xdaniel's Random Junk

xdaniel

What do you mean by that? Putting entries in the file table? If that is what you mean, do realize that correctly using the filetable can require (unless you are lucky) an ENTIRE re-build of the ROM. That means every ROM pointer in code (the overlay, actor, scene, and object tables, I'm sure there are more which aren't even known) - and every pointer in maps and scenes (map pointers, static background JFIF pointers) along with the pointers in the filetable must all be recalculated. Why is this? Because the way OoT looks up files is a binary search - which requires all files to be in order.

Sorry for the rant, and if this isn't what you were talking about, :oops:

Sorry, didn't mean to set ya off there spinout ;P

I didn't realize it was going to be that complicated.

Hm, not much of an update, but for one I finally added the ability for the user to select which scene number to overwrite. Besides that, I started cleaning up the source code somewhat (beginning with the texture converter, maybe the smallest important piece) in preparation for release. But mind you, said release is still some time away, considering the still missing/incomplete features alone.

Next up... I dunno. I should probably get to adding transition and spawn point modification. But making the interface for that is a pain...

Edit:

Posted Image

Transitions aren't implemented yet at all, but spawn points can now be added/edited/deleted. I ended up splitting off the actor editing controls and their logic into a separate user control, which I can now place on the form and just feed with the proper parameters, instead of having to duplicate the controls and code for each other actor editing facility. Will add support for transition actors in the scene generation code, then for their room and camera settings in the actor editing control, and then that should be done. Gonna do that tomorrow, tho, been messing with the program for several hours straight again http://core.the-gcn.com/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

Kargaroc: Single vertices and thus ex. their colors cannot be edited, because it currently imports everything as an outdoor scene that adheres to environment lighting. I don't think I'll be able to add editing of single vertices without rewriting much of the conversion code, which I - at least not in the near future - don't really want to. I will add an option to disable lighting and enable vertex colors per group in the .obj file, as well as an option to disable skybox, timeflow and such, so you can experiment with ex. the environment settings to get the map to look the way you want it to.

Next up, an update:

Posted Image

Transition actors are theoretically implemented, complete via GUI-side editing, but I can't really test support for multiple rooms, because I currently don't have an importable map with more than one room I could try (hint, hint, Zeth?) http://core.the-gcn.com/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

Based on Arcaith's test dungeon, here's a little PPF patch + PJ64 savestate for the Debug ROM. Just patch a copy of the ROM, load the savestate and press A (savestate at the map select, sasatest and Adult Link being selected). It's basically the result of me messing around with the importer for a few hours, fixing some importing and GUI bugs in the process...

Hoping this is gonna work correctly, download the package here.

Well, fired this thing up just for the hell of it, and this is the first time in a while I played Ocarina of Time on PJ64 and actually enjoyed myself. Decent challenge, unique, nice level design, impressive overall. Then you add in the aspect that this dungeon is an entirely custom import, and I'm lead to one singular thought:

xdaniel, I love you, will you have my children?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.