Voyager of Time [COMPLETE]

giadrosich

Beat Queen Ghoma, went to Hyrule Castle, entered the old pot room.

Crashed...and I hadn't saved up till that point... >.<

Weird. I had one person before have it crash at that room, but I thought it was a fluke. Doesn't crash at that point for me, and no one else has mentioned that....hmm..

Sorry though :(

Hello! This is a really solid idea, so I'm looking forward to getting to the meatier parts of the game (I've already died 4 times and only made it to the slingshot... hah hah hah ah. I'm apparently not good at adapting to OoT controls on a ps2 controller. :P)With that said, the game runs just fine for me with nemu64, but a friend of mine is apparently having trouble even getting the emulator to run. He keeps getting "Error initializing plugins - can't continue execution." So I thought, "Oh, he didn't put files in properly" and I sent him my folder with everything in working order and he's still getting the issue (even while running as admin). Is there something we're missing? :( Googling the error didn't really give us any clues as to what he did wrong.

So...I've realized I really wish I had my PC laptop with me at school because my Mac book is not liking this game. For the most part things are fine, but randomly the game will hang/lag, and some static 2D maps have weird lines running through them.

Also, did I sequence break the game by grabbing the Master Sword from the broken entrance to the Chamber right after getting the Emerald? >.>

I feel really awful right now. There's just so many people having issues with this thing, but there's also people having no issues whatsoever. I don't understand it, I did everything I could to give the best instructions on how to set it up, but there's freezing, the game not playing, ect.

*sigh* I had four to five people test this, and they had no trouble with this, including someone who used PJ with glide. Is there aything else I can do other than tell people how to set it up? :(

I'm not talking to anyone here, I'm just incredibly annoyed by the influx of stupid people on Youtube who refuse to watch the video on how to set it up, or read the readme, or just the really dumb people who say "oh, what's changed? It looks the same!"

Compounded on the fact that I can't be on here trying to help out with everyone who has an issue.

There isn't much more you can do.

The game is running A+ on PJ64 for me, albiet one crash. The other times it messed up I was mashing buttons and it ended up trying to activate one of the debug features and failed to. But those are commands you really can't do on purpose so... I just wouldn't worry about it ^^ let people know about the prepatch, because after I got the prepatch downloaded in ran smoothly for me.

I can definitely understand that, work hard to make a game, release it to the public and then have them run into problems, but things are getting resolved and a lot more people are able to play it now than they were last night. Patches can be funky and it can be hard to find a good ROM. I think I'll take a screenshot of my PJ64 setups so people can use that.

I can definitely understand that, work hard to make a game, release it to the public and then have them run into problems, but things are getting resolved and a lot more people are able to play it now than they were last night. Patches can be funky and it can be hard to find a good ROM. I think I'll take a screenshot of my PJ64 setups so people can use that.

That would be good, because apparently the average youtube user can't use Nemu. I'm going absolutely nuts.

That would be good, because apparently the average youtube user can't use Nemu. I'm going absolutely nuts.

I could get Nemu working, easy. I actually tend to get better results with PJ64, so I switched over.

Gee, I feel really bad for you, giadrosich. Your hack looks amazing and I can't wait until I get home to play it! I downloaded 6 different emulators to see which one works :P. Even though I had trouble with Nemu last night, I won't flood you with a million questions. Good luck and can't wait to see your future work! :)

Gee, I feel really bad for you, giadrosich. Your hack looks amazing and I can't wait until I get home to play it! I downloaded 6 different emulators to see which one works :P. Even though I had trouble with Nemu last night, I won't flood you with a million questions. Good luck and can't wait to see your future work! :)

It's okay, I've told myself to learn from the experience, grit my teeth, and move on. The next thing I make will be better and run better. *fist pump* FOR EVERYONE!

All you can do is learn from this, yeah! That's the spirit. :) I guess I'm one of the lucky ones since I haven't experienced a single problem yet. Didn't crash in the old jar room, either. (Edit: knocking on wood for the sake of our sanities)SeithDarkwraith: Thank you for this! I'll send it to my friend to see if that helps him so he can play too. It'll be fun to compete with someone~

Dose it matter if I patch it to a ".N64" file, or dose it need to be a ".Z64" file?

( its probably a stupid question, but hay, I've tried just about every thing to git it to work and only to fail.)

I don't think it matters.

Have you tried downloading the prepatch rom?

I didn't need to, I already did the CRC patching my self, and it stopped the infinite loop thing. So now, its just not wanting to play for me

Dose it matter if I patch it to a ".N64" file, or dose it need to be a ".Z64" file?

( its probably a stupid question, but hay, I've tried just about every thing to git it to work and only to fail.)

I don't think it matters.

Have you tried downloading the prepatch rom?

I didn't need to, I already did the CRC patching my self, and it stopped the infinite loop thing. So now, its just not wanting to play for me

I did the same thing. It got stuck in an infinite loop for me too. I downloaded the prepatch and it was fine. You probably have a bad ROM

While using Nemu64, the ROM plays sound, but loads no video, and I receive the message Error: too many commands executed. Stopping dlist processing at the bottom of the emulator.

Did we find a solution for this one yet?  I'm getting this as well on nemu64.And don't worry, giadrosich.  You put enough effort into this.  If some people can get it working, everyone will eventually find a way.  :)

All I've done is step out of Links house and speak to the Kokiri and im already feeling it. The way the text is worded is so in the same vein as the original. Im playing in SixtyForce in Mac os 10.8.3 with default settings and the game ran fine first time.

• Like 1

Beat Queen Ghoma, went to Hyrule Castle, entered the old pot room.

Crashed...and I hadn't saved up till that point... >.<

Weird. I had one person before have it crash at that room, but I thought it was a fluke. Doesn't crash at that point for me, and no one else has mentioned that....hmm..

Sorry though :(

I had the same problem. I was playing it on my N64. It may not happen on emulators at all. Like Zelda's Birthday, I couldn't even leave links house without it crashing. Even though people don't have that problem at all on emulators.

Don't get disheartened by people either. Everyone's a critic, somethings they say just to hurt you, other people are just giving feedback.

Personally I love these new dungeons, they are hard as nails. You're talking to a guy who's played OOT at least once, or a few times a years since it's release, and I still ended up dying a few times, and I think that's pretty cool. It's harder but not ridiculous.

I just hope I don't have to go in that room with the pots just to beat this thing

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.