FixtySour's Models and Things

FixtySour

Hey everyone! This thread is pretty much just a space for me to show you guys things I've put together, mostly models. I'll update it as I go, but for now, you probably won't see much here. I tend not to keep a lot of the stuff I make. If you have any requests, please do reply with it! I could use the practice.

ALttP Hylian Shield in OoT3D Style [3/15/15]

Gg2BOX3.png

jTGQhtV.png

ALttP Master Sword in OoT3D Style [3/16/15]

f4XwMQc.png

Octorok [3/20/15]

hnjTOOD.png

Shoshinkai 1995 Models

Shoshinkai 1995 Link [5/26/15]

1Q5D9H4.png

KkOtODm.png

Shoshinkai 1995 Darknut [5/26/15]

fc7OLtn.png

Jm3KYif.png

Shoshinkai 1995 Cave [5/26/15]

yAqoVAJ.png

3D Castle Town Market [5/27/15]
This is ported over scene 117. Won't work with ZELOOTMA.z64, for whatever reason. [Download] 

AuGEBAh.png

XvfQiEY.png

uqQFPgQ.png

• Like 8

Looks great! It looks very smooth and shiny for OoT.

I'm just curious... are you interested in designing dungeons? I don't know how skilled you are.

You don't necessarily have to come up with the layout, but perhaps you can help with ZEY when I get into a problem with making maps.

I tend make errors in UV mapping, or my textures are not very clean. Considering that OOT limits the size of textures...

I'm still considering the possibility of modifying OOT to use larger textures since it seems to me that OOT used to have higher res textures, especially from what someone told me about the Demo having higher resolution textures.

As long as you can provide me with a layout, I'd totally be up for that. And if you can get OoT to allow for larger textures, even better. The several times I've tried to paint new textures and scale them down to apply them directly to the game, they've come out looking like shit. :v

As long as you can provide me with a layout, I'd totally be up for that. And if you can get OoT to allow for larger textures, even better. The several times I've tried to paint new textures and scale them down to apply them directly to the game, they've come out looking like shit. :v

Ah, there's still work-arounds, but you have to apply multiple textures to different squares.

My winged bow once had 4 32x64 textures making it 64x128 wings. I split up the square plane into 4 equal sections (subdividing the edges) and making 4 sections of the one wing. Although, because the wing was conveniently white, I reduced the number of grey scale colors it used to a CI texture quality.

I think the new wing takes a full 64x128 CI texture now... that or I scaled it down, which I doubt.

Chances are low at making it work though, but it can be plausible.

Octorok

I'm gonna octo-rock your socks off with this one, kids.

hnjTOOD.png

Just kidding it's actually not that great but he still looks cute. The texture is 128/128 but I could make a smaller texture if it were to ever be used in-game or anything.

Please do make suggestions on what I could model if you're reading this!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

These are actually really great, and from first glance, they look low-poly enough for Ocarina of Time. It's hard to make decent-quality models while working under a polygon limit. Great job.

I actually find it easier to create low-poly models, especially when you have a goal. Regardless, these models are really good. I especially like the octorok.

• 1 month later...

I did my best to recreate everything from the Zelda 64 reveal clip that was shown at Shoshinkai 1995. (Yes, I'm aware that it wasn't in-game footage. It was still running on N64 hardware, which is good enough for me.) Here are some orthographic front and side views of the models.

Shoshinkai 1995 Link

Link's sword, shield, and belt buckle are all supposed to have metal shaders on them, but here, they are untextured. Also note that my eyes are quite different from the eyes on the actual model depicted in the reveal clip, as I'm almost entirely sure that the actual model had eyes modeled directly into Link's face, which is bad practice for very lowpoly models. I instead used Zelda II official art as reference to make my own eyes.

1Q5D9H4.png

KkOtODm.png

Shoshinkai 1995 Darknut

This is also supposed to have a metal shader on it, but here any metal areas remain untextured (white).

fc7OLtn.png

Jm3KYif.png

Finally, here's an image from within the cave I made for them to battle in. It's nothing special. I made sure to use Mario 64 textures, since this was a period when the game still highly resembled SM64.

yAqoVAJ.png

• Like 1

3D Castle Town Market

This is, unfortunately, incomplete. I modeled this several months ago, and was working with Gazpacho146 to get it fully integrated in-game. However, we ran into quite a few issues, and decided it'd be too difficult for us to implement ourselves. So, for now, I'm releasing it as-is. You can download it here. This is my first time creating a PPF, so it may or may not function correctly. I do know that SharpOcarina doesn't seem to work with ZELOOTMA, but another dump of the debug ROM let me import just fine. So, keep that in mind. [EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's ported over 117 in the scene select menu. That's pretty important.]

AuGEBAh.png

XvfQiEY.png

uqQFPgQ.png

• Like 2

The 3D castle town market looks great   :D

While I can't say I'm a fan of 1995 Link, your model does seem to be pretty accurate

hqdefault.jpg

ocarinademo02.jpg

Could use some shading though.

Thanks! And yeah, 1995 Link is pretty ugly to begin with. I just wanted to do my best to replicate it, and I think I did okay. I'm fairly certain that the model's textures lack shading, all of that looks to be handled by the game engine. Like Mario's SM64 model. Flat colors, shaded via the engine.

My next model is another attempt at beta replication.

Shoshinkai 1996 Link

This one wasn't too difficult, though the eye and shield textures were a bit tricky. Other than that, it was just making a few new textures/modifying Adult Link's final model, since I'm almost completely sure that the final model used is just 1996 Link modified over and over until it reached the Adult Link we're familiar with.

Nn5iaSD.png

d83IsaF.png

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I caught wind of the Link's Awakening mod, and I'm not too impressed with it. OoT isn't a pretty game, it isn't hard to replicate its visual style. It motivated me to take a crack at some LA assets, OoT-style. Starting with Link, of course. Feel free to download it and use it however you please. Just let me know if you happen to use it and credit me. Mabe Village is up next.

Link (Link to the Past / Link's Awakening) [Download]

3k8uNWz.png

Also, this:

YkkTVYV.png

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.