The Official Drawing Thread

LEepicPOULET

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wanted a little practice drawing someone from above, but it became a full picture.

Posted Image

Likey!

Anyway, I'm sure you guys seen this back in November or whatever,

Posted Image

Thanks to Sang for saying she looked too "manly" <_< jk

I'm glad he and Ryo crititcized- might make a new one. Still trying to master a drawing tablet though, so...

I just wanted a little practice drawing someone from above, but it became a full picture.

RoseVineRenaFinished.png

Amazing work, as usual. :)

I love the look of fear she has in her eyes. :D

FemaleHoL.png

I'm glad he and Ryo crititcized- might make a new one. Still trying to master a drawing tablet though, so...

Oh, I remember that; truth be told, it never looked like a girl to me. Just a young boy.

Now, if you ask me, the body needs curves where women have 'em, and most importantly... BEWBZ.

Good luck with your next rendition.

Here's a concept drawing I did long ago of a pirate I wanted to make for a game or a comic or something. Sadly, since I've never made a game in my life, and I'm much too busy to do anything comic-wise, he was lost in my photobucket account. I FOUND HIM!

MrTweeflat.png

That's awesome! If I were to guess, would Mr. Twee go on drunken adventures? Or beat the ever-loving shit out of unruly patrons in his mess hall?

That second guess exists because, well, the ladle has to exist for a reason.

Holy crap, this old thred I started is still up :o

Man, it's been a long time since I started this, but looking back at my old drawing, it sucks! Man, i've improved so much since then, but I guess that was the past, I should put on a new drawing, since it's just been so long.

There's always room for improvement XD Show us what ya got!

Amazing work, as usual. :)

I love the look of fear she has in her eyes. :D

Thanks, I still have so much to improve on, though ^_^

Likey!

FemaleHoL.png

Thanks, and if I may offer some sugesstions, eyelashes might assist slightly, long sharp ones for serious females, long, yet thin and many eyelashes for more playful ones (That's what I tend to do, anyway, feel free to expirement and see what feel you obtain, it's different for everyone and their own style.) Eyebrows also tend to be a bit more thin on anime females. The face is the most important part of the character, it defines them, especially the eyes. I do like the trim you added, and the concept is well thought out.

GhadinInManorFinished.png

Remember the girl with the green eyes I showed earlier? Meet her father <_<

(I need so much work on my backgrounds :( And clothing folds D8)

• Like 4

Thanks, and if I may offer some sugesstions, eyelashes might assist slightly, long sharp ones for serious females, long, yet thin and many eyelashes for more playful ones (That's what I tend to do, anyway, feel free to expirement and see what feel you obtain, it's different for everyone and their own style.) Eyebrows also tend to be a bit more thin on anime females. The face is the most important part of the character, it defines them, especially the eyes. I do like the trim you added, and the concept is well thought out.

Remember the girl with the green eyes I showed earlier? Meet her father <_<

(I need so much work on my backgrounds :( And clothing folds D8)

One of the most helpful criticisms ever! (No offense, Blinx; I kept your tip in mind, too :P) I'm still practicing, as I'm learning on my own (yup, that's how rural my town is. We don't even have an art teacher!) I've been drawing since I was little, but I struggle with proportions and such.

Btw, like the father concept :) And you're not the only one who has to work on backgrounds... or clothing folds :mellow:

One of the most helpful criticisms ever! (No offense, Blinx; I kept your tip in mind, too :P) I'm still practicing, as I'm learning on my own (yup, that's how rural my town is. We don't even have an art teacher!) I've been drawing since I was little, but I struggle with proportions and such.

Btw, like the father concept :) And you're not the only one who has to work on backgrounds... or clothing folds :mellow:

Oh, you're self taught? That's amazing! I had art teachers try to teach me some traditional art, but I never had the touch.

Lately, when I draw, I sit and open up ten tabs on DevainArt, all tutorials and pictures done by artists that I love. So most of my digital art technique is self-taught, though Mom has pushed me a little (Buys me magazines about digital art, tells me to use the techniques), and critiques from my friends have helped me so much more than I can describe. The internet is one of the best reference sources, as well as tutorial sources.

• Like 1

Oh, you're self taught? That's amazing! I had art teachers try to teach me some traditional art, but I never had the touch.

Lately, when I draw, I sit and open up ten tabs on DevainArt, all tutorials and pictures done by artists that I love. So most of my digital art technique is self-taught, though Mom has pushed me a little (Buys me magazines about digital art, tells me to use the techniques), and critiques from my friends have helped me so much more than I can describe. The internet is one of the best reference sources, as well as tutorial sources.

Ah.. the same technique I do these days! Open up the ol DA and look up some tutorials!:D

My parents aren't really avid "drawers" (don't laugh, Blinx! >8V ).

My dad used to do Cherokee art but he gave that up...

I taught myself as well. I mean... I took art in school, but I would get terrible grades because I never completed anything. I've always tried to draw something that no one's seen before. But it usually ends up with me drawing a bunch of fat people.

And yes, Blinx. He is a drunken, obnoxious cook that works on a pirate ship. He uses both a ladle, and a giant cast-iron cauldron as his weapons. IF ONLY I COULD MAKE GAMES! ARR!

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.