SharpOcarina - Zelda OoT Scene Development System

xdaniel

As for the group names, they are being displayed and Mesh1, Mesh2, etc. are the group names...? Unless the modelling program you use uses that as a prefix or whatever, and the group name you define comes after a space or something? I'll just change it to simply read the rest of the line as the group name instead.

Yes, it turns out SketchUp is adding a prefix to each group name, I didn't realise.

Also, the waterbox room data I promised. Instead of:

0000qqqq

It seems to be something like:

00rrrrrr

where r would be pppp00 || 00qqqq

and p would then be room_number << 5

so a waterbox in room 0xD would look something like 0001A000

Edit: The saving error is fixed in that one, thanks.

Was just testing a map and noticed something rather odd. Fell off the edge and died, framerate dropped to 4 and I didn't respawn. Will investigate further.

edit: Okay, it happens no matter where I exit the map in that way. Also, would you be able to implement timeflow and time of day settings next build?

Other than that, this new build is fantastic :D Loving it :3

Arcaith: I've seen that before but can't consistently reproduce it. It could be related to the scene file's size, seeing how, out of the maps I have lying around, those with resulting scene file sizes of 8 or 10kb work flawlessly, while those with sizes like 22 or 56kb crash when you die and respawn... If that's really the case, I'd imagine this is another result of us currently just modifying the scene table, instead of doing 100% game-conform imports.

Gazpacho146: http://wiki.spinout1...ings:_Debug_ROM - the number after each offset pair is what you need, so Hyrule Field, for example, would be 81. But remember, if you want to replace multiple scenes in one ROM, you have to change the injection offsets for each scene you insert, otherwise you'll just end up overwriting the previous one.

Edit: Changes you can expect for the next build...

SVN r9: Fixed preview of texture tiling and tiling mode selection, added texture size sanity check, changed .obj group naming to use the complete remaining line, improved error handling, cleanup of debug messages (ignored in release builds), upped version number in advance

Edited by xdaniel

xdaniel, the program works great! But.. are you planning to add any texture effects (animating, glowing, etc.) ? Or Camera Effects like we would see in Jabu-Jabu's Belly?

Edit: I have a problem. This hasn't happened until today...

When I'm trying to move the Spawn Point, or Actor Cubes, it doesn't move. I'm not sure if it will in-game or not, I just know that it doesn't move in the preview anymore...

Just a tiny little problem, When I try to import a level over the Kokiri Shop it freezes.

i have this information entered:

Injection Offset: 02B8A000

Scene Number: 45

I got this info off of Spinouts scene listings or whatever, can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

and what is the scene number 108's level in the level select?

SanguinettiMods: Implementing any effects depend on there being information about them, or me being able to figure them out, so no promises on any of those. I will see about getting spinout's header extension hack implemented sooner or later. As for spawn points, actor cubes, etc. not changing their position, I have this problem when I use the mouse wheel to change the values; using that doesn't commit the changes to the scene. Do the changes appear in-game for you?

DeathBasket: Will see about implementing that for the next build, thanks for the info!

Gazpacho146: When importing a level using SharpOcarina, you should best set the injection offset(s) to unused space in the ROM, not to the offsets of existing scenes. You might've overwritten something which is now causing the game to crash. As for scene 108, that's 117:ささテスト (or whatever it is when using a patched ROM) on the map select.

Gazpacho146: Anything from 0x035CF000 to the end of the ROM is free/unused, which is just over 10MB of space.

Also, SVN status update, r10:

- Improved preview rendering performance, started to improve waterbox property support (thanks again, DeathBasket)

i imported at 035CF000 and i still got the error :D if you need the obj file just message me :D

Gazpacho146: Remember that 0x035CF000 is also the default offset for the room, so if you're injecting the scene and the room to 0x035CF000, it's bound to not work. Try 0x035CF000 for the scene and something like 0x03700000 for the room; if it still doesn't work, it would be great if you could send the .obj model over. I probably won't get to checking this right away, tho.

SanguinettiMods: Nice stuff :D

Ohhh, I think I don't even have to investigate much on this one because I tried importing that very same map before myself. It's an export from Banjo-Kazooie made using cooliscool's Bottles' Glasses - which assignes a new group for every vertex load in the original game. That amounts to 400-something different groups, if I'm not mistaken, which in turn means 400-something Display Lists that SharpOcarina generates. That's most likely simply way too much for the game, or maybe even the system to handle.

Hacky "fix": Replace all instances of "g VTX_SEG_" in the .obj file with "#g VTX_SEG_", which comments them out, then add a single "g modelgroup" line right after "mtllib Spiral Mountain.mtl" near the top. That should make the map import correctly, although - since it's only one big group - you can't do much in terms of collision types, translucency, etc.

now the game just freezes, here is a link to the obj

http://www.mediafire...lq2lsxc28io5ibx

Gazpacho146, your model seems to have quite a few polygon so I'm not sure it'll be able to import or not. The scale seems to be massive and there are bagillion groups within the model as well (too much and too lazy to count how many).

With a few tweaks and simplifying it might work in-game..

Alright, I'm having some trouble with multiple rooms.

First, I go through my door, and my second room loads. A waterbox that is supposed to be there isn't, it is only present in the first room.

Second, When I go through my door to my second room, and then go back to my first room som actors (Specifically Boulders) Disappear.

And Third, Treasure Chest Actors in the second room, register as if they were in the first room, so I need to change the Identifier in the variable... (Unless that's supposed to happen?)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.