to know who we know

wakymaky666

Ive been scratching my head now for a bit and realized that ive been a part of this site since 2012 and i dont have a clue who any one is or what your like.... 

i have started this post to give the opportunity (thanks to auto correct to help me out because i cant spell to save my life haha) the opportunity to give us all plus new people an insight who we all are and what roll we all play in this community on the GCN.. i strongly believe that 2015 is the year that we will see some of the coolest mods and accomplishments in zelda modding because this community has grown so much and is growing every day more... the idea behind this post is to explain what is your skill and likes and dislikes to help us all work together as a team so that we have a better understanding of who each person is... i have been a member since 2012 and all i have to say is i dont have a clue who shadow fire is or who sairugoth is, but his work looks amazing, or who jason777 is but i think hes cool because hes helped me out a lot and he has the same name as me lol and i only just realized that airikita is a chick... not saying that thats important, im just saying that damn.. 3 years that ive been here and i dont know that much.. what im saying is that this community doesn't feel like its excepting new comers as much as people like me that have been here for 3 years and i feel like we all need an update on who we all are... 

let me start....

you see me as wakymaky my actual name is jason.. ive been on gcn  since 2012 and have been reading up work on zelda hacking since befor utility of time came out.. i always wanted to make my own plots and story lines on zelda 64 since i found out that zelda hacking was posible (long ago) and now thanks to a lot of people on this site made software like sharp ocarina and scroll of time and so on... the simple programs ; )  i have been able to accomplish some awsome stuff.. i do mostly 3d work with 3ds max and i would like to show you some of my work and what i can do, and every day im getting better... my goal is to take advantage of the high res textures plugins for the emulators but make custom maps to look there part just as oot3ds and i have to say so my self i can make the n64 look like the 3ds... allmost hahah... but mostly i want to keep that zelda 64 feeling and more of the the spooky feel like majoras mask.. 

when i found this site i had no idea how to even install 3ds max let alone use it but i was so hooked.. so determent to accomplish my goal and share with the world my very own zelda story "sounds crazy right haha" all i needed was to be able to make my own 3d scenes and change the chat boxes of what npc said and with them two things i can make an entire new zelda concept... all i can say that its a work in progress and hope to here everyone elses story's... 

2NLecVx.png?1Dmqb6Lc.jpg?12x9HmS6.png?1

• Like 1

Good idea.

Okay, for those that don't know me yet, the name's Carsten (yes, that's my username backwards, deal with it), I'm 17 and I joined the Community in 2013. I was born in Chile, lived most of my live in Germany and spent 2 amazing years in Toronto Canada (I got all three nationalites, but I see myself more as a German and Canadian). I speak German, English, broken Spanish and learned to speak some really shitty French in school.

I joined this site because URA and the Nightmare mod  awakened my interest in Zelda modding. I learend quite a bit of stuff (I specialized in map- and model making), and even was part of the Tainted Blade project, wich sadly died due to inconsistentsies in Member activity, and my laptop falling apart. This lead to me stopping to mod for more than a year, which in return lead to me forgetting A LOT. I've tried getting back into it now, but I've got different things on my mind lately, and for some reason there isn't much motivation there (School's kind of a killer). But that doesn't mean that I still work on a map from time to time, which is actually a nice stress relief.

I'm still willing to help out others though, even if it's not much I can do.

Also:

and i only just realized that airikita is a chick...

You should have seen how I emberassed myself infront of Kusai when I realized she wasn't a dude :D

EDIT: I thought I'd add my Skype here, if anyone is interested in cahtting with me: carsten.lichter We can talk about all kinds of stuff, especially games, and shows/anime

I guess I will go next. 

My name is James Andrew Harris, I am 20 years old working to earn a degree in Performance and Events Production. I joined the site a month or so before May of 2013 to work on an upcoming mod, Voyager of Time. I have remained a part of this community as a composer, now I am working with Heavy Z and Sairugoth on their individual mods, composing is something that I greatly enjoy. Outside of the modding community, I am working on trying to find a place within a gaming company or a game as a composer, I also help run theater events as part of an admin team. Other than that I have a few beers on a Friday night and get involved in networking, social events as a whole, and whenever I go to my friends house for a movie night, just the ordinary stuff.  

I don't have anything more to say about myself. Now shameless self promotion. 

A link to my website - http://jamesandrewharriscomposer.webs.com/ (unfinished, I still need to fill in some new information) 

A link to my soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/jamesandrewharrisgrant

Okay, let's see...

As you can probably guess from my nickname, my name is Daniel. I'm 27 years old, turning 28 next week, and a trained office management assistant who's looking to get into computer science and application development. I'm German, thus speak German natively, speak English rather well, and know a few bits and pieces of Japanese.

As for The GCN, I joined the site in 2010 (according to my profile), but I've been around various Zelda 64 "beta" and hacking/modding websites since 2001 or thereabouts, beginning with - and staying with it, I believe, until its end - Zelda's Secret Ocarina, or ZSO for short. After helping to map the "Beta Quest" and creating GameShark codes to help navigate it, such as the "Object Set Modifier", I started programming Zelda-related tools in ca. 2007, picking up some C and later C# along the way. Since then, I guess I've mainly been known for the tools I've written, such as SharpOcarina, SceneNavi, or the OoT3D model viewer.

I had also dabbled in creating mods for the game, with "Nightmare's Proving Grounds" actually resulting in a demo being released in 2007. This project, however, came to a halt after Utility of Time damaged my modified Forest Temple beyond repair - at least according to my knowledge back then; it probably would've been fixable had I known more about transition actors.

I'm not working on anything OoT-related anymore right now, aside from said OoT3D viewer, which I've been messing around with from time to time. Instead, my attention has been on a few other games and programs for them, such as ex. Etrian Odyssey for the DS, as well as the 4th game in that series for the 3DS. I also contribute to TCRF, The Cutting Room Floor, a wiki dedicated to unused content in video games, hacking into games to find and document leftovers from development.

Otherwise, I'm a fan of video games - from Etrian Odyssey, via Borderlands, to Minecraft, to Zelda (and a lot in between) -, as well as many anime and manga - often more off-beat or otherwise weird series, but also good "mainstream" ones; I like hanging out with my friends, talking about stupid stuff while having a drink, sometimes going out to ex. play pool billiard (uhm, eight-ball, I think? I just know enough to play it...).

Sooo, yeah, I guess that's about it?

Ah, it doesn't matter if you just figured that out. I'm pretty in-your-face, so I can come off a bit strong to others. I certainly don't game like a lot of women, but whatever. I haven't concerned myself to enforce internet gender anyways. I like to drop the odd hint here-and-there, but I don't care being referred to as "he" by others. I'm pretty Agendered that way, perhaps.

I'm 28, my real name is Dorothy. I guess I don't mind sharing that now... seems like a few people know it anyways, so whatever. I enjoy playing a new MMO I started lately, ArcheAge. I used to be obsessed with MMOs, but quit them in a span of 3 years. None of them appealed to me, until this one lately. Just something I enjoy meeting new people on, and doing something social.

There's so much politics and sandboxing, it just feels more immersive to play like it's meant to represent reality, in a fantasy setting. I recommend checking it out too.

I enjoy modding ASM and finding new ways to switch around things, but I post enough so that I don't sound airheaded about it. I'm fairly humble, I don't like to take bs on the web, but only when I feel I'm doing the right thing.

I'm in Computer Science, and I just love code. There's always some way to transform it, and I look for that in Zelda OoT. It's mainly a learning experience, and I wanted to dig my teeth into hex to fully comprehend what things do in RAM, and OoT has given me that opportunity with this community and the documentation. The information is always useful to look into when I have a poke around in the game.

Personally I wanted an easier way to stick my head into programming, and advance my understanding to fully understand the inner workings of OoT, but mainly how the memory works.

There's still a lot going on in the game that still has potential to dig through to learn new things about programming and computers.

Other times I pretty much just get home, relax, and listen to Youtube most of the time, maybe play some DDR. I enjoyed watching anime like Kill-la-Kill, and I'll watch some recommended stuff. I'm not a big movie watcher, but I do find my favorite movie was Kickass. I find I like odd humor, or stuff that doesn't have the "happy ending" stuff. I love more down-to-earth endings, something that teaches what's real and not some fake Disney hope, like The Last Unicorn.

Well, since we're doing a more in-depth intro, I may as well throw in mine, considering I run the place, and all.

I am Shadow Fire, also known off the Internet as Matt. I'm a 29 year old homofag from Australia. As an Australian, I use proper English (when not using slang), and utilise different spelling than US English. I also use the metric system, and Celsius, because unlike the US, I know better. =P I jest, of course. It's just the way things are. I also speak some very basic Japanese.

Video games are a major passion of mine, which is what motivated me to make this community in the first place. I'm a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series, as well as the Mass Effect trilogy. I dabble in other games, from most genres, sans sports games. As a fan of Sonic the Hedgehog since 1991, I quickly developed an interest in the Sonic ROM hacking community back in 2003, where I began working on my own projects, though progress is much slower than a snail's pace.

As far as The Legend of Zelda goes, Majora's Mask is easily my favourite game, followed very closely by A Link to the Past and The Minish Cap, so it's obvious that I'm looking forward to MM3D. I'm also the author of an ongoing fanfiction, titled The Legend of Zelda: Tears of Fate.

Additionally, I was the story/text writer for the now-deceased Ura Project. My passion in that project, as well as my own Sonic projects was inspiration enough for me to enrol in my college course, a Diploma in Digital and Interactive Games. It is my hope to gain enough knowledge in this to be able to create my own content, or become part of a team to make something successful.

In addition to this website, I have three others: The Realm of Hylia (a wiki-based site used for documenting information from a Zelda-based Second Life roleplay that I am a part of), Cake & Carnage (a site and community dedicated to the Free Company/Guild that I am a part of on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn), and The Shadow Realm (a mini-site with which I host my various projects - with which I haven't updated in like, forever).

There's other stuff about me, but it would be boring of me to just go right ahead and say it, without leaving some mystery to me. ;)

• Like 1

Well I guess to start off I should say my real name is Douglas

I've been a member here for about 2 years now, I joined because I wanted to keep up with some Zelda mods in the work, shortly after I decided to start experimenting, and hacking OoT myself. I don't play a very big role here in the community I think, but I try to encourage people when I see them doing something cool, and help out anyone less experienced hacking Zelda.

I'm 24, and while I don't know how to do anything fancy like ASM hacking, or any sort of programming, I'm a somewhat seasoned OoT debug hacker. I can efficiently use most tools to mod the debug rom, though I'm not experienced making my own maps, or models.

I find it kinda cool, and a bit funny that I'm actually here, and working on my own mod now. Before I started I thought of some well known OoT hackers almost as celebrities (even though that sounds a little lame) I've always loved video games, and the fact that so many cool things were being done to my favorite one blew my mind, especially ones meant to be new games in their own right.

For me it would be kinda hard to describe my personality without giving the wrong impression, so I'll just name off some interest, and what I do

I work 6-7 days a week now, (recently had a change in my job schedule) it sucks, but the money sure doesn't

On my free time I try to watch the latest movies, and currently most of my time is being dumped into playing Video games like Dead Space 3, and Elder Scrolls Oblivion (even if the games are dated, I'm late to the last console generation)

I've always loved anime, and I'm really into music. I love video games equally, and I've been trying to build the biggest retro collection I can for some years now.

I don't hang out with a lot of people, I mostly talk to my fiance, get on the computer, sometimes mod, but mostly just watch tv, and game.

Music is a big passion of mine, always looking for cool new stuff, anything rock, techno, indie, punk, or metal.

My favorite kind of movies are action, horror, and fantasy. I like comedy, but I have to be around the right kind of people to really enjoy them.

I could go on, but eh'.

Lastly I guess I should mention what I'm most skilled at when working on OoT, and that is Importing music. I like to think I make some pretty good dungeon puzzles, and well, that's really all I specialize in lol. I can do way more things than that, but those two things are my favorite to do.

Okay, first of all..

and i only just realized that airikita is a chick...

You should have seen how I emberassed myself infront of Kusai when I realized she wasn't a dude :D

LOL! I figred out Airikita was a girl in the first week I sighed up. That didn't surprise me tho; what surprised me was that I found out the GCN was a sausage fest. The first community I ever go to and I'm like "What happened to all the girls? I thought community's were expose to be even in that sorta thing." (Tells you what I knew) :P

My real name is Josh. I'm 20 years old and very easy to get along with. You could call me the black sheep in my family because I'm 100% drug free and the rest of my family drink and smoke, I've got nothing against drugs personally. I'm just not that kinda person to do them, you know.  I'm big on any 3D Zelda games and Kingdom hearts. Another one of my all time favorite games is "Shadow of the Colossus" Now If only we could make a Zelda mod out of that game. That would be epic.  

I joined the GCN back in 2012 and like most people at that time, I was drawn to the URA. The GCN was the first online community web sight I've ever been to. Even talking to people online was new to me. Now I wasn't really interested in the URA's new story or the fact that the URA was a old Nintendo project. Non of that really mattered to me. The thing that really got me was that there was going to be a whole new over world. That really inspired me.

So right before the URA went down, I was planing my own mod. it was going to be called..

Logo1_zpsf5a0d50d.png

It was going to be about traveling through Sheikah demintional gates and finding your way back to save Hyrule from Ganon. But some time passed and I kinda gave up on the mod (seeings that I didn't know the first thing about going about making a mod back then) And then the URA was cancelled. Now I was tough "if you want something done right, you gotta do it your self" And that's exactly how I felt. So I started learning how to make maps with sketchup. And after a month passed I posted up "The Sheikah's Apprentice" June of 2013. It wasn't till after a few months later tho, I finally changed the story.

And so the only good skills I've really picked up so far is Zelda mapping. Once I'm done making all the map for my mod I'll move on to mastering the next the thing that needs to be done.

My real name is Dan and I have been a member since 2010. Before I perused here I was a member of spinout's forum and Glitchkill before it died. I am probably the oldest one here at 34 and I started modding OoT to create a new gaming experience for my now (ex) wife. I actually do not enjoy playing Zelda (lets not flame now haha) but modding got under my skin and I have been messing with it ever since. I did release a full text mod with a new plot, damage modifiers, music ports, and many other smaller goodies which many people enjoyed. I am in the process of honing it still for the community to enjoy. It is called the Ruinous Shards but it may be stuck because I am unable to find any beta testers who will complete the mod. Oh well.

I specialize in litigation software both support and custom software design and development. I have a Masters Degree in Information Systems and love to play golf, fish and turn based RPGs through emulators.

Name is Chris, I'n 19, about to graduate high school on the 25th. Going to have 50 credits out of 40 required. Apparently I have an IQ of 111.

As a child I had different medications that were technically goverment grade methenphedomines pescribed by doctors. Yeah, got pretty mentally screwed up. Thanks Doc.

I somewhat grew up really young due to having to help raise my little brother after my dad broke his back. Went through bad relationships as I was rebuilding up my "humanity" from the medication and withdrawls.
Met Shadow Fire before I joined this site, and he is one of my best friends, I am friends with him, Acarith (who made my wonderful icon.) ,Nestrack, and John Smith, as well as Takuhi and ExquisiteLeviathan, who is my mate by the way.

I'm Pansexual- I care mostly about the qualities and never the looks, though I can be pretty vain about my own.
My worst quality is I try to please everyone.

One of my best qualities is I can typically relate to others and solve problems.

I love Role playing games, Such as BioWare's "Dragon Age", Capcom's "Dragon's Dogma" and other nifty little things.
I personally do not like Wind Waker, loved Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask.
"Tales of " games are my all time favorites in terms of jrpgs.

My favorite Anime is "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone complex". And I feel it surpasses even that of Ghibli. But... That is quite a hell of a comparison.
My favorite Jrpg would have to be... Tales of Xillia. I just love Milla Maxwell and feel she captures the embodiment of taking charge of one's life.

I love Resident Evil, Golden Sun (Though I bitch about Dark Dawn, I still like it.) Some of the Final Fantasy games (7 is over rated. Deal with it.), I like the ideas of Dragon Quest 8's world.
I like the ideas of Kingdom hearts (But not the games themselves.)
For the most part I try to be open minded. But yeah, Rpgs though lol. Cannot get enough of them.

Though I like SMT greatly. Also- Big into rp, and very open minded.

That is me in a nutshell. Also... I love fluffy things.

Whoop. I'm Daniel, 26 (27 in September), genderqueer, pan, poly, pudgy in places, manic depressive and I've been around Zelda boards in general far too long. I make models, music, long walls of text (trying to be concise here, though) and dabble in programming though I'm not as skilled in that as anything else. I did a lot of early patchy documentation of puzzle elements, doors, and kept nagging cooliscool to finish geometry editing in UoT back when that was still a thing. I started making a dungeon out of Dampe's Grave and the Windmill, never finished it. Currently working on a couple of projects that I'm not posting much about since there's not much worth showing yet.

So I'm Jason.

I'm currently 19 years old but I turn 20 next week. Been around since late 2009 and found myself on Gekinzuku and Glitchkill trying to import the main theme of "Requiem for Dream" into OoT using mml2m64 (which didn't go down too well). I was amazed by some of spinout's hacks at the time and found myself following TBT (which died shortly after). Since then I've dabbled in helping out a couple of mods here and there and even had my own mini-mod for awhile that only made it to a pretty discrete beta release. I'm kind of a hoarder of information and am pretty proud of the gigantic collection of notes I have on modding N64 zelda games. One of these days I'll release them when I go through the trouble of reorganizing them. On a related note, I tend to have random bursts of obsession about learning everything there is to know about how OoT works and as a result, I've picked up many different skills. Things that I never really bothered with are textures, though. I used to be publicly active, but now I just tend to lurk in order to keep up with some projects like the Sheikah's Apprentice and Zelda's Eternal Youth and/or gather new modding information for god knows why. One of these days I'll put all this information to use... Anyhow, OoT modding actually showed me what I want to be in life (software developer) so cheers.

I'm a computer science major and may be graduating next semester. I should be reading notes for my next class, but screw that. I tend to hang out with my girlfriend of 2 years on weekends since we have a long distance relationship going on. Other times I'm hanging out with my roommates and friends by engaging in irresponsible activities... which is quite fun. Most people typically think that I'm quiet when you first meet me, although later you'll just think of me as "that really chill dude." I enjoy learning details of other people's lives in the sense that it helps me get to know a person better and reach out to them by sharing my own personal experiences. I take pride in the fact that I'm pretty trustworthy and a good listener who won't shove my opinions on your problems down your throat (unless you ask for them), but I also tend to only say what people want to hear (does that make me two-faced?). My judgments of others are based entirely on my own opinions so I'm not that guy to drop someone just because my friends don't like them; because of this, I tend to have a lot of friends of various types (nerds, stoners, social butterflies, wall flowers, etc.). Also, if you haven't guessed by reading this post and most of my other posts, I love making side-comments by putting them in parentheses. 

It's kinda cool seeing this place (and the Z64 community in general) rise and fall through the times like we're our own civilization. Also, it's pretty cool how I've gotten to know a few of you over the years and I should apologize that I haven't been around much lately.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose I should go next?

Name's Okami. Haven't been here since- A. The Ura Project fell apart. B. My Gmod stopped working. I think my most recent interaction with any forum member was with Ganondork on YouTube, and I can't even remember what that was. Apparently forgot I was subscribed to Death Basket too.

Don't really have much 3D modelling or rom hacking experience, but am a huge Zelda fan (and a little bit nuts about certain ambiguously or non-canon elements of the franchise), and since picking up MM3D and keeping track of the new additions to Hyrule Warriors (despite not owning it myself since this man has no Wii U)- been wanting to get back onto the forum scene. Can't remember any LoZ forums I'm on except this one- since most of the other ones I used to frequent have long since died off. It's good to be back.

You should have seen how I emberassed myself infront of Kusai when I realized she wasn't a dude  :D

Don't worry, a lot of people have that issue. That and it's turned into a "Kusai is BASICALLY A DUDE ANYWAY" But that's a story I'll touch on in this.

Yo, I'm Kusai/Omnai/Laura. I'm a 23 year old biological female, but I'm more on the genderfluid/genderqueer side of the spectrum. Basically I'm perfectly happy with my body being female, but I'm more mentally a male. I don't know how to describe it really, but now you know! I live in BC, Canada, and have spent a lot of time travelling...Though not to very exotic places LOL:.  I really enjoy drawing, video games, roleplaying. Yeah I'm pretty boring 8u;;

I originally met Takuhi and Shadowfire on the Social networking game called Secondlife through the Zelda community there. At first I didn't have a whole lot of interest in the URA project, but I did know that Riggy(who I know Takuhi/Zethn64 as) Was really good at modeling and textures. Course they pushed me(not really) to join the community. I was pretty quiet and in the background for a while, but then Shadowfire asked if I wanted to be staff, because he could trust me and knew I was good at such a thing. That's what happens when you're staff in the Zelda SL community for a while! I accepted and stayed mostly in the background, and only really stepped forward when I was needed, but that was all fine and dandy.

Then Ura fell, and there was a lot of drama and anger surrounding it.But after a while, a lot of the things said made me thing. "This doesn't sound like Riggy." I mean, a few things at the time I felt suspicious about, and I did my share of saying some pretty awful things. But I was also being spoken to behind my shoulder, of the different things he apparently pulled. So, one day, I messaged him. I sent him a picture to start a conversation, and we discussed the whole thing. Then it all made sense. Sooner or later, he was brought back into the community, and he often thanks me for that. 

Riggy and I became admins under Shadowfire, and are now actually part of a pretty successful Zelda Roleplay community on Secondlife. 

A lot of ups and downs in the past four years but all and all it's been pretty awesome.

As for other things, well, I want to go to school for Early Childhood development, because I actually adore kids. I also want to go somewhere with my art, which the farthest I've gone is a concept artist for a couple of projects on here. One fell through, and another I don't have time for, but the one I'm arting for now I'm hoping takes off really well! 

Uh....Other then that I can't really think of anything. SO~

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.