Voyager of Time [COMPLETE]

giadrosich

I'm really honored to be sponsored as an official project, thanks to everyone who has helped out so far! I hope we can continue making this mod really interesting!

And with the help of Jason, I've managed to make significant strides in Hyrule Field using his actor program.

zora_zps2bc5b366.png

Expect to see little things like this around in Hyrule Field. It's not much, but one more thing to actually make the game feel inhabited by the races.

I doubt you could without editing the map, but it would greatly improve Hyrule field if there was some sort of hut/cabbin somewhere. Maybe even someone sitting outside the house.

Well, I think some of the houses in Kakariko are actually actors so I would think it would be possible.

Sorry for the late response, I just saw this project now! It's looking very neat!

In response to the person who said that bosses should be replaced, I would have to go against this. I love bosses in games, especially Zelda. Now, it would be nice to see some changes. I understand that you said you don't have the ability to modify bosses and make new ones, like URA is doing, but you should be able to mix it up a little. Add some traps into the room, put some normal enemies that spawn in during the fight as minions for the boss. Imagine if Twinrova could summon Torch Slugs and Freezards. I'm sure that you could design some things to make the bosses even more interesting. What if you added a bit of a puzzle element to the fight? Unsure how you would do this, though. Imagine if something like Barrinade had an ice barrier around it in its stationary form, that you had to use fire arrows or something similar to take off in order to hurt it? Little things like that, and spawning minions could make the bosses interesting. 

Another thing you could maybe do with bosses is have the fights with them be elsewhere in the story? We've seen this with the Ganon in Lon Lon Ranch video. Maybe fighting some of them twice? Imagine if you fought Twinrova with a small modification in the Spirit Temple where you normally fought her, and then again toward the end of the game somewhere before Ganon with even harder modifications.

• Like 1

Well, I think some of the houses in Kakariko are actually actors so I would think it would be possible.

I checked out Sayaka, ZAP2 and through the actor list, but I don't see anything. I do know the shooting gallery in Kakariko is an actor, but it would be a bit odd to have that building out there.

As for creating my own house, I've been messing around in Sketchup, but I have no idea how to import objects and make actors/objects/variables for them (I assume they need that). If I could make the object and someone teaches me how to import it, then perhaps. Hyrule Field would be nice to have a tiny village outcropping.

How big should the building be, perhaps?

As for the enemy thing, I actually have been working on some stuff that adds more challenge in the boss chambers, but not going to reveal that until later.

I checked out Sayaka, ZAP2 and through the actor list, but I don't see anything. I do know the shooting gallery in Kakariko is an actor, but it would be a bit odd to have that building out there.

As for creating my own house, I've been messing around in Sketchup, but I have no idea how to import objects and make actors/objects/variables for them (I assume they need that). If I could make the object and someone teaches me how to import it, then perhaps. Hyrule Field would be nice to have a tiny village outcropping.

How big should the building be, perhaps?

As for the enemy thing, I actually have been working on some stuff that adds more challenge in the boss chambers, but not going to reveal that until later.

Here's some impotent things to know about when Using SketchUp I found.

[post=https://sites.google.com/site/flotonic65/modding/n64zeldadoc/modelpresets]Here[/post] 

Hope it helps ;)

• Like 1

I'm looking really forward to this project! Nice job, even though this project will have mostly minor edits, it is defiantly for sure worthy to play. I'm starting to get interested into Zelda hacking, and might make my own project someday...

I hope you do enjoy it. :) I am working on a few surprises though, with dungeon puzzles and all that, so hopefully it'll feel fresh. With the storyline overhaul, new sidequests, new route through the game as well as more NPC involvement, it'll have something for everyone in it. I'm working on the dungeons and doing my best with them--it's hard to fit new puzzles into an already-changed layout.

Nothing terribly interesting to show off, my recent workings is skulltula movements, so can't really show that off for sake of spoilers ;) Thought you guys might want more examples of NPC conversations.

text1_zpsd27af8c3.png

text3_zps3bb1a8d0.png

And just for lols:

lolganon_zps909c3583.png

EDIT: Website is updated and very shiny! Thanks to ShadowFire for setting it up for me and making it look awesome! Be sure to spread the news to friends about the mod so they can try it out. http://voyageroftime.the-gcn.com/index.html

Progress Update!

This took way longer than it should have really what with issues with the issues I've been having with the rom. They are fixed though, and I've learned how to not override maps like an idiot. :D

puzzle_zps6b95e6f7.png

I don't want to show too much of the dungeons, because what little change there will be, then it wouldn't be a surprise. So don't expect too much in that way.

That dark green tunic. That Hero's Shield. That block train. Biggoron Sword? Fairy Ocarina?

The fairy ocarina is because of first file debug rom weirdness. I had just switch swords. Now, in the regular file that people will get, there is going to be some weird ocarina shenanigans until you get the actual ocarina of time. Since you time travel so much and all.

Just a small progress update, no pics though, sorry.

It's rougher to post updates for dungeons, as I've said. I don't want to spoil things, but I also want to keep people updated on what I've done.

Kid dungeons are completed as well as Fire/Forest Temple. I've been attempting to think of things for Water Temple, but the problem with that temple is the water levels. My main goal is to change the flow of the temples, and the flow of that temple is SO particular with the levels. The best I can do is prevent getting the longshot two seconds into the level. I'll keep working on it though, of course.

The best I can do is prevent getting the longshot two seconds into the level. I'll keep working on it though, of course.

^ this you can beat the water temple in master quest in minutes by picking up the longshot than jump slashing through the boss door. Have you considered removing the water entirely and use the hover boots to move around? I'm not sure if they last long enough to make some of the needed jumps though

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.