Nintendo's E3 Press Conference Details (Starting with Wii U) (EDIT) [E3 2011]

Niosai

• 6 months later...

Right now, it's just a graphic demo. Nintendo said that all their demos are just that for now, but I guess we can expect a Zelda that looks like this at some point. Well, unless they pull a "GCN realistic Zelda demo" again and we get another Wind Waker instead.

I know this is slightly necro, however, when have we EVER seen a Zelda tech demo that looks anything like the first Zelda game to appear on the console?

Zelda 64 Vs. Ocarina of Time

Posted ImagePosted Image

Zelda GCN Vs. Wind Waker

Posted ImagePosted Image

Zelda Wii U Vs. Zelda Next

Posted ImagePosted Image

Well, to be fair to "Zelda 64" and OoT, that tech demo was shown rather early in the N64's life, before even Super Mario 64 was finished IIRC, and I'm guessing they were just getting their feet wet with 3D graphics. Or at least the 3D capabilities the N64 had - if the hardware was even 100% final by that point -, beyond the limitations of the Super FX chip.

Anyone think that the Wii U demo's colors look weird? Idk , they don't seem right.

And ALL the demos show the systems best, while Nintendo trolls us with something not the systems's best, see what I mean?

Bar Zelda Wii U, all of the Demos was PS3/360 footage :) And no, I thought Zelda Wii U looked fine colour wise?

Hey if this is this realistic, we may be trolled. Remember Spaceworld 2000?

Anybody who will look 5 posts up will remember what happened at Spaceworld 2000 :)

But to be fair, I'll take WW Link over Powerpuff Link any day. He looks like he came out of that bloody TV show Reboot from the 90s. Lighting is horrendous!

For reference,

Posted Image

I like to look at it this way:

(I am not including Four Swords Adventures as it is 2D)

Console game #1:

Ocarina of Time, realistic.

Console game #2:

Majora's Mask, realistic.

(but look, it was originally supposed to be a part of an expansion of OoT, and is made with OoT's engine, so it has no significance in this order)

Console game #3:

Wind Waker, cartoony.

Console game #4:

Twilight Princess, realistic.

Console game #5:

Skyward Sword, painted(more comparable to WW).

Console game #6:

No Name, I 100% bet realistic.

Just my opinion, and I am sticking by it.

Also, I loved Reboot. :)

This was a distress beacon from a probe on Talon IV.

What about the 3ds Zelda game? They said they would go or a "3D" game similar to a console Zelda.

Me personally, I hope they re-imagine ALTTP in 3D using Ocarina of Time 3DS resources.

Not enough info, but I'll go with what you said, except the OoT 3D Resources. Those were meant for a port, so MM 3D would work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest sakura

I'll make a new, more professional-looking post for E3 2012.

Sounds great, and it's really appreciated :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.