SayakaGL - New Zelda OoT/MM level editor

xdaniel

It doesn't seem to identify any of my Ocarina of Time roms. Every rom I try gives a "ROM could not be identified" error.

EDIT: It does seem to recognize a OoT ROM ripped from the Virtual Console wad.

It just doesn't recognize any of my debug roms. :P

EDIT: I don't know why all of my debug roms have a CZLE ID...

Sage of Mirrors: Saving already works for uncompressed ROMs, that is either the MQ Debug ROM or modified OoT/MM ones (64 MB, no Yaz0 data blocks).

V64 format ROMs are byteswapped, basically Z64 ones with a different byte ordering (something like "BADC" vs "ABCD", forgot the actual order) - relicts from the days of those backup units. I honestly don't want to mess around with those formats (there's a few more, I think?), and just support the straightforward Z64 one. There's tool to convert ROMs between those formats, tho, one's called "Tool64" or so, but there's probably plenty of others. I might look into supporting them directly if there's enough demand, but it'll be a headache to implement I'd imagine.

As for the camera, movement is done using the mouse and WASD keys like in most FPS games, so W and S zoom the camera.

Kargaroc: It does support OoT J/U v1.0-1.2, PAL v1.0/1.1, MQ Debug, MM J v1.0/1.1, U v1.0, PAL v1.0, US Kiosk Demo and Debug, all of which have been tested. You sure ex. your regular OoT ROMs aren't bad dumps or anything? Also, the Game ID of the MQ Debug ROM has been subject of debate before. I'm used to it having "NZLE" as the ID, so that's what SayakaGL supports. Again, if there's enough demand for the CZLE ID, I'd add it for the next release.

(Hope I've covered all the questions so far)

Salvage66: What game, what scene? Also, could you post a screenshot? Don't have any kind of problem like that here.

oot debug rom apparently all the scenes have at least some black textures.Does that mean its a major bug? :blink:Sorry sage but mine saves fine and so do my waypoints i made it look like the horses went crazy lol.Edit works almost perfectly in half of mmdec.So im guess its certainly has to do with sayakagl.

Sage of Mirrors, saving should be implemented in Sayaka--at least, it was implemented in one of the beta builds I received while testing it for xdan, and I know for a fact it works. You should be able to save your changes just by clicking File -> Save or by pressing ctrl+S.

Kargaroc, entries for versions of the Debug ROM with the ROM header "THE LEGEND OF DEBUG" will generate this error. To fix this, either change the ROM header with a hex editor to "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" or change the .ini settings included with the program to identify the ROM by either appending a new heading or modifying the current one to read "THE LEGEND OF DEBUG" for its header to identify the ROM.

I haven't done any major changes to the saving code, so it should be working fine, just like in the beta builds.

Posted Image

As for those black textures, Salvage66, there is a known bug with lighting which affects outside areas when viewed from certain angles, but not dungeons or similar maps, nor outside maps no matter the camera position.

Posted Image

Is this what you're encountering? If not, please post a screenshot of how an affected scene looks like in Sayaka, and also what kind of video card you have.

I haven't done any major changes to the saving code, so it should be working fine, just like in the beta builds.

http://i.imgur.com/QwZlh.png

As for those black textures, Salvage66, there is a known bug with lighting which affects outside areas when viewed from certain angles, but not dungeons or similar maps, nor outside maps no matter the camera position.

http://i.imgur.com/i4Xq1.png

Is this what you're encountering? If not, please post a screenshot of how an affected scene looks like in Sayaka, and also what kind of video card you have.

Heres a scene like i said almost all of them malfunction.Posted Image

And here are my stats Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Naxylldritt
Please do not needlessly quote large images in posts.

Seems like I can't really help you, some googling confirms my hunch that your graphics chip is responsible for those problems. Intel's integrated graphic chips have gotten better over time, but still aren't exactly powerhouses when it comes to gaming and such, and apparently especially OpenGL is a problem for them.

There's one single idea I have that I will implement in the next release - adding the ability to disable SayakaGL's combiner emulation, at the cost of rendering accuracy - but I'm not sure if it will help.

Seems like I can't really help you, some googling confirms my hunch that your graphics chip is responsible for those problems. Intel's integrated graphic chips have gotten better over time, but still aren't exactly powerhouses when it comes to gaming and such, and apparently especially OpenGL is a problem for them.

There's one single idea I have that I will implement in the next release - adding the ability to disable SayakaGL's combiner emulation, at the cost of rendering accuracy - but I'm not sure if it will help.

Thats ok im getting a new computer soon anyway.But if your idea works ill give it a shot.Plus it still works for me i made the horses look like there on a rampage like i said.plus im great at things like guess who.The only thing i cant figure out is how to view adult link maps.Ill probrably post and ask what kind of specs i should get.

For one, OpenGL cannot be installed manually, as far as I'm aware, as each graphics chip/driver has its own implementation of OpenGL. And second, I think v1.5 isn't actually required anymore... I'll change some of the initialization process (directly checking for the GL extensions Sayaka is using, instead of just the version number) for the next build.

Guess a kind of bugfix release is in order? Maybe later today...

EDIT: SayakaGL v0.1.1 ready; changes are:

• OpenGL initialization process improved, now checking for individual GL extensions instead of overall OpenGL version number
  • Combiner emulation can be en-/disabled via Options menu ("Options" -> "Enable Combiner"), disabling it might help on graphic chips with limited OpenGL support; automatically disabled if not all needed OpenGL extensions are supported
  • Improved/added progress indicators when saving changes to ROM; progress bar (lower right corner) was previously only displayed under Windows XP, also added "Saving..." message to status bar and changed mouse cursor to wait state for the duration of the save process
Download: http://magicstone.de/dzd/random/sayaka/SayakaGL_v011.rar Edited by xdaniel

SanguinettiMods: Well, if the roofs in Kakariko are teal, then it is not working correctly. I mean, it's working in the sense that it's usable, but the graphics emulation isn't fully (combiner not emulated, which is used for multi-texturing and many color mixing effects) because of the missing OpenGL extensions. As for the camera problems, that I don't really understand - it doesn't have anything to do with OpenGL, so this is kinda surprising. You could try selecting "Reset Camera" in the options menu, although I don't really think this'll help...

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Actor_List

And 0032 is actually the Stalfos' object number, not the actor one, which is 0002. But keep in mind that after editing an actor in Sayaka, you might have to manually add its object to the object list in the room's header if an actor using that object wasn't already in the room. See this page - http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Maps_and_Scenes - for more infos about the room and scene headers.

Really nice, Last I heard anything of this it was still in early development only released to a few selected :P

**I am a lurker at different forums**

I finally decided to register here now that I have some more time on my hands :P

**Downloads**

**Unzips**

**Tests**

I will give some feedback later.

I HATE custom maps.

Posted Image

This is only possible with a whole bunch of technically superfluous code which I should have never written. Also, there's no support for Display List editing, actor editing, waypoint editing, and even saving yet - basically everything you'd actually need.

...fuck this, I'm going to rip this out again and rather spend a few more weeks or so figuring out how to either properly import maps, or how to fix the DMA table to support maps as they're being imported now -.-

EDIT: There. Made backups of the modified files just in case, but now reverted to Sayaka just ignoring custom maps.

Edited by xdaniel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.