Zelda's Eternal Youth Hack - [MORE UPDATES!!!]

Airikita

The new logo has been decided:

Posted Image

Thanks to everyone who has voted, I will do what I can to get the title screen edited sometime. I will have to vanish from the web for a week since my internet is tanking data, and is reaching the quota. I likely won't be updating unless I do so at the wifi at my school.

EDIT: Since I can't upload the official screenshot of my latest item, here is an artistic representation of a new item:

Posted Image

It needs a name, however, and I don't know what to call it...

• Like 1

The latest items:

Posted ImagePosted Image

I have not edited the text for the clock yet, obviously, but it will be called "Majora's Clock" for lack of a better term. I have some ambitious modifications for the clock, so I'm going to make some awesome effects from this item.

Modifying the clock has taken some time... I have already modified 4 things to get the clock started, but I am far from finished.

EDIT: The clock currently works, but it does nothing. It will start a new timer but the timer needs to be set. A generic variable "0000" is used and has to be changed in order for the clock to work properly. For now the timer starts at 00:00 and counts up, so a variable needs to be set for the timer to count down.

I also have to add something else to the clock's actor to function a certain way. A total of two code hooks will be added to accomplish this.

Also, a mirror item will be added to send kid Link to another world. But this will be looked at later on in the modifications.

I have not decided what Link will look like in the other world (hopefully a Dark World) but I will have to figure out a way to control where Link goes when the Mirror is used. This may be a challenge, and there is no real guarantee it will work, however there is always a way that it can work.

• Like 2

Wow, that's some Grade-A work! I'm very surprised that changing the way the game Saves and Loads could be accomplished without too many headaches or other things breaking. I would dare say that this kind of coding would be a staple in future OoT hacks.

Thanks Three_Pendants. I wouldn't say it was a complete headache to get it to work, and to find it wasn't too bad. I would say that the map save hack only works for kid Link. There might be a way to do it for both, but the changes are pretty simple.

It's a 4-byte change for kid Link and likely another 4-byte change for adult Link.

(P.S. Sorry I took so long to respond, I've been back and forth with different things)

The latest items:

Posted ImagePosted Image

I have not edited the text for the clock yet, obviously, but it will be called "Majora's Clock" for lack of a better term. I have some ambitious modifications for the clock, so I'm going to make some awesome effects from this item.

Modifying the clock has taken some time... I have already modified 4 things to get the clock started, but I am far from finished.

EDIT: The clock currently works, but it does nothing. It will start a new timer but the timer needs to be set. A generic variable "0000" is used and has to be changed in order for the clock to work properly. For now the timer starts at 00:00 and counts up, so a variable needs to be set for the timer to count down.

I also have to add something else to the clock's actor to function a certain way. A total of two code hooks will be added to accomplish this.

Also, a mirror item will be added to send kid Link to another world. But this will be looked at later on in the modifications.

I have not decided what Link will look like in the other world (hopefully a Dark World) but I will have to figure out a way to control where Link goes when the Mirror is used. This may be a challenge, and there is no real guarantee it will work, however there is always a way that it can work.

Is that a chomp/Bow wow from mario? I guess you could say from Links Awakening too

The latest items:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Is that a chomp/Bow wow from mario? I guess you could say from Links Awakening too

Yup... in fact the inspiration came from Link's Awakening, and the fact that Zelda has a bunch of Mario-related easter eggs in it.

• Like 1

The latest items:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Yup... in fact the inspiration came from Link's Awakening, and the fact that Zelda has a bunch of Mario-related easter eggs in it.

That's pretty awesome

The new logo is in:

Posted Image

I still need to fix the colors for the blue text. It's not part of the textures since "The Legend Of" and "Ocarina of Time" textures are both black and white i8 textures... the color is in a file somewhere, so I need to find it.

• Like 3

Now semi-fixed Title Screen:

I have recently cleaned up Zelda's horse so that she's not going through the ground after this video, but I won't be posting the final piece until all changes are final.

Remember to subscribe to the project channel to see secret spoilers that will come up later on.

EDIT:

Free preview of Majora's Clock:

Don't forget to subscribe to the channel to see more with the development.

• Like 2

Thanks Three, I'm glad you like it.

I would like to report that there has been a current issue with the Majora's Clock. While I had it working fine for some places, it seems to not function the way I want it to all the time.

While it works well, it works for some situations but not all. I will have to crunch to find out how to make it either do what I intend it to do, or make it do something else that is just as useful.

That is awesome Airikita! I'm sorry I couldn't have helped you at all in the end, but this workaround is, in my opinion even better! It still forces the player to be careful around enemies rather than just mindlessly strike.

It's as good as it gets. It's the best flag I could find, and I forced the loop to reset the freeze tag during Link's actions with another flag to check. It's choppy, yes, but it still benefits the player immensely.

I was trying to give the player invincibility, but the flag I found was buggy, and not working with the timer.

• Like 1

As good as it gets indeed. This is definitely the first time anything like this has been done. A true-blue custom item that doesn't use any other item as a stepping stone for its functionality. I am quite impressed.

I did use an item for its functionality, the room timer actor. I forget it's original actor, but I recreated it into a new item. I believe it is the same one used for the Poe's puzzle trail.

However the code to make it work is 100% custom.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.