Official Screenshot of the Day Thread

Zeth Ryder

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I play BG2 without an experience cap, and I've been doing that for a while. My main character is a triple class--a level 50 fighter/level 40 mage/level 50 thief (translation: utterly insanely overpowered), normally weak because of the cap, but without it, I can get insanely ridiculous abilities. It occurred to me today that one in particular, Simulacrum, creates a slightly weaker clone of the caster to fight alongside you. BG2 also includes multiplayer mode, which allows for character importing from saved games. Entertainingly enough, duplicates are fine.

Ergo, gentlemen:

2598t9l.png

Can you say BI-HEXI-WINNING?

• 1 month later...

A literal screen shot:

Posted Image

Note the bright line near the top of the screen, plus the tiny one near the top-right? Also the very faintly visible one near the bottom? The LCD equivalent of screen burn-in. ...not to mention what appears to be uneven lighting as I just noticed, with the bottom of the image being somewhat brighter, no matter the viewing angle.

Oh well, it's probably time to get a new screen anyway, this one was free and supposedly broken when I got it several years ago...

Posted Image

I made the font - 960 bytes, wrote a quick little RLE thing and got it down to 662 bytes. I then wrote mvaddch() and mvaddstr() functions which used the font. This is the result - on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 - on real hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.