Latest game pick-up thread

xdaniel

I recently bought the Rockstar Collection on a Steam sale and I'm currently playing L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3, I had "tried" L.A. Noire on PS3 and I figured I should play it this time "properly". Also I am doing a re-run of RDR and RDR Undead Nightmare. IMHO RDR UN should have had PSN/XBL Co-Op at least if not split screen co-op.

I recently got some goodies:

1. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PS3)
  2. Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita)
  3. Urban Trial Freestyle (PS Vita) 

I had "tried" L.A. Noire on PS3 and I figured I should play it this time "properly".

Then I think you'd be glad to know that there is no noticeable difference between the two in the gameplay field; you know, where it matters.

Also, lol, the PC version's graphics aren't even enough of a leap to differentiate them that much(or at all) in the field of graphics.

PC's do not magically make games better. They never have, and they never will.

(just me ranting, don't mind me; certainly not trying to put you down)

Also, Aquarhane, if anyone tells you FFXIII isn't worth playing, don't listen to them. It's just different, and you shouldn't discriminate. It was SE trying a new game style, and though it wasn't as good as some other ones, it's NOT a bad game. It does have a real "Batman Begins" feel to it. Just building characters so it can have a story later. But that's fine, since there IS a sequel. And another sequel... lol

^ This... right there, and please allow me, as someone who has both FFXIII and FFXIII-2, to bring more acknowledgement to what Mallos has said. FFXIII is by no means a horrible game. Do bear in mind that it is very linear, yes, but there is lots of replayability, and sidequests to do. If you're a trophy hunter (or achievement hunter, since I have the 360 version), you'll spend hours or even days trying to unlock every last one. Many people have criticized the music, because it isn't Nobuo Uematsu, but I think Masashi Hamauzu did a spectacular job. One of my all time favourite tracks on the game is Will to Fight, and in keeping with the trend of previous titles, there are many pieces that are inspired by the main Fabula Nova Crystallis theme.

The battle system is RATB (Real Action Time Battle), and you only control whichever party member is the leader. There is also a sense of urgency too, because if the leader is KO'd, you automatically get a GAME OVER, even if the others are still standing. Grinding is a must, as money is hard to come by, so you'll be wanting to sell a lot of the items that monsters drop in order to gain much needed bankage.

All-in-all, while some of it was a bit frustrating, I found it vastly enjoyable, and have even played through it multiple times. You should also get yourself a copy of FFXIII-2, because that brings back the same formula, but expands it greatly, and removes the linear feel of it. The story is great, messes with your mind (like all FF stories do, lol), and is just a total blast.

• Like 2

Just ran across copies of Disgaea 2, 3, 4, and Afternoon of Darkness for $10 each. Grabbed all of them! That was a great day :D

Also, Aquarhane, if anyone tells you FFXIII isn't worth playing, don't listen to them. It's just different, and you shouldn't discriminate. It was SE trying a new game style, and though it wasn't as good as some other ones, it's NOT a bad game. It does have a real "Batman Begins" feel to it. Just building characters so it can have a story later. But that's fine, since there IS a sequel. And another sequel... lol

I usually don't take what people say about games into thought until i have played them myself. I have not been able to sit and play much of it but from what i have played i enjoy it. My brother says it is one of his favorite games in the series, currently he is on chapter 10 and has put most of his weekend into it.

^ This... right there, and please allow me, as someone who has both FFXIII and FFXIII-2, to bring more acknowledgement to what Mallos has said. FFXIII is by no means a horrible game. Do bear in mind that it is very linear, yes, but there is lots of replayability, and sidequests to do. If you're a trophy hunter (or achievement hunter, since I have the 360 version), you'll spend hours or even days trying to unlock every last one. Many people have criticized the music, because it isn't Nobuo Uematsu, but I think Masashi Hamauzu did a spectacular job. One of my all time favourite tracks on the game is Will to Fight, and in keeping with the trend of previous titles, there are many pieces that are inspired by the main Fabula Nova Crystallis theme.

The battle system is RATB (Real Action Time Battle), and you only control whichever party member is the leader. There is also a sense of urgency too, because if the leader is KO'd, you automatically get a GAME OVER, even if the others are still standing. Grinding is a must, as money is hard to come by, so you'll be wanting to sell a lot of the items that monsters drop in order to gain much needed bankage.

All-in-all, while some of it was a bit frustrating, I found it vastly enjoyable, and have even played through it multiple times. You should also get yourself a copy of FFXIII-2, because that brings back the same formula, but expands it greatly, and removes the linear feel of it. The story is great, messes with your mind (like all FF stories do, lol), and is just a total blast.

We will for sure be picking FFXIII-2 up, my brother is just about finished with FFXIII and wants to move into the next game as soon as he can.

We will for sure be picking FFXIII-2 up, my brother is just about finished with FFXIII and wants to move into the next game as soon as he can.

See that you do. :3 After FFIX, FFXIII-2 is my favourite in the series.

• Like 1

Personally, FFXIII still has to convince me. I bought the game last December and still haven't beaten it. The reason you ask? Well the reasons are the RATB system and the fact that I can only control ONE character in my current group. It also gets boring pressing the "auto-choose-actions-button-thingy" when in a normal battle. I only tend to choose manually when I'm in a boss fight, and that only when I try to get a strategic advantage that the  "auto-choose-actions-thingy" doesn't give me. And for me it takes lots of time to get to a boss fight because I'm grinding non-stop.

I also don't like Lightning and her attitude towards, well, everyone. She's one of the video game characters I like the least. I know that she actually cares about those who are close to her, but that in my opinion doesn't make up for her attitude.

I do like the overall story and the music though. And Masashi Hamauzu has indeed done a wonderful job on the music (Blinded by Light is just incredible). Once I beat FFXIII I might get FFXIII-2, since its gameplay seems to be quite interesting and not as linear.

I do wish though that Square Enix makes an FF with the good ol' CTB system that FFX had (my favorite FF).

Got some PS2 games from GameStop, seeing as they will all be gone on June 1st:

1. Eragon

2. War of the Monsters

3. Half-Life

4. Final Fantasy XII NFR Demo Disc (because why not?)

5. Star Wars: Battlefront II

6. Final Fantasy X-2

7. Crash: Nitro-Kart

8. Robots

9. Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

Not bad.

Sent from my cell phone, because ancient satellites from across the cosmic web are lame.

Just got a load of gaming stuff from a good friend for $50:

1. PlayStation 1
  2. PlayStation 2
  3. Nintendo 64
  4. Misc. Controllers (N64, GC, PS1 & 2, SEGA)
  5. Time Splitters 2 (GC)
  6. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GC)
  7. Star Wars Episode I: Pod Racer (N64)
  8. Cruis'n USA (N64)
  9. GTA: Vice City Stories (PS2)
  10. Driv3r (PS2)
  11. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, Special Edition (PS2)
  12. Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS2)
  13. Need For Speed: Underground 2 (PS2)
  14. Need For Speed: Carbon 2 (PS2)
  15. Midnight Club II (PS2)
  16. Midnight Club III: Dub Edition (PS2)
  17. MX VS. ATV: Unleashed (PS2)
  18. ATV Off Road Fury 3

All. For. FIFTY. FUCKING. DOLLARS. FUCK YESSSSSSSSS!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Got the last Humble Weekly Sale when it was going on, which was Alan Wake with DLC, and just got the current Weekly Sale, which has a bunch of Telltale stuff, like their The Walking Dead, Back to the Future and Sam & Max games.

No recent physical games to speak of, tho...

...correction. Just hit Buy-it-now, so it's still in Japan and the photo's from eBay...

Posted Image

Edited by xdaniel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just ordered ICO & Shadow Of the Colossus colection and Star Ocean Last Hope International version.More importantly, I just got Journey on PSN and it's gone straight into my top 10 games of all time. The overwhelmingly beautiful visuals, the breathtaking soundtrack and the incredible atmosphere truely made it one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences of my life. If you've got a Playstation 3 and you've not played Journey - get it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.