Latest game pick-up thread

xdaniel

so... saints row 4?? anybody know if this things good?

it was on the humble bundle store for 10 dollars and i thought "eh why not, goes to charity anyway"

also got an rpg maker bundle from humble bundle. came with xp, vx ace, and an asston of content packs.

and i got dark souls. and an afterglow xbox controller to play it on my pc.

but yeah my steam library is a lot bigger now... theres more that i havent mentioned

• 3 months later...

So my brother got himself Metroid Prime a few months ago and I finally got to play it. I'm not even 4 hours in and I already ordered these: [...]

More than 11 years later, and Metroid Prime still gathers new fans. The signs of a great game and someone with great taste in games? :D

Also, some random semi-recent pick-ups from me:

• Rollercoaster Tycoon 1-3, Beyond Good & Evil, The Settlers II: Gold Edition (via GOG.com)
  • Borderlands 2, Ikaruga (via Steam)
  • Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (PSP, US) and Etrian Odyssey: Forests of Eternity artbook

fzh3HNE.jpg

• Like 1

More than 11 years later, and Metroid Prime still gathers new fans. The signs of a great game and someone with great taste in games? :D

Hell yeah it is! I love it, it's sooo immerging. I Almost can't stop playing it. I never thought I'd say this, but man I'm happy as f**k that I'm sick today and that I didn't have to go to school because of it.

• Like 1

The envy is real  :o How is it?

It's... pretty great. The demo has one stage (Battlefield), plus one variation of that, as well as five characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Mega Man, Villager); the other stages and characters are visible but cannot be selected. There's two modes, a single-player 2 minute battle, and also local multiplayer, which I cannot try due to a lack of another 3DS/not knowing someone else with the demo. The game does run at 60 FPS, even with four characters in battle, and even with 3D turned on (unlike ex. Pokemon X/Y, which stuttered noticeably in battles with 3D on).

As for gameplay, it plays like Smash Bros. is supposed to play. Well, that's coming from a casual Smash player, as opposed to a tournament-level one, so I couldn't tell how exactly the mechanics differ from SSB, Melee or Brawl. The screen size is obviously smaller than those of the home console games, which gets pretty noticable when it zooms out a bit too far, ex. when a big assist trophy (ex. Andross) is activated, but I think it's fine otherwise.

Character-wise, I've only played as Mega Man so far, I think, who's a bit different from other characters. Basically, he appears to have fewer punches and kicks, and relies more on his usual weaponry - his basic attack is the Mega Buster, dash attack is the Top Spin, forward smash is a Charged Shot, which can be charged by holding the A button down, etc. Took some time to get used to after playing a lot of Link, Samus and Pikachu in SSB and Brawl.

Overall, the demo itself is kinda limited - I would've liked one more stage, or switching between stock and timed battles - but should still be a good indicator of how good the final game is gonna be. Or rather, how the final game "is", considering it's been out in Japan for a day or two. Anyway, I really like it, it's fun to play, even on a handheld - a regular, non-XL 3DS in my case -, and it sold me on getting the final game at launch. Won't be preordering it or anything, I don't think, but I'll pick it up as soon as I can ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some flea market pick-ups to report - and actually dating back to ca. 1 1/2 weeks ago, but whatever...

• R4i Advance (NDS Slot-1 flash cart)
  • GameCube WaveBird controller (sadly w/o receiver)

ghkunSQ.jpg

...and, while not really a pick-up, here's a quick and crappy photo of my crappy gaming setup - but it's MY setup, so I like it <3

YEG721C.png

• 4 weeks later...

*Jealousy ensues*

At least I got a few games from the Steam Sale a few days ago:

• Slpinter Cell
  • Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
  • Five Nights at Freddy's 2 ('cause it's more interesting than the first one)
  • Goat Simulator (yes... Goat Simulator...)

I also wanted to buy Half Life 2: Episode 1 and 2, but I forgot about buying them >.>. Don't ask how I could forget to buy 2 amazing games, I just did :(

*Jealousy ensues*

At least I got a few games from the Steam Sale a few days ago:

• Slpinter Cell
  • Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
  • Five Nights at Freddy's 2 ('cause it's more interesting than the first one)
  • Goat Simulator (yes... Goat Simulator...)

I also wanted to buy Half Life 2: Episode 1 and 2, but I forgot about buying them >.>. Don't ask how I could forget to buy 2 amazing games, I just did :(

I'm sure they'll be in the upcoming winter sale :D

14796744573_5dcdf5ffbe_m.jpg

I recently got LittleBigPlanet 3! So far it lives up to it's predecessors, but I can't work out why people are complaining about the bugs when LBP2 was one of the buggiest games I've ever played. In fact I've had less issues than I had at launch with 2!

Just a shame it doesn't perform too well on the PS3! Story levels are fine but some of the community levels can drop frames quite a bit.

• 1 month later...

Having a bad time right now, being forced to stay at my mom's place instead of my own apartment because of some rather extensive water damage there. Not going into more details, but for a few more you can check my twitter.

Now, as for gaming pick-ups, I bought something comparatively expensive to try and balance out the bad, plus I'm counting it as a bit of a combined late Christmas and early birthday present for myself...

- Used PlayStation 3 Slim, 320 GB; Dualshock 3 controller; HDMI, USB & power cables

- Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (also used)

- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (used)

ib1GjnH.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After playing Tales of Xillia and loving it I decided it'd get this:

[...]

20€ is a pretty damn good deal :P

And now I'm broke :D

I won't see the light of day for a while also...

And here I am, with just ToS Chronicles, and without having really played either of the games in it... That said, it's nice to see those PS3 JRPG collections coming out, like this here, there's a Hyperdimension Neptunia one (though the games aren't that great, from what I've heard), and I believe an Atelier (sub-)series one...?

Anyway, some not-so-recent gaming pick-ups! More PS3 stuff and some new-old stock for Dreamcast!

- PS3: Sonic Generations, Valkyria Chronicles and the Zone of the Enders HD Collection

- Dreamcast: 2 controllers, 3 VMUs (clear green, clear blue, clear black), 2 Vibration Packs, Jet Set Radio, MSR and Virtua Fighter 3tb

C3aqJGf.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.