Second of Hearts

Shadow Fire

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eggman pondered for a second, before giving a sigh.

"They're misaligned..." he mumbled. "Aren't they?"

The blue hedgehog nodded instantly.

"Yeah. We were wondering if you'd know of a way to help realign them."

The scientist merely thought again, before sighing once again, giving a silent nod.

"There is a place..." he said softly. "It's called Rainbow Valley. It is home to the most abundant source of Chaos Energy. Espio oughtta know all about it. Sonic, go back and tell the others. Meet Tails and I there."

Sonic cast a glance over at the scientist, looking a bit worried.

"Sure you don't want me to come with you?"

He's changed so much. He's lost a lot of weight... He looks like he doesn't care anymore.

Eggman forced a smile, before shaking his head.

"No offence, Sonic..." he said. "But Tails' intelligence will allow me to talk to him regarding all this."

Shaking his head, Sonic smiled back, before leaning in to give Tails a quick kiss, and telling him to take care. Before he dashed away, he saw the pain that flashed in Eggman's eyes.

Tails glanced up at the older scientist, before trying to offer a light smile.

"Alright, let's get going, Eggman."

He hovered by spinning his two tails, as they headed off to Rainbow Valley.

---

"Knuckles! Where are you?"

Manic had finally managed to make it to Echidnaopolis, but so far, the red mobian hadn't been anywhere in sight and he was getting a little worried about him.

Said echidna gave no reply, turning his head to look at the green hedgehog. His usual amethyst eyes were stained with multiple dark patterns. Without warning, he raised his fists, his eyes flashing before he lunged at Manic.

-----

Sonic had quickly made it back to the others and explained the situation, and what Eggman proposed.

Why does he always seem in so much pain though? Wait... that's it! That Sera woman... she... something must have happened...

Suddenly, Shadow whipped his head to the side with such speed, any normal person would have broken their neck.

"Something isn't right..." he murmured. "I'm feeling a strange aura... something doesn't belong. We'd better get to the temple first..."

• 2 weeks later...

Manic's blue eyes were widened as the other's fist went flying past his head, trying to calm his shudders of fright, despite the feeling of blood dripping down the side of his head, the other's eyes close now as he noticed the other's violet eyes were dancing with black speckles.

"K...Knuckles...?"

• 2 weeks later...

Manic cringed, knowing he was going to end up getting hit, whether he tried to escape or not.

He didn't feel anything before something grabbed him and pulled him away before the punch hit him, with enough force that it tore into the wall.

"Are you okay?"

Manic managed to look up, as he found a black-red hedgehog, a black-violet hedgefox resting on his back.

Shadow glanced over at Manic, mentally noting that this must be Sonic's brother. However, he turned his attention back to Knuckles, who seemed to let out a strange growl.

"Well..." he muttered. "Seems the darkness has possessed him..."

Letting Sheko down for a moment, he stared Knuckles down, gasping as the echidna suddenly vanished, reappearing before Sheko. Raising his fist high, he brought it down towards the former chao with lightning fast speed.

SQUELCH!

Shadow had, just in time, used Chaos Control to warp in front of his beloved, taking the full force of the punch. Eyes wide and choking out blood, he knew that the echidna's spiked fist had gone straight through his stomach.

"Sheko... sorry..."

Knuckles' eyes suddenly closed, slumping down, only to be suspended in midair. Coming out of his camouflage, Espio looked on solemnly.

"The dark energy coming from the misaligned emeralds was enough to control him. He'll be fine when he wakes up, so long as we get him out of here. As for Shadow..."

The black hedgehog smiled weakly up at Sheko.

"I won't be gone for long..." he said softly. "I promise. One or two days..."

Closing his eyes, Shadow stopped breathing, his body shutting down. Espio remained silent for a moment, before passing Knuckles over to Manic.

"Don't blame yourself... either of you... and Sheko... Shadow is right... he can't really die... I mean, c'mon... if he can survive falling through the atmosphere... and being in close range to the comet that was ripped apart just days ago, he can survive this."

Sheko barely heard most of what Espio was saying, soft whimpers escaping him, the visual of Shadow stained in blood, smiling, his body seeming still... he felt like his heart shattered on him.

Charmy gently pulled on Sonic's shoulder, the blue hedgehog having arrived to see the blood stained madness in front of him. He thought it would be a good idea for him to carry Shadow, cause Sheko was still a fragile thing, even though he was a mobian now. He wouldn't be able to carry him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"You... you were exiled? But why?"

They followed beside Espio as he was leading the way for them to get Rainbow Valley.

Charmy seemed a little sad to think of when he found Espio after he had been kicked out of his own village, as he sat on his shoulder, and gently hugged the other male.

Manic, who had been quiet for a while, was worried. He carefully squeezed his hoverboard which had Knuckles lying against it so he could rest until they arrived. He glanced over, and lightly pet the other's head... if the guardian was with them, then they wouldn't have much trouble staying in the village until Shadow recovered, Espio with them or not.

"I was exiled... due to my feelings... for another male... It is taboo in my tribe to love another of the same gender."

Sonic gave a slight shake of his head.

"No offence, Espio... but your tribe seems kinda deluded..."

The chameleon said nothing, but there were the beginnings of a slight grin on his face.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.