Voyager of Time [COMPLETE]

giadrosich

The Spirit Temple music is pretty cool.

And I just noticed the bow as a child :o

That's a product of the debug rom. It's actually the slingshot.

I'll offer to import the music for you, if you want. You'd have to ask them for MIDI files.

Okay, I'll get in touch with 'em then, thanks. :)

The mention of the final battle taking place at Lon Lon Ranch is interesting, if only because of a video by Airikita's Cave who placed Ganondorf in Lon Lon Ranch to prove he could be loaded elsewhere.

I think Ganon's Tower is definitely a bit more... fulfilling? Than going to adult Lon Lon Ranch and fighting Ganondorf, heh.

A Celtic Flair is a curious choice. Wind Waker was very Celtic/Irish so seeing more of that would be nice..

The mention of the final battle taking place at Lon Lon Ranch is interesting, if only because of a video by Airikita's Cave who placed Ganondorf in Lon Lon Ranch to prove he could be loaded elsewhere.

I think Ganon's Tower is definitely a bit more... fulfilling? Than going to adult Lon Lon Ranch and fighting Ganondorf, heh.

A Celtic Flair is a curious choice. Wind Waker was very Celtic/Irish so seeing more of that would be nice..

That's very funky, but awesome.

Yeah, celtic music is just my favorite, that's why I want it sort of have that type. I did love the Wind Waker music a lot. Yeah, Lon Lon Ranch isn't as...climactic I suppose, but it is an interesting idea.

Ran across a strange thing while doing Forest Temple shenanigans today--wrote a different route through the temple, and somehow ended up with an extra key and all the rooms explored.

oddkey_zpsd81f61cd.png

Not sure why or how this happened. (The chest on the map is one of the chests I've changed, so I think that's why it's still there).

I'm not sure if there's something happening like in the water temple, where there's a flag attached to a key somewhere, and by rerouting it, discovered this. I'd have to go through room by room again.

That is fairly strange. But I'm sure you've noticed by now that any treasure chest you've moved or added doesn't correctly show up on the map? It was for this reason that map (items) were taken out of Zelda's Birthday at the least. 

Or am I completely wrong and new locations of treasure chests and new treasure chests do show up?

In any case this is clearly not the first file. I can't think of the reason that would happen off the top of my head. 

Going through room-by-room I have found the problem. There is something going on with the flags I think, but not sure how. Are chest flags also attached to door flags?

This door right here:

lockeddoor_zpsa3af7aa9.png

Is not locked in my rom. Picture was taken from a video walkthrough. I went through the temple normally and such, not opening the chest I did change, and the door was still unlocked. So, theoretically, if I open the chest, the door should unlock then, right? By the chest just being there, should the door be unlocked?

Here are the keys I get and use:

Key 1 - first room
Door 1 - first corridor (leads to main chamber)
Key 2 - Wolfos room
Door 2 - Block room (leads to twisted hallway 1)
Key 3 - Redead room (attached to west courtyard)
Door 3 - West twisted room (leads to first Poe sister room)
Key 4 - In the well
Key 5 - East courtyard (song of time puzzle)

DOOR 4 (second poe sister room upper level-leads into second twisted hallway) <---the one that is unlocked from the start
Door 5 - East twisted room (leads to fire arrow puzzle)
Key 6 - East courtyard (drop from ledge)
Door 6 - falling ceiling room (leads to block Poe sister room)

Keep in mind that this is being played on the second file.

Progress Update!

Been working on Adult Hyrule Field and sprucing it up a bit by breaking it down as much as I can. Still working on adding more objects so I can really do what I want to with it, but so far, I think it looks pretty good.

hyrulefield2_zps852d1e81.png

hyrulefield3_zpsbcfcd905.png

Fixed my Forest Temple problem by just adding a rusted switch instead of a statue. Fixes the door problem of it being unlocked, and still prevents access until you get the hammer.

forest4_zpsdf9bd03c.png

Kokiri Forest has gone through some changes as well. Not even the most innocent places are untouched by Ganondorf.

forestadult1_zps707a1526.png

forestadult2_zps69528d38.png

Small Edit: I have also replaced the Kokiri sword using a patch for the Razor Sword to keep in line with my MM gear. Not too sure if I'll keep it, but we'll see.

razorsword_zps664911e3.png

It's a dark green tunic actually, the video quality is a bit bad when showing the basic tunic.

The gold blends a bit too much with the hair in my opinion, but if more people show distaste at the tunic, I'll mess around with colours. It's difficult to nail down a colour everyone likes.

Question, if you want this project to be more puzzle based, have you thought of replacing the bosses with really difficult final puzzles that have waves of enemies come out as you progress?

If I manage to figure out how to actually add objects/actors without having to replace them, that is a viable route, but if I did manage it, then I would concentrate on actually building up the dungeons a bit more. The bosses are fun in their own right. Good suggestion, but a bit beyond me at the moment. I'm working on it.

Question, if you want this project to be more puzzle based, have you thought of replacing the bosses with really difficult final puzzles that have waves of enemies come out as you progress?

You can have the bosses as they are now and add puzzle elements to it. After all my first Zelda mod many, many years ago (was one of the first Zelda 64 mods made at the time) changed Ghoma so that invisible scythes were in the room and the only way around this was to find a safe spot away from the scythes to attack Ghoma. It made things a lot more difficult.

With Jason777's tool actor limit in boss rooms especially should be a thing of the past.

• Like 1

Ugh, I LOVE how that rusted switch blends PERFECTLY with the cut tree. Wow, holy wow. Like, it looks so legit. Broken trees in Kokiri Forest, good writing (how many mods have you seen where the spelling and grammar are shot?), and just a clear penchant for changing the game world just enough so it doesn't feel forced. I'm really becoming a solid fan of this project.

So as far as tunics go, you have planned:

• Dark Green
  • Brown
  • Light Blue

Yes? The Dark Green imo is too dark, bordering on black (as you're well aware). It's riding that indecisive line between the two, so I think you should either go black or lighten it a bit so it's not a forest green, but maybe a darker grey-green. Really, that color is actually quite handsome (the font color). The brown and light blue are cool though. All three become nice earthly, celtic-color alternatives to the traditional green, red, and blue. Reminds me of when you're selecting a color for your team in an RTS from a drop-down list. First several colors are bright primaries and secondaries, then you get into the duller alternatives that are typically more attractive and easier on the eye.

Though instead of choosing alternate colors for the sheer sake of doing so, I would advise finding a narrative reason. I mean, to expand on the missing "Sheikah" and "Gerudo" tunics, maybe you could do:

• Purple Tunic
  • Orange Tunic or Brown Tunic
  • White Tunic with Black Undergarments (Referencing Fierce Deity)

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. I'm gonna go with the concept artist on this one. You clearly know colours, and I like the grey-green as well. I'll have to do some colour tests in the rom to get exactly what I want.

I have actually tried to find the offsets for the undergarmets, but I think they may be attached to the model itself. I haven't found any documentation on them yet, but I'll continue to search. Searching for me means changing crap in hex until something happens.

Funny you mention purple, when I found out I could change colours, that's the first thing I changed Link's tunic too as a test. I also tried orange, but it had an "escaped prisoner convict" vibe and didn't look quite right in-game. I have also tried the white tunic, but I think it was a bit stark. Eyes are drawn to white naturally, so I don't want Link himself to become distracting from the world around him.

For sure, I'm going to have a reason for the tunic changes. Thanks for the suggestions, I shall continue to look at colours and post up some alternatives. Considering you have Link the entire game, I want that aspect to be enjoyable for all.

Awesomeeee. So yeah, thought it over again. If you went with:

• Slate Green
  • Brown
  • Purple

To replace Green, Red, and Blue, these would be apt alternatives. Slate green is still green, brown is similar to red, and purple is half-blue. I really do find that brown (from the pics) to be quite handsome. To see slate green and purple paired with it... boy, that would be mighty attractive. Give it a shot! :P

All right, I've had a go at these colours. I'm liking them.

tuniccolours2_zps9c8d2482.png

Also, had an idea for trees in Kokiri Forest while messing around. Take two trees, upend one, and then have one sort of float to the side, and viola:

cuttree_zps37dad43c.png

It's a cut tree. ^_^

A shame they don't have bottoms though, but I can forgive that.

This looks better with every day :o. How long have you been hacking now actually? About 4 months? It´ll take quite a while for me to get this good... with a hex editor at least (sooo many numbers and letters...) and then there so much stuff I wanna try out xD. Well whatever I´ll just keep at it until i know my stuff ^^.

This looks better with every day :o. How long have you been hacking now actually? About 4 months? It´ll take quite a while for me to get this good... with a hex editor at least (sooo many numbers and letters...) and then there so much stuff I wanna try out xD. Well whatever I´ll just keep at it until i know my stuff ^^.

Actually, the first thing I ever did was a month ago, and that was actor hacking using a gameshark code. I knew nothing of hex editing at the time, and the rest was just persistence and learning one thing at a time. Believe it or not, this mod started out as just a straight text edit. Just keep trying stuff until it works. ^_^

Actually, the first thing I ever did was a month ago, and that was actor hacking using a gameshark code. I knew nothing of hex editing at the time, and the rest was just persistence and learning one thing at a time. Believe it or not, this mod started out as just a straight text edit. Just keep trying stuff until it works. ^_^

Hehe well I´m the kind of guy who starts something and then just leaves it like that and then starts something new and then again something new until i´ve started 10 unfinished projects and then come back to the 1st one :D. But yeah that´s what I´ll do (while studying and doing homework.... education sucks but it´s important lol)

Hehe well I´m the kind of guy who starts something and then just leaves it like that and then starts something new and then again something new until i´ve started 10 unfinished projects and then come back to the 1st one :D. But yeah that´s what I´ll do (while studying and doing homework.... education sucks but it´s important lol)

I tend to have a lot of projects going on, but I'm determined to not start anything until this thing is done with! XD

Progress Update!

Messing around in the title sequence brought me to this. I really like how it came out, gives a great tone to the start and you see a tiny glimpse of the Gerudo control going on. Can't seem to get wind to work for me though, I'd like to have the cloth fluttering in the breeze, but ah well. I'm so glad I got the lightning to work for me just where I wanted it.

I am in love. Those colors work PERFECTLY. He's wearing the three secondary colors now. Fantastico! Bravo! These colors, I feel, reference the aesthetic influence that Termina had on Link. He retains his green (albeit a darker, more handsome one), and then ends up wearing brown (Skull Kid) and purple (Majora). Not deliberately so, but in terms of thematic color resonance, once thought of, the idea cannot be ignored. I still see Brown as "Gerudo Tunic" and Purple as "Sheikah Tunic", though I'm not sure what you intend to do with them. The Green is more or less the "Hero's Tunic" now.

Also: dat lightning, dat rain, and dat flag :D

Thanks, I like them too, I appreciate the input.

I do have a reason for the purple one, but I'll post that up at a later date when I get it nailed down. I'm still working on a reasoning for the Goron tunic being a different colour, but it could be as simple as a more effective colour to guard against heat. Naming it after the Gerudos could perhaps be a gift to the Gorons after Link became friends to both. If there's a way to get the tunic from someone other than the Link Goron, that would make it easier to explain. Really, getting the tunics in different places would be awesome, but I think that's again going to ASM stuff with actors and all that. x.x

I've tried to look at topics on changing what NPCs give you, but perhaps I'll go back to it and see if I get it now.

Project Promotion

I have decided to promote this project, and have it officially affiliated with The GCN. I will also be working on redoing a website for giadrosich, included with subdomain.

The link is currently accessible via http://voyageroftime.the-gcn.com but for the time being, it simply redirects to the currently existing wix.com hosted site. Once I have time, and both myself and giad have worked out a template to use, I will be gathering all the source, and recreating the site.

This decision has also been reflected by her recent promotion to Deltoid.

• Like 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.