LoZ: Ocarina of Time Remix

CorruptedMoon

The shopkeeper raised an eyebrow at Link's choice of wardrobe, but shrugged it off. A customer was still a customer.

"So..." he said. "I'm guessing you need this shield, huh?"

Link nodded, bringing out 40 rupees to pay. The exchange was made, the shopkeeper giving a grin.

"Now, remember..." he said. "This shield will protect you from a lot, but if fire touches it, it will burn. So be careful, okay?"

Link nodded, giving silent thanks before heading back over to Mido.

Mido tried, but failed, upon seeing the equipment that Link was packing (no pun intended).

"GOOD GRIEF!!" the so-called Kokiri Boss exclaimed, before calming down somewhat. "Well, even with all that stuff, a wimp is still a wimp, huh? I, the great Mido, will never accept you as one of us! Damn it! How did you get to be the favourite of Saria and the Great Deku Tree? Huh?!"

Grumbling, Mido moved over to the side, allowing Link to pass, but not before throwing a snarky comment about his pyjamas. Link ignored him and went on his way.

The Great Deku Tree glanced at Navi, eyes showing pain deep within them.

"Oh... Navi..." the tree said suddenly. "Thou hast returned... Link... Welcome... Listen carefully to what I, the Deku Tree, am about to tell thee... Thy slumber these past moons must have been restless, and full of nightmares... As the servants of evil gain strength, a vile climate pervades the land and causes nightmares to those sensitive to it... Verily, thou hast felt it..."

Link glanced away, trying not to let the nightmares come back to his waking memories. He glanced back just in time for the tree to continue.

"Link..." the tree continued. "The time has come to test thy courage... I have been cursed... I need you to break the curse with your wisdom and courage. Dost thou have courage enough to undertake this task?"

Link took a silent breath, before nodding and taking a step forward. Though in pain, the tree smiled, before opening its mouth wide.

"Then enter, brave Link, and thou too, Navi..." it continued. "Navi the fairy... Thou must aid Link... And Link...When Navi speaks, listen well to her words of wisdom..."

With another nod, Link raced down, and went inside the tree.

Navi peered down through the web, then glanced at him, "That's a long way's down, but somehow I think we're going to have to get down there somehow." She looked around then perked when she noticed the vines snaking up a wall. "Hey! You can use these vines to climb up to the next level!"

Link nodded, also taking note of a ladder that was nearby. He rushed towards the ladder, taking note that he could climb up the vines. Reaching the top, he ran around the spiral path, jumping across the small gaps. He came to a vine wall, a big treasure chest in front of it. Opening it up, he pulled out an old scroll, which looked to be the map of the Deku Tree's inside.

A platform was in the middle of the room, over a small pit. On the other side, was another cliff face, which had a treasure chest on it. Link ran towards the platform, jumping on it. As he jumped across to the other side, he gasped as the platform fell, shattering when it hit the ground below.

This is a problem...

Dropping down to the ground below, Link ran over to the ladder, before climbing up. Making it to the top, he ran through the door, before returning to the giant vine wall, with strange spiders on them... 'Stalwall' as Navi called them.

So, if I just shoot them with...

Aiming his slingshot at one of the spiders, he let a seed fly, watching as it gave a high pitched scratching sound of death, before dropping to the ground and fading in a strange smoke.

Link took care of the other two, before climbing up the vines. They were rather rough, allowing him to grab on to them without worrying about slipping. Finally making it to the top, he jumped off to the right and glanced around. There were heaps of spider webs, and a nearby door. Silently, he walked to the door, and touched it, causing the door to open up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.