LoZ: Ocarina of Time Remix

CorruptedMoon

"Link..."

A voice seemed to float out as if from nowhere.

"Awaken... the chosen one..."

The voice continued to speak.

"Link..."

His eyes opening, the boy glanced around, his vision beginning to return to normal. However, he noticed that his surroundings were unfamiliar. As he continued to scan his eyes around, he suddenly noticed that he wasn't alone, and he shot his gaze up to see a man in robed clothing looking back at him.

"My name... is Rauru."

Glancing at himself, Link gasped, realising he was now an adult.

W-what's happened to me?

Rauru cleared his throat and began to explain.

"Long ago..." he began. "...we Sages built the Temple of Time to protect the Holy Land. Herein lies the Chamber of Sages. The Temple of Light is the last bastion of the Holy Land... and the sword you removed from the Pedestal of Time, the Master Sword, was the key to enter the Holy Land. The Master Sword is a holy weapon which is untouchable to those with a wicked heart, and can only be obtained from the Pedestal of Time by the one who qualifies as a hero."

The elderly male suddenly shook his head.

"But..." he continued. "Brave as you are, you were too young and so, your soul continued to sleep, for seven years. Now, your time of awakening has arrived. Do you understand your destiny?"

Having taken everything in, the young man swallowed and nodded.

Rauru nodded sagely at Link and gave a slight smile.

"Once again, I must remind you..." he said. "Although you opened the Door of Time and came to the Holy Land for the sake of peace in Hyrule, the Gerudo King of Thieves, Ganondorf, invaded. He used his wicked power to enter the Holy Land, and obtained the Triforce from the Temple of Light. His magic erupted from the temples and in seven short years, corrupted the country of Hyrule."

Clenching his teeth, Link balled his hands into fists and glared downwards at the ground.

I failed... I failed to protect everyone!

Rauru, noticing Link's turmoil, placed a hand on the young man's shoulder.

"Even in this Holy Land, I possess very little power..." he continued. "Moreso, within this Chamber of Sages. However, there is hope. The remaining power of the Sages dwells within! When the power of the seven sages awaken, the Seal of the Sages will bind the power of evil to the other side... I, Rauru, am also one of the Sages, and... the power to fight alongside the Sages belongs to the Hero of Time, received by the one chosen by the Master Sword! Let my light be yours, and unleash the power of the sages!"

Taking his hand away from Link's shoulder, Rauru raised both hands upwards, power manifesting into a gold medallion, which floated down to Link, before manifesting itself within him. The blond suddenly gasped as his vision began to fade away, and he could feel himself get lighter. He could hear the words of the sage call out to him one last time.

"Meet the other six, and save Hyrule!"

Navi shivered, biting her lip, "Oh dear..."

OFF TOPIC:
In short Link, SAVE HYRULE, I GIVE YOU MY GOLD FRISBEE.

Now say hi to adult Kaze!

Kaze yawned, stretching as she left the house to tend to the horses. Sighing silently, she smiled and bade Malon a good morning before starting to brush one of the mares. Seven years. Not a word of her friend since he vanished at the temple. Every day after her chores she went to see if there was any hint and sign he was there, but nothing. 

Link's surroundings began to piece together as the blue light returned him to the Temple of Time. Glancing around at the temple, he noticed that it was dimly lit, much gloomier than its counterpart from seven years prior. He cast a glance up at Navi and gave a soft sigh, before beginning to head off, but as he took a few steps, he suddenly stopped.

Someone's here!

Drawing the Master Sword from its scabbard, he turned to face his assailant, blinking as he saw a young man with golden blond hair. His clothes were unique, sporting Sheikah design, and covering half of his face.

"I was waiting for you..." the mysterious boy murmured. "Hero of Time..."

The Sheikah began walking towards Link, stopping right in front of him.

"When the world is dominated by evil..." he said mysteriously. "...the Holy Land will speak out to those within five temples. One in the deep forest... one on the highest mountain... one under the deep lake... one in a house of death... one with the goddess of sand... In the hour of awakening, together with the hero, evil magic will be contained by the light of peace. This is a legend amongst those of the Sheikah tribe. I am Sheik, a survivor of the Sheikah tribe."

Link gave a nod, his blue eyes warily focused on the other male's red. Sheik's eyes suddenly smiled, an indication that the Sheikah himself was smiling.

"Link..." he continued. "With the holy sword... The Hero of Time's legendary Master Sword. If indeed you believe the legend, you must seek the five temples and in addition, awaken the five sages within. Now, within the Temple of the Forest, a sage awaits the time of awakening... it is a girl you know well. But, because of an evil curse on the temple, it is impossible for her to hear the Holy Land's awakening call. As you are right now, you are not able to enter the temple, but if you believe my words, go to Kakariko Village first. Okay, Link?"

With a nod, Link sheathed his blade, and walked into the main chamber of the Temple of Time. A feeling of dread came over him as he took in Sheik's words, and within a few moments, he had placed the Ocarina of Time to his lips and played a familiar song.

Saria... I hope you're okay...

• 3 weeks later...

" Link…?  This is Saria.  Can you hear me?  Great!  You’re safe!  I knew I would hear from you again!  I’m in the Forest Temple!  The forest spirits were calling for help, so I went to check it out…" She trailed off for a moment before her voice became frantic and terrified, "But it’s full of evil monsters!  Help me, Link!"

Noticing ReDead lurking about in the marketplace, Link held his breath and silently began to tiptoe past them.

If I make a sound, I'm as good as dead...

Luck was on his side, as the undead creatures didn't notice him. As he made it out, he breathed a sigh of relief, before heading into the field.

Kaze... I hope you're still alive, somewhere out there...

OFF TOPIC:
With that thought, let's say hello Kaze!

----

"Kaze, come on the horses need brushing!" Malon called out to her friend. "Coming Malon!" The dark haired girl chirped from where she was by the fence. She hadn't changed too much, same eyes, same hair, though it was longer. Readjusting her white shirt and blue skirt, she ran over to the redhead, grinning mischievously causing the other girl to giggle. As Malon tended to one of the stallions, her grin faded as she patted Epona's muzzle. "You miss him too... right girl?" She asked lowly, a small smile reappearing as the mare blew a small puff of air at her cheek. "I'll take that as a yes." 

Link... wherever you are, you better be safe... and come back soon...

Kakariko Cemetery, a location that still seemed fresh in Link's mind. The boy stared around, the entire place seeming deserted.

I wonder if Dampé is still here...

Walking to the tomb keeper's hut, he gently knocked on the door and turned the handle, surprised that it opened.

This is strange... it's usually locked.

Opening the door, the boy glanced around inside, noticing it was empty, an open journal resting on a nearby table.

So, Link did just that. Putting the journal down, he left the hut and searched the cemetery. Finally, he noticed an unmarked tombstone. Pulling it open, he gasped as he saw a hole.

Maybe... down there?

Shrugging up at Navi, he dropped down the hole, glancing around when he landed.

Wow... this place is--what the?!

Floating ahead of him was Dampé's ghost.

"Hehehe, young man…  You were very quick to be able to keep up with me!  Hehehe!  As a reward, I’m going to give you my treasure.  It’s called the Hookshot!  Its spring-loaded chain will pull you to any spot where its hook sticks.  Doesn’t that sound cool?  I’m sure it will help you!  I live here now, so come back again sometime.  I’ll give you something cool!  One more thing!  Be careful on your way back!  He heh heh…." With that, he vanished.

A treasure chest poofed into existence and Link opened it, grabbing the treasure from within. Holding it above his head like a massive dork, he smiled as he remembered Kaze poking fun at him for such posing.

I really hope she survived. Maybe I should look for her... but first, I need to leave the village and find a faster way of traversing Hyrule Field.

Skipping forward a little...

The field seemed the same as it was in his youth, although it looked much emptier. The lack of Peahats certainly did much for that. Not too far off, he noticed Lon Lon Ranch, and thinking of the horses within, figured he'd pay the place a visit.

I wonder how Talon, Malon and Ingo are doing?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.