Fall of Antiqua

Mellow

Wait, how long has this project been going on for, and how big will it be. Looks like you have a big team so make sure to not end up like Ura, have constant meetings and everyone make sure to tell others about any concerns about the project. Being open is the secret to a successful marr-err, I mean, project.;)

• Like 1

Wait, how long has this project been going on for, and how big will it be. Looks like you have a big team so make sure to not end up like Ura, have constant meetings and everyone make sure to tell others about any concerns about the project. Being open is the secret to a successful marr-err, I mean, project. ;)

We are pretty much in one huge, perpetual meeting at all times. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Also, the project has been going for several months now, at least in the way that it is now. it was inactive and lacking members for a good long while, but the current team and progress was started several months ago.

So can I just post my speculation? 

I don't think Link will be included into this game maybe a distance ancestor.

I think this is going to talk about either Majoras background or some sort of new storyline. 

I think 7 gems/flame thingys have something to do with the plot.

That's all I can gather :)

AND MELLOW DON'T SAY IF I AM RIGHT OR NOT JUST NOD YOUR HEAD PLEASE <3

After looking at the rotation GIF of the model, I'm gonna go ahead and say that the man in the mask is an older version of the Observatory Worker. He always seemed mysterious...

I like how you reference him as the Observatory "Worker". Yet we don't see him doing very much work in there. All he does is play with children, which isn't creepy at all, no... Also, I wonder what he looks at with that telescope...

So, I have a serious question for all of you.

The past few days, the team and I have been tossing around an idea. A pretty radical idea. This idea is to create an entirely new world, and entirely new adventure. With new characters, new protagonists, new everything. And most of all, a completely fresh storyline. The team and I have already founded a rather remarkable story to begin with if we were to take this route, but taking this route would be an entire change in direction from the original purpose of this project. This project would no longer be a Zelda story, or even Majora's Mask. It would be a new, fresh story within the Z64 engine. It would be a Zelda-like, rather than a Zelda. And I think that is beautiful. Everyone and their grandmother is trying to make a Zelda mod with a Zelda story, and that is alright. But when you do that, you have to be very careful when writing the story, because one wrong step with get you the branding some weird fanfic, and that isn't good. If we were to write the history of Termina, some would like it, yeah, but a lot would find themselves thinking that it does not live up to what they thought Termina was. However, when writing a completely new story, there is a broader horizon. There is no canon that you have to step around, because you are creating your own canon.

So, I want to ask all of you. Do you want an incredible new story, or a telling of Termina's past in the eyes of the team?

• Like 2

So, I have a serious question for all of you.

The past few days, the team and I have been tossing around an idea. A pretty radical idea. This idea is to create an entirely new world, and entirely new adventure. With new characters, new protagonists, new everything. And most of all, a completely fresh storyline. The team and I have already founded a rather remarkable story to begin with if we were to take this route, but taking this route would be an entire change in direction from the original purpose of this project. This project would no longer be a Zelda story, or even Majora's Mask. It would be a new, fresh story within the Z64 engine. It would be a Zelda-like, rather than a Zelda. And I think that is beautiful. Everyone and their grandmother is trying to make a Zelda mod with a Zelda story, and that is alright. But when you do that, you have to be very careful when writing the story, because one wrong step with get you the branding some weird fanfic, and that isn't good. If we were to write the history of Termina, some would like it, yeah, but a lot would find themselves thinking that it does not live up to what they thought Termina was. However, when writing a completely new story, there is a broader horizon. There is no canon that you have to step around, because you are creating your own canon.

So, I want to ask all of you. Do you want an incredible new story, or a telling of Termina's past in the eyes of the team?

That's what I would have done if I started a mod.

Incredible new story! play as some other person instead of link? maybe a new character like a pirate/grudeo or as some totally new character from a new race?

edit: fixed some broken grammar

Edited by cdogwashere

I think I would personally prefer to see it stay a Zelda mod.

Not sure if I am understanding you correctly or not, but regardless of the decision we make, it will always be a Zelda mod. Only there will potentially be an entirely new world and story separate from Zelda canon.

However, if you already knew that and you meant you would prefer a Zelda story, I've noted that.

It depends on what constitutes a "Zelda" story.

What about combining the ideas? You have an interesting idea to show off Termina's past...but do it with a new protagonist. Instead of Link, you'll use that new character to show life in Termina, ect. You can expand on Termina's world, rather than just have the main hub with three (wow brain fart) four compass points.

Just an idea, I think you can have both a new story, new characters, and new maps while telling Termina's past.

Well, either way, with the story we were writing for the pre-Majora's Mask story, we had already planned to have a protagonist who was not Link. What I am split between myself, is this entirely new world with Zelda elements that we have concocted, with the pre-existant Termina. A new protagonist, new story, new characters, new world... new everything. And I am very unsure of what decision to might, even though the majority of the team is on board with this idea of the new world I have shared with them. Which is why I turned to the community to help with my decision. 

Well, either way, with the story we were writing for the pre-Majora's Mask story, we had already planned to have a protagonist who was not Link. What I am split between myself, is this entirely new world with Zelda elements that we have concocted, with the pre-existant Termina. A new protagonist, new story, new characters, new world... new everything. And I am very unsure of what decision to might, even though the majority of the team is on board with this idea of the new world I have shared with them. Which is why I turned to the community to help with my decision. 

I see.

Well, I say if most of your team is on board with the idea, then do what you want to do. You aren't going to have fun working on something that you don't want to put out. You'll have more fun doing what story you want to tell and what you want people to see.

If you make it, people will play it. No matter what it is. There's always gonna be someone who whines that it won't be "Zelda", but I doubt most people will.

I'm interested in seeing what you can do with the Z64 engine and make everything new. I'll vote for new everything.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.