Zelda's Eternal Youth Hack - [MORE UPDATES!!!]

Airikita

Just an Idea to add or replace the jump attack with the downthrust from Zelda II Like this

Sorry, but I already replaced the jump attack with the beta jump attack. That one isn't really obvious anyways.

EDIT:

Working on the female model:

GirlChoice3_zps20aefe4e.png

UPDATE: Minimap is now disabled in all areas from HUD... sound effect also skipped as a result.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to experiment today:

HeartLength_hack2_zps49ad3f53.png

Before the hearts only took up 2 lines, but I modified the code to be less "fixed".

The function I'm editing has more to it, which includes all HUD item positions. I found a way to do A+B switched, and the new heart meter will allow more to it for sure. I might place the magic meter on the bottom-right of the screen for more flexibility for the heart meter.

I was planning on making the hearts just one big heart, but it seems like more editing than it should be. Although, pretty sure the new heart meter will have to be limited so that it doesn't obstruct the screen, but this will allow a larger number of hearts to be obtained.

UPDATE:

Magic meter repositioned too.

Note:

The heart meter is a custom code, Nintendo did the lovely job in making it only detect the jump at the 10th heart, so I did the work of dividing the total number of hearts by 13, forcing the jump at the remainder.

This can allow me to change the width of the meter by changing one value, and practically add a shitload of hearts as I wish. Though, at the expense of covering part of the screen, lol.

EDIT 2:

New Rupee counter:

NewHUD_A_zps552d4386.png

With some maths, I replaced Nintendo's fixed routine for rupees. Ironically there was even a 4th upgrade slot, and the 4th digit slot was empty for use. It's almost as if there was a 4th rupee upgrade bag with 4 digits, but was scrapped.

A perfect fit too, no code hooks, but just a really optimized mathematical algorithm procedure.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

HeartLength_hack2_zps49ad3f53.png

Before the hearts only took up 2 lines, but I modified the code to be less "fixed".

The function I'm editing has more to it, which includes all HUD item positions. I found a way to do A+B switched, and the new heart meter will allow more to it for sure. I might place the magic meter on the bottom-right of the screen for more flexibility for the heart meter.

I was planning on making the hearts just one big heart, but it seems like more editing than it should be. Although, pretty sure the new heart meter will have to be limited so that it doesn't obstruct the screen, but this will allow a larger number of hearts to be obtained.

UPDATE:

Note:

The heart meter is a custom code, Nintendo did the lovely job in making it only detect the jump at the 10th heart, so I did the work of dividing the total number of hearts by 13, forcing the jump at the remainder.

This can allow me to change the width of the meter by changing one value, and practically add a shitload of hearts as I wish. Though, at the expense of covering part of the screen, lol.

EDIT 2:

New Rupee counter:

NewHUD_A_zps552d4386.png

With some maths, I replaced Nintendo's fixed routine for rupees. Ironically there was even a 4th upgrade slot, and the 4th digit slot was empty for use. It's almost as if there was a 4th rupee upgrade bag with 4 digits, but was scrapped.

A perfect fit too, no code hooks, but just a really optimized mathematical algorithm procedure.

In early zelda oot footage you can see that there are four digits but that could have been different

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, just coming forward with an update needing some assistance...

Lately it has been a rough few weeks (once again), and I've been struggling to work on a map I wanted to import. SO, since I have only opened it to see it is a mess, and I could not bring myself to edit any of it as I had to lay down and rest LOTS from depression, I am asking the community to help me out with 2 maps.

The first one is this:

MFModSll_zps119f2b47.png

I know it's just UV mapping, but I really need to get out. Plus the grass looks poopy compared to rendering in blender. I don't care so much of the pathway is misaligned, but if anyone wants to help touch up this map, that would be helpful.

Another one is a bit of an oddity... I need a dungeon to look like a digestive system. Not Jabu-Jabu, which is more horizontal, but something vertical and more realistic (I guess using the Magic School Bus episode would be a good start on the concept), but with more rooms, etc... I plan on adding the water, but maybe someone would like to offer making the map?

Considering how much I need to do, the maps are becoming a hassle lately.

I can help fix that map for you ;)

As far as a dungeon gos, I'm going to need to know what weapons Link has in that moment of the game and what his age is (child/adult) I'm not making any promises, but I'll see what I can do in my spare time. Just PM me if your interested. :)

Had some time to switch the Slingshot for the Fishing Rod:

EquippableFishingRod1_zps80c532c9.png

The fun parts:

- Switching Slingshot texture to Rod

- Text to match Fishing Rod information

- Replacing Slingshot GI model with a Fishing Rod item

- Making the Rod usable everywhere (this means likely adding the group to every map... just like Epona, no big deal, but still a lot of work.

- And... allowing Link to "Put Away" the Rod (wish me luck on this one... though might be easier than I anticipate hopefully...)

Some ideas:

Giving Rupees for Fish caught, or just put the fish in a bottle? Might fix being able to use bottle to catch fish, and force Link to use the Fishing Rod. Last size caught will mark the selling price. Should be interesting. I'm not expecting to follow through on this, but I might even make the fish useful another way? Maybe Fish could be used as special dungeon keys.

I could make Fishing the only way to earn Rupees. Hmmm... except for one-way dungeons.

EDIT:

Japanese text says: "Key to the boss room" (Google Translated)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

ZEY now has a new item to the family, Grenades:

Note: Bomb actor has been modified to explode, this will replace bombs entirely.

With more changes to come... though currently trying to fix a misaligned action icon text due to an A+B swap.

Also, I managed to get Majora's Clock to appear on console (2nd image is shader removed):

20140601_065558_zps86538c62.jpg

Exception throw bypassed, which shows the glorified ugliness that N64 prevents you from seeing, behold the wireframe of shame!!!

20140601_074725_zps073fac71.jpg

All beautiful when shader is canceled out of RAM display list.  :3

More information on gi model compatibility here.

Still have to fix Chain Chum, but otherwise things are going smoothly.

• Like 5

I made that exact same hack about 2 years ago when teaching Sanguinetti how to reassemble actor files and called them "Deku Bombs" haha.

We've ended up recreating the same ideas more than a few times in Zelda modding.  I find it no less impressive for it to be done by more than one person, it just means that clever ideas get dreamed up again and again by clever folks.

That said, I wish I thought of this one.  Good job, looking forward to playing the mod to try them.

Fishing Rod and Pond test in Zora's Domain:

Using an existing function in the game, I managed to get the Fishing Pond to use the waterbox according to Link's position. Not the "best" idea, however it does the job. It is still malfunctioning in Lake Hylia, but changes can be made for it to work in a custom map.

This custom modification prevents the pond from putting its water surface at the ceiling, causing some odd bugs.

The modifications use a custom function to store the waterbox's RAM address to an unused instance variable slot in Link's instance, and all the fish will read this instance variable in order to position according to the actual waterbox instead of the pond's "fixed" waterbox boundaries.

The only downside to this is if there is no waterbox read, and the Fishing Pond actor attempts to use ABABABAB as an address, but it doesn't seem to affect anything. More changes will have to be made to make sure that that is not used, and other spots in the AI have not yet been changed to read from the proper variable yet. There could be hardware issues if it is not resolved.

This is also incomplete until I am able to relocate the pond to anywhere in a map, hopefully resolving any other weird issues. That, or I'll use a work-around if that fails. This doesn't mean I can't just place the fish where I want to, however this does cause issues for the rod and the fish to work properly, which also includes making the custom procedure work for the fish and lure.

The problem with the custom procedure is that is does not work without the full fishing pond added, but things can still be altered to just isolate the fish and the rod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Fishing Rod now equips when needed, rather than having it constantly active (also to have it usable whenever needed rather than having it only when you pay the fishing pond man):

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some progress, the fish now work properly in Lake Hylia (and likely anywhere else):

The next things to do is to get the fish to stop flying to the pond (located out-of-bounds past the far wall), stop the fisherman from keeping Link in the bounds when holding the fishing rod (the "hey, you can't leave!" message), skip the message where Link would pay in order to use the rod, and modifying the fisherman give rupees for the fish Link gives him.

Before the fish kept flying up (with the gravity check skipped to test) to where the bottom of the original pond would be:

HighFlyingFish_zpsf61564a2.png

HighFlyingFish2_zps28b3fdec.png

I had to make 2 changes (not one, oh no! God forbid only one!) because neither one nor the other values to check worked alone.

I am also planning something with King Zora with the fish. I am also going to remove the c-item guy, since the c-item guy is pretty useless.

• Like 2

That's freaking badass Airikita! Great job! I'm really liking your music too :D

Thanks, I'm still working at the fishing pond. I custom-coded the weight this time, so that it wasn't limited to 2 digits:

UnlimitedWeightFish_zpsdecc6b6c.png

Before this, Nintendo only hardcoded 2 digits:

HugeT9Fish_zps7d472ded.png

The code I designed is more extensive, but I managed to fit it in using extra room in my mod. Glad I did, because the last digit appended properly. The downside is that something with one digit, like 7 pounds, will show up like "07 Pounds", but that's the only cost to a hardy custom code.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Note:

EDIT 2:

New Rupee counter:

NewHUD_A_zps552d4386.png

Can you make a patch?

I'm sorry, but these additions are for ZEY, I'm not distributing stuff I make for my mod. I do release information that people can use, and I have mentioned where to find rupee information. Young Epona was something special, because of how that is such a big step, but a lot of the stuff I do here is not for release until ZEY is completed.

Even then, ZEY modifications are for itself, but if someone wants to use my mod to make their own, well it is no longer their work.

UPDATE:

Link has a new bow:

LinksNewBowRedesign7_zps448deb54.png

I'd like to remove the black pixelated lines, but I can't seem to remove them, even when I rescale the UV mapping. Aside from that, it's a keeper~

There are other things I have implemented, such as new magic arrows:

The arrows are fully functional, and useable. The beta arrows do exist, and so do the magic arrow colors it seems. Though it's not apparent since the colors are ordered for the fire, ice, and light arrows, but the colors are a few spots after the first 3 colors, by a few bytes.

• Like 5

UPDATE:

Link has a new bow:

LinksNewBowRedesign7_zps448deb54.png

I'd like to remove the black pixelated lines, but I can't seem to remove them, even when I rescale the UV mapping. Aside from that, it's a keeper~

Very nice. But by the looks of it I'd say your using 4 32x64 textures per wing. Its odd that it would make those black lines tho. it looks like you have plenty of alpha space, so it shouldn't make a repeat on the edge. The only thought that comes to mind is that the textures them self have transparent pixels that are around the the edge of each texture, and when it got converted to OoT the bow got layered differently making the skybox see-able through the transparent pixels. Its just a guess, but I hope it helps.

Very nice. But by the looks of it I'd say your using 4 32x64 textures per wing. Its odd that it would make those black lines tho. it looks like you have plenty of alpha space, so it shouldn't make a repeat on the edge. The only thought that comes to mind is that the textures them self have transparent pixels that are around the the edge of each texture, and when it got converted to OoT the bow got layered differently making the skybox see-able through the transparent pixels. Its just a guess, but I hope it helps.

Sadly it isn't so: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/airikita/wingtexturepart_zps3c9a5033.png

I used a full wing from Google, and sectioned it off into 4 pieces. It also looks like an edge is still present when the conversion happens.

It looks alright for the most part:

LinksNewBowRedesign8_zps9fcc8328.png

Just those lines do give the effect away.

Also, on a side note, the bow will use hearts for ammo to match the theme of the bow:

I can also change how much health it removes.

• Like 6

This hack is currently blowing my mind up. I'll be waiting for it, so that I can play it. Anyways, keep up the good work.

Edit: Keep blowing my mind up, that just means the hack is one heck of a hack. 

Edited by Zinc

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.