrisgrant/twilight-idea-demo-2

If you would like to know any more about the piece I will post some new details about it.

*If you need anything editing to the track or would like anything pertaining to the track PM me as I am going away on Holiday/Vacation tomorrow and will not be back until Friday.

Edited by JamesAndrewHarris
  • Like 3

I could try. It was originally much shorter so I could build up tension and leave it unresolved, it was written in a different timing I am not used to so I could rework the build with some new knowledge and fit it from the markers you suggested.

Update - 13:42 - Twilight Idea #2

This version has been shortened to accommodate a lesser sounding build-up. However this piece has the same first selection looped and then used as the second section as an example to show the capabilities of the piece, I composed it so it could be easily looped with itself to lessen issues that could arise. I have re-mixed the piece to be a lot more powerful in the delivery in volume and frequency range, though with the new mix It sounds slightly more ominous but I definitely aimed to keep the same feel as the original. Where you mentioned the build up, it is still present to a lesser degree however it fits alot better due to lack of two different sections needed to be created to keep variation.

I would also like to clarify this piece in terms of design and inspiration, I drew inspiration from stone temple and the shadow temple but from the design of those places not the music, I deliberately implemented this to have a greater effect on the mood of the piece, as it sounds thematically dark and mysterious.

Here is the improved piece - https://soundcloud.com/jamesandrewharrisgrant/twilight-idea-demo-2

If you would like to know any more about the piece I will post some new details about it.

*If you need anything editing to the track or would like anything pertaining to the track PM me as I am going away on Holiday/Vacation tomorrow and will not be back until Friday.

Its Perfect! Great job man!

Screen-Shot-2013-02-19-at-9.31.19-AM.png

Also.. (kind of a update I guess)

This is to give you guys more of an idea of how the shields play their roll in this mod.

Shields_zps8a37a18c.png

• Like 3

For any and all composers who would like to contribute to my mod, now's your chance.

These are the new areas I'm wanting to make new music for.

Hyrule Field

Mission Village

Kokiri Forest

Thunder Surge Temple

Earth Temple

Hydro Temple

Snow-Top Temple

Twilight Temple

Sky Temple

(I did try my hand at composing, but I just didn't have the knack for it)

The only requirements for these songs is that they gotta meet all the requirements for importing in-game and they gotta be loop-able. This is a totally open thing. You can PM me the song if you want, but just go ahead and post it here on the thread with a URL to your song in your Sound-cloud, or even a YouTube video. What ever works for you. If I like what I hear I'll PM you for the MIDI. :)

I really would love to work on it for you, but i'm not sure how i would turn it into midi. Can't i just send you in mp3?