SayakaGL - New Zelda OoT/MM level editor

xdaniel

I can't make one as I don't have Linux installed anywhere. For the moment, I can try to make sure it works in Mono. Which it still doesn't, but that's not my main concern right now.

Anyway, status update, you can now change what objects are loaded:

Posted Image

Double-click one of the objects, enter the new object number and press enter, and click Apply to, well, apply the changes.

By the way have you looked into transition gap display as id like to call them from where I talked about being able to acully see where transition actors change there places like with the black plane?Also this looks amazing cant wait for the next release.

Looked into it, tried it, doesn't work right and looks bad. So just use the axis marker's green line as the guide instead; made it a bit thicker for more clarity. As for seeing which direction is which, I might see if I can add that, but then again, one can just rotate it once more if it's the wrong direction or something...

Posted Image

EDIT:

Posted Image

Mainly GUI changes - headers are now selected on the header tab, and the rendering of all actor types and waypoints can be toggled on and off via the toolbar. Will get to the room header editor next...

Edited by xdaniel

• 3 weeks later...

LOVE the new look of the toolbar and the tabs xdan. This next release is clearly going to be a giant step towards replacing UoT. Keep up the good work, and when you have time, think about exits if you can. Implementing that would be awesome. :P

Little todo list, mainly for myself so that I don't forget what I'm planning for this:

Release v0.2 todo:

- Finish room header editor

-> Make new build for testers

--> Bugfixes/etc., then public release

Preliminary v0.3 todo:

- Collision/waterbox data reading and rendering

-> Add collision editing (probably just polygon type assignment and properties)

- Certain GUI fixes and improvements (actor, waypoint, DList selection)

- Look into vertex editing (no promises!)

...or that's what I can think of right now anyway. Been a long day and it's 4 am :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

SayakaGL won't open roms patched with john_smith_account's NO_DMA. The error is: Unhandled exception has occurred...Index was out of range...

The editor also randomly switches to other actors while you are editing actor numbers; it's a pain to have to go back to the actor everytime you changed its number.

Finally, it's a bit difficult to change actor numbers and variables because the editor needs to have always four numbers there; you have to change every bit individually. I don't want to complain! These are only suggestions.

The editor is really nice and easier (or faster) to use than Utility of Time (I've found the cake!). I hope it will become our main editor for non-custom maps, SharpOcarina being the importer and editor for custom maps.

• 8 months later...

It's planned to be able to edit more than the previous version, yeah, although I don't yet know to what extend. Still need to work on the foundations more, then worry about the structures built onto them :P

Also, the existing Sayaka shouldn't have (many) problems with editing things... I know that Display List editing is a bit shaky - mainly because of the interface, not the code for saving and such - but beyond that, editing actors, transition actors, spawns and waypoints should work properly. Neither did I have any problems with that, nor did the testers back then report any really serious bugs.

• 6 months later...

Three rewrites I started, give or take one, that never went anywhere later... one did go somewhere. Started in early December last year, stalling before Christmas, then being worked on again on and off during January, the thing is actually getting places. It's still not done, it's still not out, in fact there's still a whole lot of functionality missing, but the core components are - for a change - actually reasonably easy to work with, as opposed to the hackjobs that were SharpOcarina and the released SayakaGL.

Please don't take this as an official announcement or anything, tho. I'm posting about this now for two reasons: first, to gauge interest. It's supposed to become an editor for existing scenes - moving actors, spawns, waypoints, the works, editing other header settings, etc. , as well as potentially actors - mainly moving around bones in hierarchies. Is there any interest in something like that, with Sayaka, OZMAV2, UoT, etc. existing? And the second reason for posting, simply so that I don't forget about it. Now that it's out in the open, and as I have a good feeling about this thing, it'll hopefully drive me to keep working on this, although PanelFlip for PSX is still the #1 priority because of the contest I want to enter with it.

Anyway, two rather early WIP screenshots. The graphics/Ucode interpreter library (NanamiRCP) is working quite well already, while the OoT/MM-related stuff in the editor itself (SorataVSE) is still in its infancy, in the "rudimentary map/model viewer" phase to be exact.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Once again, I have no idea when, or if, this'll be ready for release, just like with the previous Sayaka rewrite a few posts above. I am feeling better about this one tho, so... take that however you want. Although considering my awful track record with these things, who knows if anyone's actually still interested in the programs I write and post about...

(Also, cookies for anyone who gets the reference in the names)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.