Zelda's Eternal Youth Hack - [MORE UPDATES!!!]

Airikita

PROGRESS:

GiantYoungEpona1_zps0245cada.jpgGiantYoungEpona2_zps9f8aef05.jpg

She's a big girl too! No worries, that can be fixed with her size value. No worries about the misplaced seating for Link, it's obvious that Link needs that box from adult Epona to sit in the right spot.

EDIT:

Apparently the seating is based on the saddle... Since Epona's leg takes that spot, Link gets glued to Epona's leg. I will have to fix what limb Link sits on... if anyone has some insight, or notes on Link mounting Epona, any info would help.

• Like 2

New extra feature added to ZEY, still need to fix things before I move it to ZEY:

It has some bugs, but I don't think that can be helped. It still works, and there's ways around the flaws when you play. I might fix how it works later on. This is for ZEY only.

EDIT:

Note: next ZEY modification will include something with Cuccos and a mirror to warp Link to the Dark World (after Epona is working 100%).

Epona still does not work when "escaping" Lon Lon Ranch over the fences, it gets stuck in the wrong cutscene. This is likely due to a condition checking Link's age.

Aw struck!

No joke, ask Three_Pendants, DL-77, or anyone who's known me for a long time around here.   Port MM's epona to OOT has long been a Mod I've wanted.

In the first 'Zeda's Birthday' Mod I wanted MM Epona to be the reward for clearing Hyrule Field.  That's why I made clearing the Field so very hard.  But alsa we never got it done, and it became just one more error in ZB1.

This would be as good a time, and place to bring this up I guess...

If you load the cart pulling Donkeys in MM, FD Link can ride them!  If you go into first person mode, he even pulls out a bow!  

Did FD Link even have a bow in MM?

This is actually OoT Epona, I just fused her adult AI with her child model, and added MM Epona's animations. Afaik I could be missing animations, but to me I know I tested all the possibilities... I'm still working on getting Link to get hit while on Epona, and it's taking a lot of digging to perfect this feature.

It'd be awesome if you could figure out how to keep the complete HUD active while on Epona instead of most of it disappearing.

I have now, but for now I need to force the setting that switches the camera to Link. I'm still digging for it, but I have also been busy too. I may not fully fix it until the weekend.

I changed three things to make Epona stop clean without errors:

- changed one value from player control to disabled

- 0'd a pointer that was referencing player values in order to keep Epona from moving

- 0'd out another value in order to prevent Epona from locking up when Link mounted her again

So, what's left is the pointer for the camera, and I already know where it is. It's a matter of finding where in the code it gets changed.

Some Derpona moments to fill in the void:

StrangePona_zpsd408d7eb.jpg

Derpona2_zpsaa41a346.jpg

Derpona3_zpsedb36f7e.jpg

Derpona4_zps556e47bf.jpg

Trying to figure out which part of Epona's body is supposed to position the saddle. I managed to add a space for the saddle, but I need to position it so Link will stop humping Epona's leg.

EDIT: Even MORE Derpona:

Derpona5_zpsacd59d8a.jpg

Derpona6_zpsc34930b0.jpg

Derpona7_zps51255ca0.jpg

• Like 2

Miyamotto's dream for Ganon's castle:

Iwata: Huh? At first you imagined Ganon's Castle as the only setting?
Miyamoto: Yes. I thought about putting in all kinds of adventures into the different rooms, like making a dark meadow or an ocean—like in Princess Peach's Castle in Super Mario 64.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/zelda-ocarina-of-time/4/0

Miyamoto: That's right. (laughs) Ingo and Link have a horse race. If Link wins, he can get the horse named Epona, but Ingo closes the entrance gate to the ranch.
Iwata: Then you jump over the fence on Epona and escape.
Miyamoto: That's right. At first, I imagined a scene in which Ingo, in a frenzy, sets the ranch on fire, so Epona jumps against a backdrop of flames, but then someone said, "What about when Link comes back to the ranch later?" So I gave that up. (laughs)

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/zelda-ocarina-of-time/4/2

Miyamotto's dream for Ganon's castle:

Iwata: Huh? At first you imagined Ganon's Castle as the only setting?
Miyamoto: Yes. I thought about putting in all kinds of adventures into the different rooms, like making a dark meadow or an ocean—like in Princess Peach's Castle in Super Mario 64.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/zelda-ocarina-of-time/4/0

Miyamoto: That's right. (laughs) Ingo and Link have a horse race. If Link wins, he can get the horse named Epona, but Ingo closes the entrance gate to the ranch.
Iwata: Then you jump over the fence on Epona and escape.
Miyamoto: That's right. At first, I imagined a scene in which Ingo, in a frenzy, sets the ranch on fire, so Epona jumps against a backdrop of flames, but then someone said, "What about when Link comes back to the ranch later?" So I gave that up. (laughs)

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/zelda-ocarina-of-time/4/2

DO IT.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.