What injuries do you have?

Your Local Cultist

Ugh, where to begin?

1. Cut on my forehead when I fell backwards off a chair (Seriously, how did this happen? I hit the back of my head, not the front >.>)

2. Broke my pinkie, never put a cast on it. I'm just glad it healed correctly

3. Shocked myself with 120v, accidentally stabbed myself with glass of a light bulb

4. First concussion: fell backwards and hit the back of my head on the bus ride home

5. Second concussion: While in practice for football, I had some head-to-head contact with a teammate.

6. Third concussion: I tackled someone in a football game, then someone bumped into my head

7. Dislocated my shoulder: some teammate in football practice was jealous and decided to eliminate his competition. Ended football for me for the rest of highschool :(

8. Broke my foot while lifting weights

9. Sprained my back on a trampoline. That was NOT a fun few weeks :(

10. Friend accidentally stabbed me in chemistry class with broken glass from a test tube. Caught the flu later waiting in the emergency room

11. Fourth concussion: Fainted in gym class after running 100 something laps around >.>

In the 5th grade, my teacher took recess away from the boys (ridiculous). We had to sit on benches watching the girls have "fun". As a compromise, he allowed us to smash rocks on a tree stump. Smashed every finger, fracturing some I believe—but they've all healed fine.

The summer before that year I stepped on a crab who was turned 90Ëš on its side. Its spike went almost all the way through the arch of my foot. Was stuck on that island for a couple hours before the ferry came back.

Rode an ATV in my friend's backyard once out in the country. Caught too much air, steering locked, and I crashed hard into a pine tree. Broke the ATV and I was flown with great force into some bushes. My body uprooted and flattened them into a bed, which softened my fall.

Jumped over a giant pile of mulch in my neighbor's front yard once, landed hard on her concrete driveway. Still have thick scars on my arm and knees from the carnage.

And some other things, various glass cuts, yadda yadda. Ultimately nothing serious though.

Stupid kid shit.

I've played Lacrosse for England u19s and I'm currently part of the Scotland men's team. Did I mention I'm a goal tender? Well... It's my job to stop solid balls that travel at 90+ mph.I've broken every digit on both hands (multiple times) fractured my shin once, fractured my left wrist, had two concussions and torn a muscle in my right shoulder.Also I have no feeling in my right shin and most of my left one.Other than that, I just get loads of bruises. Standard for lacrosse, haha...Aside from lacrosse, the dumbest injury I ever had was punching through a window in the front door of my house.My brother wouldn't let me in, so I tried to knock loudly so he'd get annoyed. I just ended up with a bloody hand, haha. 

• Like 1

In first grade I had a fight with my arch nemesis (yup, arch nemesis). He made some critical hits so it was hard for me to stand up when he managed to knock me down onto the floor. When he managed to knock me down a third time I was lying face down and tried to stand up again, but then he jumped with his fat a** right onto my head. I had a slight concussion and a wound on my forehead. Now I've got a weird scar on my forehead, but luckily it's pretty small and you can only see it when you get really close to me.

When I was in kindergarten I fell from my bike and scraped my knee pretty bad. After 2 days the wound got infected, but it wasn't really much of a big infection.

Last year a friend of mine got mad at me (I don't know why), so she scratched- oh f**k it, she CUT me with her long a** finger nail. The wound was pretty deep for something you would call a "scratch". I've got a scar on my right arm now.

My tenth grade English teacher brought us outside of our classroom, told us to start running across the parking lot, and pretend that the city was being bombed. She then proceeded to throw rocks at the entire class, and we started really booking it. Me and another kid hid behind a truck because she couldn't throw them at the truck.

We were reading a book that had bombings in it, and she wanted us to feel the fear. Parents were not happy when they heard the news.

I didn't actually get hurt, but I instantly thought about that, so wanted to share it.

Otherwise, just the generic belt-whipping if I was bad (only a few times, thankfully). The sound of my dad's belt being brought out of the loops is a sound I'll never, ever forget. *shudder* Once I managed to stuff my pants full of socks though, and totally got away with it.

My husband has a scar on his eyebrow from what we lovingly call the "Nintendo Scar". When he was little he fell and his NES caught his eyebrow and scraped it down so far that hair doesn't even grow on that part of his eyebrow anymore. Stitches and everything.

My tenth grade English teacher brought us outside of our classroom, told us to start running across the parking lot, and pretend that the city was being bombed. She then proceeded to throw rocks at the entire class, and we started really booking it. Me and another kid hid behind a truck because she couldn't throw them at the truck.

We were reading a book that had bombings in it, and she wanted us to feel the fear. Parents were not happy when they heard the news.

I didn't actually get hurt, but I instantly thought about that, so wanted to share it.

Ugh, I wish more teachers did stuff like that. I remember in 7th grade, we basically role-played the entire history of the United States. Students had to fight in the Revolution, make decisions about slaves, and run our colony/state as representatives. In the wars, we would literally be against one another, and have paper wars and whatnot. It was a very effective system, and we all had 95+ averages, including the written final, the entire year. Worked like a charm; scored a 98 on my U.S. state test this year. But I digress.

Another injury I forgot (somehow) is when I broke my hip. I was in 3rd grade, and my best friend got a zipline. Well, I went on the zipline, and then physics happened. After coming to a complete stop, I flew off the zipline and landed on my hip, breaking it. Not. Fun. At. ALL.

• 2 months later...

I doubt I could remember half the time I've gotten hurt there are so many.

One indecent that comes to mind is when I was cutting black tape that was holding separate cords for my Gamecube together

(I think I was 12 then.. maybe 13)

I don't know why, but my mother had decided to use a lot of tape when she had taped up the cords, so I had to use extra force to cut it efficiently. I forget how exactly my hands were positioned, but

I remember I was pressing hard against the tape with a steak knife I was using and when the tape cut, I stabbed myself between my index finger and my thumb. The blade went an entire inch maybe a little over, into my hand it happened so fast that I pulled the blade out as nearly as fast as it went in. When the knife came out so did a piece of meat that was still connected to me. I was young, so yeah I was on the verge of crying. So after I got finished screaming curse words, and speed walking around the house, I layed my hand flat against the counter and cut the meat off, and waited for my mom to get home as I suffered some of the worst pain I've ever felt.

Another time I was skateboarding going down a steep road when I hit a pebble that was just a little too big. I guess cause I was going so fast it made it easier to throw me off. I broke my arm pretty close to my wrist. That wasn't nearly as painful as when I had accidentally stabbed myself.

oh i almost forgot, one time when i was little my dad let me ride of the bottom of the shopping cart, and i got my finger sucked into the wheel and my fingernail got ripped off. he never let me ride under the cart again.

ooohh god, I've lost a fingernail before. Just thinking about how it feels *shudders*

oh i almost forgot, one time when i was little my dad let me ride of the bottom of the shopping cart, and i got my finger sucked into the wheel and my fingernail got ripped off. he never let me ride under the cart again.

Exact same thing happened to me, but the rest of the skin on my pinky came with it too. 

Along with that, I cut myself across the knee with a broken piece of coffee cup, so deep that I didn't even notice until my dad started freaking out, I got that same knee broken by a guy in basketball who kicked the side of it, I got in a fist fight with some guy, missed his face, busted through the wall, but busted all of my fingers while I was at it (there was a metal bar behind the drywall) and just today, I kicked aside a pile of clothes in my sister's room, only to find that there was a partially dismantled VCR under them, that happened to have a reeeeeally sharp corner. That corner ripped my foot from the tip of my middle toe, down to the arch. Again, didn't notice until I turned around and saw the carpet was covered in blood. I probably should have gone and got stitches, but I had work, so I just wrapped it up, and put on my shoes. We'll see how that goes. 

1. banged by forehead on a skate hanging in someone else's basement, mother never came even though I screamed and cried, ended up with a long-ass horn of a bump on my head (like a unicorn, but not really...)

2. trip numerous times from lack of coordination...

3. hit my head on things a lot from lack of coordination...

4. grated my fingers on a cheese grater a few times.

5. nearly stabbed myself with a meat knife a few time because I would daze off pointing it towards me (yeah, very very bad).

6. bump into walls/lose balance and hit myself on things.

7. rammed my feet, legs, etc... into corners of tables, chairs, freezer causing excruciating pain from lack of coordination...

8. was bullied on a tire bridge, while kids jumped on it to the point of half of my thumb nail bending backwards from my thumb.

Accidents are frequent for me to the point of being as bad as an injury. I should probably have had a broken limb from my past accidents, but otherwise just faced bad scrapings and severe agony. Lucky on numerous occasions.

I probably have more injuries that have happened, but I prefer to forget about the past.

Come to think of it, my grandpa thought it would teach me how to do things on my own if I plugged in his satellite box (I think he was being lazy). Anyways, I did get shocked, a small electrocute jolt which made me cry. I touched one of the prongs, and I think it was a 3-prong plug, or it might've been 2-pronged. Anyways, it made my arm, and the rest of me, vibrate painfully.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.