Second of Hearts

Shadow Fire

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charmy nodded, as he lifted himself into the air.

"Yeah... me too, Espy..."

Sheko was looking around, amazed at how beautiful this place was... it reminded him greatly of the Chao Gardens he was once a resident of.

Manic kept Knuckles close as they were walking into the village, eyes of the other chameleons following them as they were heading to the elder's tent.

Flinching again, Espio turned his glance to the side.

"Our saviour... the black hedgehog Shadow... is in dire need. He needs to rest here so that the pure Chaos Energy can revitalise him. We are also looking for a way... to restore purity... to the Chaos Emeralds. We... won't be staying for long..."

"Normally, such a request would have needed to been told in an advance, but I will allow you all the rest you need, for the sake of the saviour, and the guardian who is here as well. I don't wish for any trouble, so be sure to leave as soon as the hedgehog has revived himself."

'I don't need you staying long enough to have old wounds reopened again... Espio...'

Espio's fangs were clenched tightly, his hands balled into fists.

"I will leave immediately afterwards, and there shall be no evidence that I was ever back."

Standing up, the chameleon turned away and narrowed his eyes.

"After today... you truly shall never see me again, as was wanted by everyone..."

Espio began to walk out of the tent.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh Espio... I don't wish for you to feel like I'm trying to force you away... the last thing I want is for you to get hurt cause of what our own kind says...

Manic was the only one outside of the tent, squeezing his hoverboard close as found Espio come out, giving a small nod that said they were able to stay here.

"That's good. Let's get going, the others found the guest house near the lake that we can use. I know Charmy is worried about you."

Espio nodded, accompanying Manic to the guest house. As he walked inside, he cast a glance over at Shadow and Sheko. The black hedgehog was still laying peacefully still. Before he could make any moves, he was glomped by a rather worried bee. In spite of his inner turmoil, the chameleon smiled.

"Everything's okay, Charmy... you can relax."

• 2 weeks later...

Nearby, Eggman stared out into the valley, remaining strangely silent. Sonic noticed the scientist's strange behaviour and walked over, standing beside him.

"Something eating at you, Eggman? You're awfully quiet."

The genius gave a sigh and continued to stare at the beautiful rainbows the valley was famous for.

"She's gone..." he mumbled in reply. "I wanted to rule over all, with her as my queen... but... she was in Central City when..."

Giving another sigh, he turned to face Sonic, taking his shades off, revealing the faded colour of his eyes, filled with sadness.

"Sera was everything..." he continued. She convinced me... to use my brain for good. We were to get married. ...and then... the Black Arms invaded... and when we went to the comet... that foul gas... it reacted with my immune system. I'm... going to die..."

Sonic took a step back in shock. Sure, Eggman had tried to kill him on several occasions, but they had developed a mutual respect.

"Eggman... I'm sorry..."

• 2 months later...

Manic frowned as he heard Eggman's story. He was never really forced to go against the older man and his plots against his older twin.

He had been kidnapped by Eggman a few times, but he had felt rather bad for him whenever he would hear Sara talking about him as if he was greatest person she had ever met. He could see why the older was so sad to hear that she had died in Central City.

Eggman gave a slight smile.

"I'm not worried about death..." he said mysteriously. "Not anymore... At least I will be with her again. The chameleon tribe... they've allowed me to remain here... to spend my last few hours."

Sonic lowered his gaze, before giving a slight grin of his own, before holding a hand out to Eggman.

"Even though you and I always fought, I wanted to just let you know... nobody can replace you. We will all miss you... Doc."

Eggman nodded, taking Sonic's hand in a handshake.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The ultimate lifeform winced, but gave a small smile regardless.

"I'm okay, Sheko..." he purred. "Just a little sore... but at least... I'm healing up..."

His expression became serious, and he glanced over at Eggman.

"You finally told them..." he said solemnly. "I was wondering when you would. You've known for a long time... you and Maria... shared the same genetic weakness. But I swear to it now, doctor... we will fix this... in time... You will see the world... the way she wanted you to see it."

The scientist merely smiled but said nothing.

Despite the pain he was feeling, Shadow gave a smirk.

"Well... seems the Knucklehead is coming round..."

Said echidna opened his eyes, staring upwards.

"Try saying that when I feel better, shooter. I dare you."

Giving a slight groan, he tried to sit up.

"Ugh... what happened? Last I remember, I was looking at a mural in Echidnopolis. Next thing I know, I'm waking up here."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.