Issues/Feedback for VoT

giadrosich

Hey Giadrosich, what hex editor did you use? I was wondering since I am thinking about making my own full game hack as well. I don't know if the one you used for VOT would be best, or not, it is the first Full hack that works on real hardware. Though I noticed that the grotto holes glitch where I can't see them more than half the time on real hardware. Awnsers? Thoughts?

Not sure why you couldn't see them....there's an answer why they become razor sword hole in the readme (which everyone forgets to read--people on youtube I mean), but as for not seeing them on real hardware, not sure. ;~; Wish I had the money for everdrive.

As for hex, I used a combination of XVI32 and HxD, heavy on the XVI32 side. If I suggest one though, I would go with HxD, you can copy/paste and open multiple files with that one.

Not sure why you couldn't see them....there's an answer why they become razor sword hole in the readme (which everyone forgets to read--people on youtube I mean), but as for not seeing them on real hardware, not sure. ;~; Wish I had the money for everdrive.

As for hex, I used a combination of XVI32 and HxD, heavy on the XVI32 side. If I suggest one though, I would go with HxD, you can copy/paste and open multiple files with that one.

Thanks! I will download it later and mess with it, and try to find a few youtube tutorials for that one specifically.

I read the read me so that wasn't an issue.

• Like 1

Mido saying "I'll let you go buy and save her though." made me giggle (go grammar). (Occurs in Lost Woods as adult).

Also, @heavy1390, grotto holes also mess up for me a lot on pj64 (even for normal OoT or MM), but not nemu....

The owl right before getting the silver gauntlets not only addresses you as if you're an adult instead of a child (unless I screwed up hard and wasn't supposed to get there as a child....), and at the end, he asks you if you want to hear what he said again (instead of if you don't want to, I made sure), but selecting no makes him repeat it anyways.... Saying you want to hear what he said again finishes the dialogue.

The owl right before getting the silver gauntlets not only addresses you as if you're an adult instead of a child (unless I screwed up hard and wasn't supposed to get there as a child....), and at the end, he asks you if you want to hear what he said again (instead of if you don't want to, I made sure), but selecting no makes him repeat it anyways.... Saying you want to hear what he said again finishes the dialogue.

That's the joke. XD

You're not "actually" grown up, it's just because of the time travel weirdness. I might have worded it badly.

Inside The Deku Tree
The ghoma egg that is placed in the crawl spot. If you crawl through it from the opposite direction, the egg will spawn on you when you get halfway through and load the room containing the egg. 

Temple of Time
Since it is split into 2 rooms, you can't see the broken Door of Time from the pedestal room, so when exiting it, you may sometimes end up running right into the door piece.
Perhaps it'd be possible to place the broken pieces in both rooms, so you always can see them?

Dodongos Cavern
When you get to the upper floor, follow the path where the bomb chest is placed in the regular OoT into the room with 2 fire circles, then into the lizalfos room.
After defeating the lizalfos, walk through the next door. You will walk straight through a bombable wall. I suggest removing it. :P

Lon Lon Ranch
The 2 (duing the day there's only 1) stone pieces that're connected to the building allows you to jump/climb up onto the roof and getting OoB (this allows you to get epona without eponas song, and during the night)
The rubble that's on fire at the south that goes through the fence causes you to glitch through the fence if you walk toward the fence at the correct spot from the inside.

And lastly, you start with bombs on C-Down when you turn adult. This is normal behaviour, since you're supposed to always have bombs available at this point. Would there be away to make it so that you start with a blank slot there instead? Small details like these are what makes the mod look better.

I'll continue posting stuff as I go along. I've just recieved the OoT.

Inside The Deku Tree
The ghoma egg that is placed in the crawl spot. If you crawl through it from the opposite direction, the egg will spawn on you when you get halfway through and load the room containing the egg. 

Temple of Time
Since it is split into 2 rooms, you can't see the broken Door of Time from the pedestal room, so when exiting it, you may sometimes end up running right into the door piece.
Perhaps it'd be possible to place the broken pieces in both rooms, so you always can see them?

Dodongos Cavern
When you get to the upper floor, follow the path where the bomb chest is placed in the regular OoT into the room with 2 fire circles, then into the lizalfos room.
After defeating the lizalfos, walk through the next door. You will walk straight through a bombable wall. I suggest removing it. :P

Lon Lon Ranch
The 2 (duing the day there's only 1) stone pieces that're connected to the building allows you to jump/climb up onto the roof and getting OoB (this allows you to get epona without eponas song, and during the night)
The rubble that's on fire at the south that goes through the fence causes you to glitch through the fence if you walk toward the fence at the correct spot from the inside.

And lastly, you start with bombs on C-Down when you turn adult. This is normal behaviour, since you're supposed to always have bombs available at this point. Would there be away to make it so that you start with a blank slot there instead? Small details like these are what makes the mod look better.

I'll continue posting stuff as I go along. I've just recieved the OoT.

The first two are just the way loading zones work. I'd have to put in another set of objects to make it look seamless, and I think people can handle walking around the rubble.

You might be doing DC backwards. I'll check on that though.

I know about the Lon Lon Ranch issue as well. If people want to use that to get Epona, then go ahead.

From what I know (and my skill level is very small) the adult reset cannot be changed. The game always puts bombs on your C-down when you go adult, and this is shown when people do DOT skip. I assume you'd have to do a lot of coding stuff to get that otherwise. I didn't see it as an issue for anyone, so...I didn't bother with it. I personally think that it's a good reminder for people they're supposed to look for bombs and go back. Everyone seems to ignore Shiek's advice to get what you came for and go, but ah well.

These are very small aesthetic issues, but I shall keep things like this in mind for future projects.. I'm more concerned about gamebreaking things like not getting light medallions, things of that sort, so you really don't have to tell more stuff like this if it doesn't effect gameplay.

Well, I figured I'd mention these things just in case. I was aware of why most of these things happened (as I've been running and glitching OoT & OoT3D for many years now), it's just that I really like the mod so far, and if minor issues like these wasn't there, it would look much better to the average gamer. It'd look more professional if anything.

I'm not sure how I ended up doing DC in reverse though... I reached the switch on the lower level which activated the elevator to the upper level. from there I could do the upper section in reverse, skipping a lot of it (I did clear every room to collect the skultulas though)

But yeah, I've not found anything gamebreaking so far, which makes me happy. (except for the already known market place house crash, and fog issues, which can be solved by going to kakariko village)

Well, I figured I'd mention these things just in case. I was aware of why most of these things happened (as I've been running and glitching OoT & OoT3D for many years now), it's just that I really like the mod so far, and if minor issues like these wasn't there, it would look much better to the average gamer. It'd look more professional if anything.

I'm not sure how I ended up doing DC in reverse though... I reached the switch on the lower level which activated the elevator to the upper level. from there I could do the upper section in reverse, skipping a lot of it (I did clear every room to collect the skultulas though)

But yeah, I've not found anything gamebreaking so far, which makes me happy. (except for the already known market place house crash, and fog issues, which can be solved by going to kakariko village)

You doing DC as adult or child? It's meant to be done as a child.

You doing DC as adult or child? It's meant to be done as a child.

I did it as a child.

I'll backtrack the dungeon at some point and see what went wrong.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.