Fishing actor in Majora's Mask!

Twili

Is the actor only in Mujura no Kamen?

No I discovered that it's in all versions. Number 0079. Group/object 0124. Mujura no Kamen is the only one that has a debug message in the actor, though:

"HIT FISH %dcm"

Actor 012B should also be investigated, with object 015C. It has the text:

"FISH COUNT %d"

EDIT: Okay, that other actor is Gyorg.

Nintendo has never being good at cleaning up after themselves

I mean come on, have you seen some of the stuff people have found? They are really lazy when it come to cleaning up

Then again if they had of cleaned up properly we would of never found the cool awesome beta stuff that they left behind or the Freaky Fish Guy

That's some funky camera behavior. Does that normally happen when the actor is loaded or is that map specific, or a combination of the two?

It's most certainly not the actor. I think it's the collision data for the OoT map having different camera settings than MM maps or a result of replacing whatever MM map he did.

GREAT FIND!

I have strong reasons to believe you can get the fishing game working properly too!

To begin with:

http://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Majora's_Mask

.The Fishing Rod is another leftover that made it into Majora's Mask. If you try to use the Fishing Rod, you can cast it but the game freezes when you try to reel it in.

Confirms you can get the pole in MM.

I have more reason to believe the pond can be set to work proper, but first, would you test it with the pole? Please.

GREAT FIND!

I have strong reasons to believe you can get the fishing game working properly too!

To begin with:

http://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Majora's_Mask

.The Fishing Rod is another leftover that made it into Majora's Mask. If you try to use the Fishing Rod, you can cast it but the game freezes when you try to reel it in.

Confirms you can get the pole in MM.

I have more reason to believe the pond can be set to work proper, but first, would you test it with the pole? Please.

See, I've noticed that the OOT fishing pole won't work correctly unless the fishing man's actor is present, so adding the Fishing pole to link's inventory in MM and using it near the actor should allow for it to be correctly used even if the model does show up invisible.

Edit: I just gave it a try myself, the pole doesn't do anything, Link will hold it, but that's about it. Upon checking the Japanese game, Link will actually cast and it looks like there is text to reel, but it doesn't do anything afterwards, link just freezes there and can't move despite the actor being there. Perhaps we are missing a few objects for the map?

• 1 month later...

Is the cast distance always that short, or were you just reeling it in as you cast to shorten the distance? If the former, I wonder if there's a way to correct that. Perhaps there is a byte somewhere in the file that controls the distance. Also, can you actually catch a fish, or does the game crash/hang/etc when Link tries to pull it out of the water?

I'm surprised at how much of this actually works; with some additional information such as dialogue and getting the right music and sounds playing, we could very possibly see a fully functional Fishing Pond in Majora's Mask identical to the predecessor.

Awesome job, fkualol! Might I ask exactly what byte you changed and at what RAM address?

80424385 0002 when the fishing actor is loaded in south clock town.

Is the cast distance always that short, or were you just reeling it in as you cast to shorten the distance? If the former, I wonder if there's a way to correct that. Perhaps there is a byte somewhere in the file that controls the distance.

Are you talking about the parts where I'm casting with the hat? That's normal.

Also, can you actually catch a fish, or does the game crash/hang/etc when Link tries to pull it out of the water?

Link won't pull the fish out no matter how much you reel it in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.