LoZ: Ocarina of Time Remix

CorruptedMoon

Moving forward, Link didn't notice the door that opened, prying eyes staring after him. He headed straight for Ingo, who told him of the recent change in management. Offered to ride a horse, he shrugged and handed over ten rupees, before being let into the pen.

So many majestic horses... but that one over there... it looks like the most majestic of all.

Unfortunately, as he approached, the horse backed away, before indignantly galloping away. Suddenly, he was remembered of something.

Epona... she used to be afraid of me... of any newcomers... maybe this horse...

Bringing out the Ocarina of Time, he played the melody he learned in the past. The horse immediately turned around and galloped back towards Link, stopping in front of him, giving a happy snort. Opening his eyes, Link smiled and reached out, gently petting the horse.

Epona... it is you. You remember me?

Upon seeing Link doing well while riding the horse, Ingo challenged him to a race, telling him he could keep the horse he chose if he won. With a grin, Link wagered 50 rupees. The conditions were set, and after preparation, the two were off. Link manoeuvred Epona strategically, before moving her inwards, riding past Ingo and increasing speed steadily so as not to tire out the horse.

This race is ours, Epona!

Link grinned as Epona shot over the finish line with quite some distance to spare. Ingo gave a groan of annoyance and challenged Link to a second race, claiming the first to be a warm-up. Rolling his eyes, Link accepted with a nod, the boy giving Epona enough time to catch her breath, patting her side gently.

You did great. However, if indeed that was a warm-up, we need to be careful. Ingo might try playing dirty this time around.

Enough time had passed, and the two were ready again. The race began and Ingo shot forward, with Link right at his side. However, this time, the moustached man tried to steer his horse to the right, to force Epona into the wall.

No you don't, you cheater!

Giving a soft growl, he slowed Epona down, giving a satisfied smile at Ingo's shock. Using this to his advantage, he shot Epona forward, passing by the outside of Ingo's horse, sporting a wide smirk as he did. Steering Epona back on track, Link sent her towards the finish line, and gave a chuckle of victory.

Epona... it looks like I get to keep you with me.

Ingo was furious, especially moreso when he discovered the horse Link had won with was Epona. Suddenly, his expression changed to a smug smirk.

"Hahaha!" the man laughed. "As promised, I will give the horse to you."

Ingo's smirk widened.

"However..." he snickered. "You will not leave this ranch!"

Snapping his fingers, Ingo stood smugly in front of the gates, which automatically closed behind him. Link fought back a growl.

Damn that bastard! He cheated!

Epona gave a soft snort, and the boy suddenly realised that he wasn't trapped. With a grin, he backed Epona up. Ingo glanced at him curiously, watching in shock as Link suddenly surged the horse forward at top speed, the majestic creature jumping over the gates with ease. He rode past the ajar doorway, not noticing the twin pairs of eyes that were watching him.

Link guided Epona from the ranch, the horse striking a heroic sort of pose. The boy gently pet the horse's side, before casting a glance back at the ranch. He gasped softly as he noticed the dark clouds that were above the ranch began to disperse. Curious, he took Epona back, and as he entered, what he saw was a big surprise.

I don't believe it!

Ingo had completely changed. He was no longer smug, but he had a happy smile on his face. His clothing had also changed from a regal, upper-class style, to what a ranch-hand would be expected to wear. He seemed to be working on something, mumbling happily about how joyed he was to be working at the ranch. Dismounting Epona, he cast a glance around, before heading towards the stable, slowly opening the door.

Hello?

Malon was humming to herself when she perked as the door opened. She looked over and smiled at him, "Hello there. Thank you very much for helping Epona and the ranch. Might I ask your name?"

Meanwhile Kaze was tending to the stallion that had been in the race. She looked over as she heard her friend and blinked.

'He looks so familiar...'

Her eyes widened, "Really?  Link!  That’s what I thought!  You’re the fairy boy from the forest!  That was years ago!  Do you remember me?  You do?  I was sure it was you because Epona remembered you!  Oh, I have to tell you about Mr. Ingo…  He was afraid that the Evil King might find out that Epona had been taken away…  It really upset him!  But all of a sudden, he went back to being a normal, nice person!  Now my dad is coming back…  I can’t believe it, but peace is returning to this ranch!  It’s all because of you!  I owe you so much!  Thank you!  Thank you, Link!"

Kaze was stiff with shock, 'It really is him...' 

"L-Link...?"

Casting a glance over at the other girl who spoke his name, the boy suddenly froze. A sudden chill came over him as the past flooded back into his mind.

It's her... she... she's really here...

Stiffly, Link took a step forward.

"K-...aze?"

Again, his voice was soft, not used to speaking words out loud.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.