Issues/Feedback for VoT

giadrosich

I didn't intend for this to fit perfectly into the mess that's Zelda Timeline. This is just a new story not worrying about where ig oes. Now, there IS a third adventure implied in Termina that we never see, this is why Link has Tael. If the story doesn't matter too much, it's what I tried to work on most in the hack, so I'm sorry.

I can't think of a large amount of text that went unchanged, unless you mean shops and such. If it fit okay, I usually left it, so that could be it.

Thanks for the feedback though, and I am glad you're enjoying it :)

I've noticed some text that the NPC's will say go off screen. I noticed a lot of text went unchanged as well. The story seemed good at first until the Deku Tree said he was the Deku Tree Sprout. That made the entire story Non-cannon because trees just don't grow that fast, and link was back in his own time line before the Deku Tree Sprout popped out of the ground. Even though it was after MM it couldn't have been that much longer, Link is still a kid. I would make some changes to the story.

That's just my feedback. The story doesn't matter much to me though. The important thing is the dungeons and main/side quest, which you did great on.

I lul'd at some parts, like the girl in the shop protesting people using the Deku Tree for sticks and Shields.

I've been busy lately so I haven't even seen princess zelda but I'm about to get off and play

The text that went unchanged was usually from whenever I tried to talk to an NPC more than once. There wasn't that much that went unchanged. I done the same thing when I tried to change all of the text in the OOT Debug with the OOT Text Editor. I was sure I had changed everything until I played it, and yeah Zelda even tends to contradict itself at times. The Hyrule Historia sorts most things out, but even the Zelda bible has a couple of non-canon-ish things it explains. Idk if the Hyrule Historia can even be considered non-canon, even though some things do contradict themselves.

I posted this in the other topic, but I guess this is a more appropriate place:

I'm using nemu, and when I load the CRC Voyager I get audio just fine but the screen is just black.  Here is some of the discussion from the other thread:

People who are getting black screens in Nemu, you either aren't enabling the expansion pack (8 MB of RAM) or it's a plugin issue. Download this version of nemu: http://spinout182.com/ar/nemu64.zip

Could you expand on this a bit?  I'm using that version of nemu64 you linked, and the CRC Voyager.  How do you enable the expansion pack?  How might I fix a plugin issue?  I'm essentially a three year old when it comes to this stuff...

EDIT: I found the settings, and I do have the expansion pack enabled.  In fact, if I put it on 4MB, I immediately get an error as soon as I run the rom, so it's not that.

Underneith the expansion pack setting I found the graphical plugin setting, but only have one option.  Is there something I should download?

I've been playing this and enjoying it very much.. i am stuck and need help, i am at zoras domain and need to find the bottle.. i have the golden scale but now i don't know what to do.. I've spent a whole day exploring lake hylia and zoras domain, please help me!!

Check with the Zora's in the area, one of 'em will give you a hint. Make sure to speak with the scientist and check the signs in the area as well. If still having trouble, let me know.

Yeah, about the name thing, unfortunately that was an oversight on my part. The text tool uses <link> to put the placeholder name in, but when I did a ctrl f search, I didn't notice the lack of brackets. And I'm thinking my testers used the name Link for their character.

Hey, I'm actually getting pretty far into the game, however I have a question. I found the Biggoron's Sword by doing the pretty easy sidequest, but when I went to do the trading sequence to see if anything else came of it, Biggoron will not accept the broken sword. Did you remove this part of the game?

Yeah, I thought I had removed all the debug settings, but you can still skip cutscenes. It's a shame really :/ I'm hoping someone will do a regular speedrun for the game though. I'll try and fix that on a patch release probably.

Erm, I found out you can get infinite golden skulltulas (not the normal ways either)....

There's this tilted tree in future kokiri forest that if you bonk will drop a golden skulltula. Get it, exit area, re-enter area, bonk again, and another falls out.

And bonking tilted/broken trees fixes them.... MAGICAL RESTORATIVE BONK!

EDIT:

This tree:

Posted Image

• Like 2

I'm a little lost after the events of Dodongo's Cavern. I've made to to Zora's Domain, looking for Ruto, but I can't find her or the bottle. Am I missing something, or am I completely oblivious to something that's in my face?

If I may, could I please draw attention to that first post that I made on this page? I'm just a little confused about if you removed that sidequest at that point or not. I take out the broken sword, and it just says that I can't use it there.

You should just get the biggoron's sword from the chest in Hyrule Field, there's really no need to do the sidequest at that point. I didn't specifically remove it, just figured people would ignore it. You shouldn't be getting the Giant's knife at all, Jason gave me a code that makes that not happen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.