LoZ: Ocarina of Time Remix

CorruptedMoon

Reacting quickly, Link aimed his bow, firing an arrow right at the ghost. It reeled in pain, before retreating back into the painting, giving a sinister laugh. Suddenly, it vanished, and appeared in two paintings.

Only one of them must be real!

Readying another arrow, Link nodded back to Kaze, wanting her to prepare, just in case he was watching the fake.

Giving a grin of his own, it suddenly faded when the phantom raised into the air once more. A vortex appeared in the floor, and the room darkened. A familiar snicker could be heard throughout the room.

"Well, well..." the voice of Ganondorf echoed. "That didn't seem difficult for you. Your skills seem to be improving. However, you did not defeat me... you merely defeated my phantom. When we really battle, it will be much tougher."

The phantom began shuddering, Ganondorf continuing to speak.

"As it goes..." the voice said. "...this thing is worthless. I condemn you to the void between dimensions."

The phantom suddenly let out a loud groan and was pulled into the void, both vanishing after a moment. A few seconds later, a familiar blue light appeared in the middle of the room.

"..." Kaze looked at Link, frowning. "...You know, as much as that thing was a pain to fight, I almost feel bad for it. To have to serve that guy only to banished into a void when one thing goes wrong?" Navi stared at the girl, "...Kaze, you're strange." was what she settled on saying.

OFF TOPIC:
I dunno, it came to mind. One defeat and it's like 'oops, you're useless, time to say byebye.'

And that's the only boss that gets that too-

Maybe I'm just weird.

Link shrugged, before slowly walking over to the light. Taking a breath, he stepped into it.

Saria, I hope you're safe.

OFF TOPIC:
I think it's because that was canonically the only boss that Ganondorf himself actually created. The rest were revived, or were manifestations of evil that already existed.

• 9 months later...

Kaze followed suit and soon they were raised into the air and vanished.

Soon they reappeared in the Sacred Realm with Saria standing before them, smiling faintly.

"Thank you... Because of you, I could awaken as a Sage... I am Saria. The Sage of the Forest Temple..." She paused, closing her eyes before smiling a little more and continuing, now looking directly at Link, "I always believed that you would come. Because I know you..." She held up a hand to keep either of them from speaking, "No... You don't have to explain it to me... Because it is destiny that you and I can't live in the same world. I will stay here as the Forest Sage and help you... Now, please take this Medallion." She raised her hands up and a bright light emitted from the sky, soon forming into a dark green medallion that slowly floated down.

The medallion turned into a green orb of light, before separating into two, and floating into the two warriors. Taking a step forward, Link reached out for Saria, but he suddenly began to feel lighter than air.

"S-Saria..." he choked out. "I..."

His vision suddenly faded as he was swept away, words of friendship being the last thing he heard from Saria. Moments later, he and Kaze were standing in front of the petrified Deku Tree. Link lowered his gaze, staring at the floor, feeling a sting of pain from within his heart.

'I will always be...your friend...'

Frowning in concern, Kaze reached out to put a hand on his shoulder. "Link-"

Anything she was about to say was cut off by quiet rumbling from the ground. Out popped up a round sprout who seemed to smile at them.

"Hi there! I'm the Deku Tree Sprout!"

OFF TOPIC:
Damnit DTS, you ruined the sombre moment!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.