SharpOcarina - Zelda OoT Scene Development System

xdaniel

I knew my normal calculations were pretty bad, but those are probably the most severe glitches I've seen so far... Anyway, any scene that's designated as outdoors in SO will have normals enabled, which'll also influence other settings (skybox, time flow, etc.) There's no option to enable or disable just the vertex normals, either, so you'll need to set the scene to indoors, then manually change the header to enable ex. the skybox.

If it is possible to set the skybox, etc. independently from each other, it would be really nice to have an advanced option in SharpOcarina where you could enable and set the values for the skybox, time flow....

Without using advanced options, one could still choose between indoors and outdoors.

You really make a great job with your tool! I won't complain, take all the time you need. I'm really thankful for what is for me the most useful tool.

If you make a collaboration, their programming or designing skills surely will greatly improve SharpOcarina.

• 5 months later...

thanks xdan, the demo still don't like me. but don't swet it, I can figer it out. thanks for all the help :D

I just figerd out that the black screen that was left when I exported my .obj file was because my exporter plugin (Zbyl's.X) dose not support textures to well and so I was wondering if some body could please show me where I could get a free sketchup exporting plugin.

• 1 month later...

Make sure you're not currently running SketchUp and go into the default installation directory for the program, there should be a folder named Plugins. Just drop the .rb files in that folder or any subfolder if you like, start up the program, and that script should be available under the plugins menu on the top bar in SketchUp. Some plugins may create new options elsewhere, so be sure to check the readme for plugins to know where to look for them when you want to use them.

Hey, xdan; At one point you had shown us a re-write of SharpOcarina. Do you still have plans to continue that? I'm still waiting for proper alpha texture support and maybe a few other things, for example.

We have to wait until the mood strikes him.

*Flails arms and chants* "SharpOcarina...SharpOcarina"

Plans, yes, but I've gotta be honest, haddockd is right about the mood thing. My usual approach to coding is pretty much "get really into something; once the passion fades, do something else". I do return to the unfinished stuff periodically - see SharpBoy, although that still hasn't seen the next release I promised in October or thereabouts - so that SO rewrite... or rather, yet another one I've been toying around with, after being inspired by the design of marshallh's racing game editor he gave me the source for... anyway, that is still on the cards, that is still something I'm working on, on and off.

It will take time, I don't want to make a mess of it again, like with nearly every project, every unfinished POS I've done so far - and if anyone with any understanding of C# has ever looked at ex. SO's source (ex. haddockd?), they know what junk it is.

tl;dr: Still want to replace SO, still toying with stuff, maybe better don't count on it. Or at least not during this year.

That is a very disheartening quote there xdan. :<

I know, but that's how it is... I'm actually a bit wary of starting any sort of project, fearing that it'll just turn into an unmanageable monster like SO did, or like SayakaGL did. Or that I'll just drop the project after jumping into it head-first, then hitting said head on the floor of the pool, that is, the proverbial wall. I really fear that one of the two will happen to this as well, which is why I gave that negative kind of estimation.

• 1 month later...

That's one of the things I'm wanting to do as I continue learning C#. I have already made something that can display textureless maps, so obviously my next step is to figure out textures. Then I'll try to create a converter. My ultimate goal is to be able to convert skp, obj, 3ds, ma, and mb files. I'll most definitely need help, but it's going to be a while. I'm learning both C# and MIPS simultaneously. That's so I can try to eventually make it something a little more wide scale. I've temporarily abandoned my pokemon project to learn as much programming as possible for this. 

I'm having problems exporting my map. Every time I try to export it into the game it says this-

Posted Image

Here's the details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Exception: No collision model defined
at SharpOcarina.ZScene.ConvertScene(Boolean ConsecutiveRoomInject, Boolean ForceRGBATextures) in C:Dokumente und EinstellungenDanielEigene DateienVisual Studio 2010ProjectsMapDevMapDevZScene.cs:line 279
at SharpOcarina.ZScene.ConvertInject(String Filename, Boolean ConsecutiveRoomInject, Boolean ForceRGBATextures) in C:Dokumente und EinstellungenDanielEigene DateienVisual Studio 2010ProjectsMapDevMapDevZScene.cs:line 206
at SharpOcarina.MainForm.injectToROMToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:Dokumente und EinstellungenDanielEigene DateienVisual Studio 2010ProjectsMapDevMapDevMainForm.cs:line 876
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MapDev
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Sairugoth/Documents/NEW%20COMPUTER%20REBRITH/Hack%26Crack/LOZooT%20editors/SharpOcarina-v06/MapDev.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
OpenTK
Win32 Version: 1.0.278.44921
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Sairugoth/Documents/NEW%20COMPUTER%20REBRITH/Hack%26Crack/LOZooT%20editors/SharpOcarina-v06/OpenTK.DLL
OpenTK.GLControl
Win32 Version: 1.0.278.44921
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Sairugoth/Documents/NEW%20COMPUTER%20REBRITH/Hack%26Crack/LOZooT%20editors/SharpOcarina-v06/OpenTK.GLControl.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Can someone please help?

Did you create the map yourself?

yes, I did, and I triangled it all off too.

remember you have to select both the collision obj (the scene) and the texture obj (the map) in SharpOcarina

and yes, I made a collision map to go with it, but for some reason I keep getting that error.

You're placing the collision file in the wrong area. That's part of the rooms (mesh) tab. You should specify the collision obj in the general tab. You should see where you select the file as it is right beneath the scene and music specifier.

Your placing the collision file in the wrong area. That's part of the rooms (mesh) tab. You should specify the collision obj in the general tab. You should see where you select the file as it is right beneath the scene and music specifier.

Oh damn, dont I feel like a retard now. I should have seeing that earlier, damn it, but thanks for the FYI Jason :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, just reporting on SharpOcarina, a problem I've been having, and just discovered the fix for it (thanks to JSA!). This is probably something that could be fixed in a future release, because it's rather frustrating if you don't know what's going on.

SO doesn't fix entrance spawns correctly in the map. In my recent forest map, I have two exits.

0185 from custom map to hyrule field and 0169 from custom map to forest temple. I had two spawns set up, one at the start of the map, and the other in the hollow of a tree leading out. I set my collision types correctly and all that, and everything was pretty much working except for one thing.

The problem that kept occurring was Link always spawned at the beginning of the map, in my first spawn.

There were two things that weren't happening with SharpOcarina that I didn't realize. First, it doesn't fix the spawns that you set into the map, the variables are set to 0000 instead of 0FFF, so Link wouldn't have been able to spawn there anyway, as 0000 is invalid.

Also, it wasn't fixing the entrances. So, even though I had set two spawns, which should equal 00 and 01, and had set the exit collision accordingly (from hyrule field I have 00EE, and from forest temple I have 0209), it wasn't spawning Link in the second spawn.

JSA let me know that I had to go into the hex editor and fix the entrance index, as both spawns were set to 00 00, and change the second one to 01 00 as per instructions:

ppmm (repeats for each entry)
p = Which start position to use, defined by the start positions list (command 0x00) for the scene
m = Which map to load for this entrance

I would suggest a future update/bug fix to perhaps fix the problem of this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.