Second of Hearts

Shadow Fire

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before Sheko could reach the emerald, something took hold of his arm.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Before Sheko could even move, Shadow had drawn his gun, and fired, smirking as a loud yelp was heard, Espio appearing out of thin air.

"Damn it, Shadow. You could have killed me!"

Shadow's smirk widened.

"I doubt it..." he snickered. "I knew it was you, and I knew where you would be. I could sense you. Now, please get your hands off my boyfriend, before I get mad."

Espio let Sheko go immediately, eyes bogging out.

"Your... BOYFRIEND?! Eh... didn't think you were the shota type, Shadow..."

Sheko whimpered a little bit, not expecting to get grabbed so suddenly.

"H-Huh...? I-I..."

Shadow's gunfire scared him half to death, defiantly not used to the sounds of guns being fired, as he knelt down, covering one ear with a hand.

After his arm was released, he tried to force the ringing noise out of his hearing.

"Ouch... w-who are you...?"

The young one managed to ask, looking up at the other's eyes, which were identical in color to his.

Shadow winced, forgetting that Sheko hadn't actually been around while he used the guns he'd gathered. He glanced to the side in guilt.

"I'm sorry, Sheko-chan..." he whimpered. "Well, this guy's Espio... someone I worked with during the invasion by Black Doom."

Espio snorted.

"At least let me introduce myself. But regardless, Knuckles left me here to guard his emerald, offering to pay me for my services. But then again, with the bonus that we were given from the government, we don't need money now. So, I'm doing this as a friendly gesture."

"That's very kind of you... but... wouldn't get lonely... you know, watching an emerald all by yourself like this?"

"Hehe! Espy's not alone~!"

Sheko was surprised by the sudden sing song voice, as a little blur sped past him and flew over to the violet chameleon, and had his arms around him in a hug.

"H-Hello... very fast bee with a stinger..."

"Hi there! You're a new face! I'm Charmy, nice to meetcha!"

Espio's cheeks reddened at Charmy's affections, causing Shadow to smirk wider.

"You said something about me, Espio?" he teased. "You're one to talk."

Espio gave a goofy grin, before bringing his own arms around the bee, before staring over at Sheko.

"Shadow called you Sheko-chan. I heard you were a Chao... I see you are different, but that doesn't matter. Don't be afraid of Charmy. He won't hurt you."

"O... Okay... j-just seems... the bigger I get, the bigger the bees get too."

Sheko squeaked, trying not to have a heartattack as Charmy flew up to him and offered him a flower.

"Here! A pretty flower for a brand new friend!"

The former chao looked at him... he seemed nice... he wouldn't hurt him. He reached out slowly, and gently squeezed the stem of the flower, holding it in his hand.

"Thank you... Charmy."

Shadow let go of Sheko, glancing over at Espio, wondering what could possibly be meant. He didn't notice that Sheko was now moving towards the Master Emerald, until he saw the chameleon's eyes widen.

"Sheko, wait! Don't touch it! You could-..."

There was suddenly a bright flash from the Master Emerald.

"...trigger a Chaos Control..."

Shadow gasped, reaching a hand towards the Master Emerald. Before he could take a step however, his world went dark, and he dropped to the ground, out like a light. The chameleon looked concerned.

"Their bond... it must be so great... that great distances can cause pain..."

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh no... come on, Sheko, where did you go...?" Charmy said, worry obvious in his voice.

----

Sheko opened his eyes, finding himself in front of the shrine once more, but it didn't seem so ancient and dark... the stones seemed like they were almost just newly placed there, and there was water pouring down the sides and into a small moat below. It was like the shrine from his dream. He hurried up the steps, not realizing the Chao below the shrine that were lying on the ground, seeming to be weak... seems the dark energy from the emeralds was causing them a lot of pain as well.

The hybrid came up the steps as he found the young Mayan looking echidna knelt beside a creature that looked like he was made of living water, and it seemed to be weakened, it's glowing emerald like eyes barely opened.

"Sheko... we were afraid you weren't going to make it..." Tikal looked up at the young one's eyes, one of Chaos' claws gently holding her arm.

The liquid lifeform seemed to be breathing heavily. Its eyes glowing a dull green as opposed to their usual bright emerald, the creature seemed to smile sadly with its eyes.

"Sheko..." Chaos panted softly. "You... made it..."

This was the first time Sheko had ever met Chaos, people had told him so many stories about him, both good and bad, but seeing him like this... it would cause any soul to worry, maybe even Eggman... maybe.

He knelt down, and lightly touched him, as he looked at Tikal.

"What's wrong with him?"

Tikal did her best to keep the God of Chaos up, gently rubbing his arm to soothe the pain, "The Chaos Emeralds have been used too many times, whether for the forces of evil or for good to stop that evil... they were not meant to be used so many times in such a short time..."

She managed to stand up, letting Chaos use her as a support, "The shells that enclosed the energy known as the seven emeralds are beginning to break apart, which will release all of the tainted Chaos energy onto the planet, and it will very likely destroy everyone... and everything..."

Sheko didn't like the sound of that... at this rate, what he saw in his horrible nightmare... it might actually come true.

"W...What can I do? You called me cause I can do something, right...? Please tell me..."

Tikal held Chaos' hand as her blue eyes met with the young one's duel colored.

"We have a gift to give you that will help... the ability of the Master Emerald... to stop and seal the power of the Chaos Emeralds."

"Hurry..." Chaos urged. "I'm... not the only one... who suffers..."

The God glanced weakly at its children.

"They... need me..." it choked out. "But they... are not... the only ones... who suffer... So too does... the one... you... love..."

"S...Shadow's in trouble...?!" Sheko almost cried out in fear.

Oh no, he left Shadow's side, and now he was in danger!

Tikal held the little one's hands, as both their bodies began to glow.

"Your change into a hybrid was unexpected but not unwelcomed, my little one... for now you can stop this threat so it will not happen again... present and future..."

The glow began to become a little too much for him, as everything began to fade out into a white nothingness.

-----

"Shadow! Come on, open your eyes!"

Sheko snapped out of it, almost feeling like he was in a trance before he regained his senses as he looked over, seeing Espio was holding the black hedgehog, who's eyes were closed, but blood seemed to be slipping down his muzzle as if they were tears

Sheko almost lost it as he hurried over, and pulled his love into his arms, "Shadow! Wake up... please..."

OFF TOPIC:

Youuuuuuuuuu stoooooooooooole myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy liiiiiiiiiiiiines! =P

The dark hedgehog's eyes shot open at once, Shadow glancing at Sheko, having heard his voice and felt his embrace.

"That's a relief... I was quite startled when he fell like that. It seems his bond to you far exceeds what would be expected."

Shadow quickly draped his arms around the former chao, bringing him closer.

"What happened?" he asked softly. "What did you see?"

Shadow held Sheko a little tighter.

"Don't worry..." he mumbled softly. "We'll get it sorted... and--"

"There you are! Damn... getting around this place is tricky!"

Shadow glanced to his side to notice Vector approaching. Espio sweatdropped.

"Vector, what are you...?"

The crocodile gave a wide grin.

"I just finished speaking with Manic. He told me that you guys would be around here, then he left to go to the Echidnopolis ruins. Something about finding Knuckles. I'm kinda the odd one out here... the only one who prefers the ladies."

Shadow gave a slight grin.

"It's okay, Sheko-chan..." he murmured. "These guys helped me. They're... well... I guess you can say that they're friends."

Espio suddenly glanced over at Vector.

"Wait... Knuckles... Manic... Echidnopolis? I have a bad feeling about this. Maybe we should check on them."

----

"Eggman! Are you home? We need to speak with you, it's important."

The journey that Sonic and Tails had taken led them in front of Eggman's current base. He hadn't caused any trouble in a long time, since Central City was destroyed, and even though he had been their enemy in the past... Tails was worried about the doctor.

Inside his base, the scientist sat, glancing at a picture he was holding. It showed a smiling woman with a monkey-like tail.

"Sera..." he murmured. "It's not the same without you..."

Suddenly, an alert came to one of his monitors. Glancing at it, he noticed two familiar faces heading towards his base.

"Sonic and Tails..." he muttered. "What do they want now?"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.