SayakaGL - New Zelda OoT/MM level editor

xdaniel

Salvage66: http://wiki.spinout182.com/index.php?title=Maps_and_Scenes#Transition_Actors <- explains how transition actors work, and in turn what "Front R/C" and "Back R/C" mean. Of course the Wiki doesn't use "Front R/C" and "Back R/C" but reading that and my last post should be enough to make one understand what's what.

Also, as for the red Hyrule Field, we need a tutorial, or at least a little explanation, about the combiner and its commands...

EDIT: http://core.the-gcn.com/index.php?/topic/388-the-n64-color-combiner/ - it's a start.

Edited by xdaniel

This is looking great, xdaniel! I havn't had much time to use Sayaka but is there a feature to be able to edit different object sets of maps? For those of you who don't know, object sets are what are behind the difference in loaded actors and objects between Child and Adult versions of levels.

This is looking great, xdaniel! I havn't had much time to use Sayaka but is there a feature to be able to edit different object sets of maps? For those of you who don't know, object sets are what are behind the difference in loaded actors and objects between Child and Adult versions of levels.

Actually, to correct you there, object sets are the numbers that tells the game what model to load up into the map, models containing Npcs, map objects, events ,etc. Object sets are not just for young and adult link, but also cutscenes, etc.

I really need to write some documentation for Sayaka, huh? :P

Well, what we call Object Sets are the most visible manifestation of different room headers. Thus to select one of them, on the "Scenes" tab, right-click you room in the room list at the bottom, then select "Room Header" from the pop-up menu, and select which header you want to use. Generally the order is 1) Child Link Daytime, 2) Child Link Nighttime, 3) Adult Link Daytime, 4) Adult Link Nighttime and 5+) cutscenes, this isn't always the case, tho.

hmmm one meaningless question, can the player actor be edited in sayaka? UoT Doesn't allow it since it is 'n00b friendly' (tho the bet way too teach a n00b is by letting him/her experiment and fail).

hmm object sets, I dun really care if it's implemented since it just takes seconds too add it :P

Certain scene header properties can now be edited, the room header is next. The labels are subject to change. Also improved saving, which has been sped up by a large margin.

I just gots to try a new release soon!!! :P EDIT:Hey i have a qustion do you work on this all alone or do you get help like with testing and such.Or is this a one man project for you?If not who do you work with this on?Ps Devmap looks like it has some good aspects.

For Sayaka, the coding I'm for the most part doing myself, excluding a few parts that were heavily inspired by UoT, i.e. not copy'n'pasted over, but very, very close in function. Testing is being done by Zeth, Naxy and Arcaith... who I told they'd get a new build already a while ago http://core.the-gcn.com/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif Gotta get that done tomorrow or so...

For Sayaka, the coding I'm for the most part doing myself, excluding a few parts that were heavily inspired by UoT, i.e. not copy'n'pasted over, but very, very close in function. Testing is being done by Zeth, Naxy and Arcaith... who I told they'd get a new build already a while ago :P Gotta get that done tomorrow or so...

Well with that being said when can we expect a new release soon?Trust me when i say this that this work is

inspiring! http://core.the-gcn.com/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

Can it be ported to Linux? Probably. Reading up on Mono, the Mono Migration Analyzer tells me that there's one P/Invoke call which I already knew about (the debug version opens a console window for output) which has to be replaced/removed, and a bunch of those that are made by OpenTK, which can be rebuild on Linux.

Will it be ported to Linux? Dunno. Outside of OpenTK, it doesn't seem to be too difficult to port and initial testing can be done on Windows, but it's no priority for now as there's other stuff to take care of first.

Xdaniel may i make a suggestion for transition actor editing?When editing a transiton actor it should show a green transparent wall indicating where the transition is and what direction it begins in?For like when the trasition actor is rotated so is the wall always letting you know its connected right.Alot of begginers would like this and im prety sure it would come in handy.

• 3 weeks later...

Technically it's not about Sayaka supporting custom maps or not, but about inserting custom maps correctly into our ROMs. That's what we're not doing correctly yet, and that I am looking into currently. Don't expect any grand results anytime soon, tho, as I keep drifting from one project to the next and back :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.